What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Settle down, girls. That wasn't what I got...that was just one of the swap meet's tables with their offerings. I didn't have the budget to get everything on that table. I did get a soundboard from the May 16, 1973 Sam Houston Coliseum show, and "Where the Buffalo Roam", July 15, 1973 Buffalo, NY. Also some Pink Floyd, Faces, Van Halen and Wilco.

Oh. So I got all worked up for nothing. Dammit. I thought you bought all of that loot. But, you did come out with some really good stuff. B)

Settle down, girls. That wasn't what I got...that was just one of the swap meet's tables with their offerings. I didn't have the budget to get everything on that table. I did get a soundboard from the May 16, 1973 Sam Houston Coliseum show, and "Where the Buffalo Roam", July 15, 1973 Buffalo, NY. Also some Pink Floyd, Faces, Van Halen and Wilco.

Still worth getting up for... :thumbsup:

I always wondered what 'swap meets' were, after the Nirvana song.

So then, do you swap (= trade) your boots for their boots? Or is it only 'swap' in the sense that you swap your cash for their boots? In which case, it would be what we call a 'record fair'?

You can do both, Major. I usually bring something I don't need or want anymore, although sometimes the reason I don't want it is the same reason they don't want it, either.

I've been sick the last few days...must've caught something during New Year's. Thankfully I am not feeling so near death today, so I can go out to the American Cinematheque tonight for a FANTASTIC double feature: "Ball of Fire" and "The Awful Truth"!!!

"Ball of Fire" stars that firecracker Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper, and features a great musical sequence with Bonham's hero, Gene Krupa doing "Drum Boogie". Directed by the great Howard Hawks("Scarface", "Bringing Up Baby", "His Girl Friday", "The Big Sleep"...and too many more to list here).

1937's "The Awful Truth" stars those classic farceurs Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. Directed by another great director, Leo McCarey, who won the Best Director Oscar for this picture.

I ALWAYS feel better and happy after seeing these films...and after all, they say laughter is the best medicine...so I should be feeling really good tonight!

If you don't like these movies, I don't want to know you.

Edited by Strider

My daughter wanted some teddy bear-shaped chocolate today. I couldn't find any, but they did have some Malteser Bunnies. She was happy, so I was happy too.

I have Maltesers waiting for me to eat that "Santa" aka husband gave me for X-Mas. Love them!

I am happy today because it was a day to be lazy and I have chili simmering on the stove and all I have to do is make the cornbread. Yum!

Sittin on the beach at the bar where my cousin works when it's 80 degrees in January and LOVING IT :D.

Reminds me of the Van Halen classic "Beautiful Girls"..."I got a drink in my hand, got my toes in the sand, all I need is a beautiful girl".

Or, I guess in your case..."She had her drink in her hand, she had her toes in the sand and whoah! What a beautiful girl! Oh yeah!"

I hit the beach myself this past weekend...there was a good swell hitting the Southern California beaches and my head was finally free of the cold that I got New Year's, and that EVERYBODY seems to be getting, haha.

Unfortunately, while the cold was gone, my nose still looked like something from a W.C. Fields movie.

But hey, it was January, it was warm, and surf was up...who cannot be happy in such circumstances?

:lol:

No, just me and Leo as I will be going to live with them, his Daddy is a Zep fan so no prob's with him there and his taste in Music... :thumbsup:

How far away do your kids live from you? Are you still chocolate deprived...will we have to airlift some chocolate to where you are?

I thank your son for his service to his country.

I'm happy right now as my coffee is strong and black(like my men, ;) ) and my bacon perfectly cooked.

I always say there are three things that make everything taste better: chocolate, peanut butter, and bacon.

Reminds me of the Van Halen classic "Beautiful Girls"..."I got a drink in my hand, got my toes in the sand, all I need is a beautiful girl".

Or, I guess in your case..."She had her drink in her hand, she had her toes in the sand and whoah! What a beautiful girl! Oh yeah!"

I hit the beach myself this past weekend...there was a good swell hitting the Southern California beaches and my head was finally free of the cold that I got New Year's, and that EVERYBODY seems to be getting, haha.

Unfortunately, while the cold was gone, my nose still looked like something from a W.C. Fields movie.

But hey, it was January, it was warm, and surf was up...who cannot be happy in such circumstances?

Hope your cold is better! I couldn't agree with you more about warm a January ..who couldn't be happy with that lol? Coming from 30+ years in Chicago I'm loving Florida winters. Although now I'm spoiled and anything under 65 is officially cold :P