The only thing missing from the O2 show...

hecube

Actually, there is a LOT missing from the official O2 DVD release:

Lots of the "Plantations" have been edited or cut. The worst was his intro to "Kashmir".

The grimace on Jimmy's face when he is just behind Jason's beat during "Black Dog"

Hearing Jason sing "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeIIIIII....I can't quit you baby".

Watching Robert sing "And the forest will echo with laughter" and hearing the audience in front of him sing "Does anyone remember laughter?" And Robert smiling at them.

Jason bowing to the three ala "I'm not worthy".

Robert tossing his mike in the air and letting it fall to the stage after the last encore.

Jimmy bringing up his guitar after the last encore and giving it a kiss.

I haven't received my copy yet, but that is what I remember missing from the showing at the theater. In some respects, I prefer the "A Work in Progress" DVD! The official release captures the concert but missess a LOT of the atmosphere in my opinion.

Actually, there is a LOT missing from the official O2 DVD release:

Lots of the "Plantations" have been edited or cut. The worst was his intro to "Kashmir".

The grimace on Jimmy's face when he is just behind Jason's beat during "Black Dog"

Hearing Jason sing "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeIIIIII....I can't quit you baby".

Watching Robert sing "And the forest will echo with laughter" and hearing the audience in front of him sing "Does anyone remember laughter?" And Robert smiling at them.

Jason bowing to the three ala "I'm not worthy".

Robert tossing his mike in the air and letting it fall to the stage after the last encore.

Jimmy bringing up his guitar after the last encore and giving it a kiss.

I haven't received my copy yet, but that is what I remember missing from the showing at the theater. In some respects, I prefer the "A Work in Progress" DVD! The official release captures the concert but missess a LOT of the atmosphere in my opinion.

That's in there. Look carefully... 2:02:30

hecube,

OOOPS...sorry, I missed seeing that at the theater. Might have been when the people in front of me stood and applauded! I haven't got my copy yet (I'm 3000 miles from the nearest store) and Amazon just shipped my copies today! Thanks for the correction!

Oh, Mr.page ... kissing his old time pal ... Lovely gesture. and as for fantasy sequences, robert's will be him, trying to restore his voice to sing black dog properly. Jimmy, trying to play sloppy as he used to, but just can't. and jonesy's will be him sneaking to the corner, to get out of the spotlights. :) best band of all time. Cheers.

***sigh

...and Heartbreaker

and not quite sure who did the snip snip edits, can take them or leave them- haz boots if I want to see everything Stryder1978 lists

To me the whole release thing is confusing. It's a great set yes, no doubt but they could have given us more packaging options. I for the life of me can't think why they put the bonus material on a seperate disc. I haven't checked or haven't seen any mention of how much space the Blu Ray concert took up but it's not that much I'm sure.

Jeff

The only thing missing from the O2 show is...... John Henry Bonham.

(RIP Bonzo).

Exactly!

Jason did an excellent job though:)

But there were so many songs I was missing...The Rain Song for example... I remember hearing The Song Remains the Same and immediately started humming The Rain Song when I realised they're not going to play it. It made me quite sad to be honest :(

Exactly!

Jason did an excellent job though:)

But there were so many songs I was missing...The Rain Song for example... I remember hearing The Song Remains the Same and immediately started humming The Rain Song when I realised they're not going to play it. It made me quite sad to be honest :(

Ezek szerint ott voltál az Urániában? Mikor? / So you were in the Urania? When?

No, Hecube, the only thing missing from the O2 are flared trousers. Big fuck-off huge flares. Such a pity, but such is life...

What, no sweater vests either?

The DVD is awesome in my opinion. Can't think of any work that didn't leave something or another on the cutting room floor in one way or another. I'm not going to second guess the final cut. Just happy to have it.

Archived