New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Jimmy had previously said that all of the audio is complete and mastered. If John Davis is back in the studio working on Led Zeppelin material then that means that either there's an issue with what has already been completed, or he's now mastering something else by Led Zeppelin that isn't one of the studio albums.

Jimmy had previously said that all of the audio is complete and mastered. If John Davis is back in the studio working on Led Zeppelin material then that means that either there's an issue with what has already been completed, or he's now mastering something else by Led Zeppelin that isn't one of the studio albums.

You're right, he did say that...guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Someone asked John exactly what Zeppelin he's mastering, and he offered this lighthearted reply: https://twitter.com/daftfader/status/504976566880075776

Someone. :whistling:

:P

So which track from HOTH will be used for the promo spot? I was expecting OTHAFA but as it would be the "companion" version, which apparently doesn't have vocals...maybe not.

Even though we're only getting two albums this go-round, we're still getting three "singles": We're getting "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll" from IV, and "The Song Remains the Same" from HOTH.

Even though we're only getting two albums this go-round, we're still getting three "singles": We're getting "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll" from IV, and "The Song Remains the Same" from HOTH.

NO STAIRWAY?????????? And also why two from IV and one from, HOTH? How do you know this?

NO STAIRWAY?????????? And also why two from IV and one from, HOTH? How do you know this?

When the first three sets were announced, iTunes showed the track times for "Good Times Bad Times", "Whole Lotta Love", and "Immigrant Song". When these next three sets were announced, iTunes showed the times of three tracks, "Black Dog", "Rock and Roll", and "The Song Remains".

If you check iTunes now, it'll show the track times for all songs.

When the first three sets were announced, iTunes showed the track times for "Good Times Bad Times", "Whole Lotta Love", and "Immigrant Song". When these next three sets were announced, iTunes showed the times of three tracks, "Black Dog", "Rock and Roll", and "The Song Remains".

If you check iTunes now, it'll show the track times for all songs.

Good sleuthing.

Today was an amazing day!

The Led Zepp IV deluxe teaser, plus the announcements of official releases through Eagle Vision of the Doors´ Feast of Friends documentary and the Stones´ "From the vault" series with Hampton Colliseum 81. 2014 is a massive year for rock fans!

So those alternate vocals on Black Dog... Should be interesting. I really enjoyed the alternate mix to Immigrant Song with the dry mix and extra vocals in the outro, made the song sound so much more psychedelic and I actually prefer the alternate version to the final version.

Just hoping we'll get some more gems. :D

I'm interested what he puts in for Physical Graffiti, see I would hate to be him if he does have a room full of mastertapes, bootlegs, outtakes, especially for Physical Graffiti. Hope Presence will have some live stuff from the '77 tour like Zeppelin I did with the Olympia show.

I'm interested what he puts in for Physical Graffiti, see I would hate to be him if he does have a room full of mastertapes, bootlegs, outtakes, especially for Physical Graffiti. Hope Presence will have some live stuff from the '77 tour like Zeppelin I did with the Olympia show.

Prepare to be disappointed -- no more live has been confirmed for a long time.

No More Live Stuff is bullshit.....i hate that....there's a wealth of amazing soundboards Jimmy could polish and edit however the fuck he wants...jUST AS LONG AS WE GET THEM.....like Dallas 1975? the Millard family would definitely let him do all of Listen To This Eddie....at least those Japan tapes....like what the hell? ive heard about ten different stories about those Japan 1971 tapes...they wiped them is one, they hated the performances is another....whats the definite truth? by the way Zephead, HOW THE EAST WAS WON would be something i would wait outside in the freezing winter for three days just to buy...especially if it was both Osaka nights

Well its okay, but I assumed if he had access to the Olympia show he should have some type of access to some of the later tours soundboards as well. I'm sure there is other cool stuff that he has laying around for the later albums. I hope he can get access (if he doesn't have it already) to those tapes for a official release later on, that would be cool to hear some of those shows with better audio quality. In any way, so far the bonus stuff on these albums have been pretty good. I dig the Bathroom Sound especially, but that's because I'm a drummer and I like backing tracks. :P

Let's remember that some tapes were stolen from Pages home (and other places), so what he might have recovered could be inferior or damaged. Some board tapes could also have been made without Page's knowledge - thus he doesn't have "masters" or anything like that. He does have access to them via the internet and the boot labels, but I don't think he's too keen on releasing that sort of stuff. I think the Olympia show came directly from the radio station's vault, they only had a digital version of it.

We know 100% without a doubt that Page has Earls Court, Knebworth, and Southampton multitracks, he even used a little of Southampton on HTWWW. We can go back and forth all day about what is worthy of release, but it wouldn't be hard to mix some of those and toss them on one of the companion discs. That doesn't appear to be Page's direction with these companion discs though, he wants to show the studio side. Olympia was used as "filler" due to not having enough studio stuff to fill a disc.

We know 100% without a doubt that Page has Earls Court, Knebworth, and Southampton multitracks, he even used a little of Southampton on HTWWW. We can go back and forth all day about what is worthy of release, but it wouldn't be hard to mix some of those and toss them on one of the companion discs. That doesn't appear to be Page's direction with these companion discs though, he wants to show the studio side. Olympia was used as "filler" due to not having enough studio stuff to fill a disc.

Glyn, great way to look at the companion discs and Mr. Page's overall focus. He's focusing on the studio legacy of LZ. That is a worthy endeavor. Glad to have these documents.

Would be nice if, down the road, he'd turn to the live legacy and share more of that history, especially considering the band made it's reputation on stage. Given that perspective, I could almost start to hope it would happen in a few years. I could see Jimmy releasing one representative show per year/tour.

But, I don't want to disappoint myself.

Archived