What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I am just sitting here listening to Manchester City versus Everton on the radio, and I started reminiscing. I remember in 1973, it was my first holiday in Newquay. Anyway I was in a "Disco" I had to go with my brother (well he was giving me a free holiday). I was 18 at the time and I had long hair and hated all the crap music they played in discos. I went over to the DJ and started talking to him, we were talking about equipment and records etc. It turned out that he was a Led Zeppelin fan, I asked him if he was prepared to take a risk. He asked what, I asked him to play Stairway To Heaven and watch what happens. After about two more crappy records (and a pint) he agreed. I remember it to this day, in the beginning people didn't know how to dance to it. Then amazingly the dancefloor emptied , the DJ gave me a horrible look and I told him to wait. When "If there's a bustle in your hedgerow" started people started taking notice and they all started congregating on the dance floor. When the track ended, the whole club started applauding. It was magical. For those who disbelieve it was in the "Blue Lagoon" nightclub in Newquay, Cornwall in July/August 1973.Sorry I can't be more precise but in those days I used to take my annual leave in the last week of August/first week of September.Sorry if you find this boring, but it is something that has stayed in my memory.

Bought a beautiful Christmas tree, put the lights on and will decorate it tomorrow morning as a family. So many memories in those ornaments, so many stories to tell - so it should be a nice morning! After getting it home, it's like the thing grew! :)

Bought a beautiful Christmas tree, put the lights on and will decorate it tomorrow morning as a family. So many memories in those ornaments, so many stories to tell - so it should be a nice morning! After getting it home, it's like the thing grew! :)

Sounds wonderful, Walter!

I tear up every time I open the box with the ornaments the kids made.

Glad to hear it Walter. I bought a little real table tree today. This year I cant use my treasured old ornaments including my collection from the Island of misfit toys. so we have this little Charlie Brown jobber to put little gold bulbs on. We are raising baby kittens. You know how that would go with a real tree. They would be climbing it and whacking my good bulbs.

I am also happy because I have won over $600 since last night. I had them load my card and I will be doing some Amazon shopping before my daughter hits the north here.

Have fun decorating Walter. I love it. I am going to get my Xmas cards ready soon.

Advent chocolate number 2 today: Trumpet shape, but much smaller than the Christmas /tree yesterday. So maybe this should go in the Unhappy thread. Can you be happy and unhappy about the same thing? I don't know

Oh yes you can. I have an "exotic" plant. This week it will have to be chopped down. It will be a sad day but after a few days the sadness will be replaced by Joy. As you are new here Old Sep you may think WTF is the poster going on about? Please feel free to guess? ;)

well I have no idea and I give up, since you're a 'botanist' it could be just about anything i suppose.

3rd choccy advent shape is a sleigh shape. I'm disappointed they are all milk chcolate this year, last year my calender had a milk and white choc mix. I think it was from ALDI last year, the Germans are much better at doing xmas than all the boring overpriced crap made here. In fact the Germans are better at most things.