Robert Plant in The Big Apple

SteveAJones

The beard/goatee thing of Robert’s is related to some fascination of a British political historical figure that he loves, he has given money to statues on the guy and everything and I think he has mentioned him at press conferences and at gigs and stuff.

It's related to the fact that it suits him and he likes it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a really nice photo. After seeing the concert, the one thing that stayed with me was how much they smiled at one another. I don't want to get into the reunion 'thing' but my overall impression is that they seemed to REALLY enjoy that evening and it seems like such a shame that it didn't continue, (other record releases, it was a 'one off', etc...). For guys in their mid 60's, I was incredibly impressed. My buddy said, "that was only after 6 weeks of rehearsals and no real reunion for over 20 years. Holy shit!"

• 1 year later...

great story!

i would've got a photo of him in front of the PG building, though !

I can look to see if I took one that's not cropped that shows the building more, but if i DO, then RP will be very small in it

8075840397_a74f2548ed_z.jpg

What a great story! The photos are great. It really has to be one of the best fan stories I have heard, maybe because it was so random. Thanks for sharing that Steve.

If they are walking around filming and interviewing Robert I hope that surfaces!! :yesnod:

Obviously I am VERY late to THIS party! HAHA.

You probably already know this but, this is all there is of that day.

The "Reactions" they claimed they were going to air, all ended up on the "cutting room floor".

(See 3:40 in and about 20 seconds, The Blonde girl gets a good line and all I am doing is saying goodbye after our talk)

All my efforts to aquire (even buy) footage has been not refused, but sadly- ignored.

Not one single reply from anyone. Not even a "Piss off Dude", nothing.

Maybe we all just stood there in our soiled pants? and they felt it wouldn't bring anything to the table?

Edited by eplain

I can look to see if I took one that's not cropped that shows the building more, but if i DO, then RP will be very small in it

8075840397_a74f2548ed_z.jpg

Nice picture! Welcome to the forum. So, you were there that day? I saw your other posted picture with Robert. Any more info?

:peace:

Nice picture! Welcome to the forum. So, you were there that day? I saw your other posted picture with Robert. Any more info?

:peace:

No, not really. My Flickr page described it pretty good, a bit more than one would want to hear but I did that more for me, so I wouldnt ever forget the details of that day. The OP here did a good job of truncating it, so as to remove the BS that was not about RP. The only side story is, an aquaintence, through photographing her, (shown below) who does the part of JP in her tribute band, was trying to meet JP for years. I emailed her the day I met RP and she was shocked like everyone else. The next day, She met Jimmy at the press conference/party for the movie release. She got to chat with him a bit, and Jimmy has since went to one of her shows in London and saw her & her band perform. Gave her a nod and I belive his words were- "They get it, they are doing it right". He said much more postive things but you get the idea... he was diggin' it all. I forget when the release was of the new LZ movie (I had posted my photos pretty quick. I didn't know they were flying all over the web like they did) but when I went to it the night it premeired in my town, I sat down, only to have a gentlemen sitting next to me, turn and give me a strange look. He said- "you're that guy that met Robert Plant in NYC the other day, aren't you?". I was like "....yes, yes I AM....BUT...(lookign confused)" he said, you need to understand, news on those guys are rare, so when it happens, it flies all over the web pretty darn quick and far. Needless to say, I laughed at that. (As I write this, I am getting Deja vu, I wonder if I typed it here before and forgot I had joined a long time ago under another email? HAHA...oh well, if so, doesn't hurt to repeat it). I'm reliving a good story now as I tell it.

8707561186_3540d73ff3.jpg

you can see full sets here (they really are amazing)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edplain/sets/72157633428773782/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/edplain/sets/72157630326747608/

PS: She also plays the Dano, Dragon, Double neck, etc. (Don't freak out on the name, NO! no sexual activities at the show! just a little fun... HAHA)

Edited by eplain