Jimmy in... Black Country Communion?

Xavi

http://www.collectorsroom.com.br/2013/02/jimmy-page-pode-ser-o-novo-guitarrista.html translated with Google.

Sharing with you a rumor that has been gaining more and more strength: Glenn Hughes invited Jimmy Page would be the new guitarist for Black Country Communion's Joe Bonamassa in place, and the mastermind behind Led Zeppelin would be one step closer to accepting the invitation .

Let the facts: the relationship soured between Bonamassa and Hughes at the time of release of the third album of BCC, Afterglow. The reason was the refusal of Joe on touring to promote the album, focusing all his efforts on his solo career. Mercadologicamente, Bonamassa's decision makes sense because it alone sells more records than the BCC. However, it is also understandable Glenn's complaint, after a band release a new job and do shows to promote it is at least strange.

There are two points that should be taken into consideration in this history of the BCC Page. The first is that Black Country Communion was formed around Joe Bonamassa, with active participation of producer Kevin Shirley. So it would be strange guitarist stay out of a possible second incarnation of the ensemble.

And the second point is that one of the partners in Page's recent appearances Zeppelin Jason Bonham, the drummer is BCC, which would help, and a lot at the entrance to the Jimmy banda. Remember also that even Shirley already has a lasting working relationship with Page and Led Zeppelin, working on the new version of Live The Song Remains the Same and triple How the West Was Won, and Led Zeppelin DVD's multiplatinum. Shirley also produced Live at the Greek, written by Jimmy beside the Black Crowes, and No Quarter - Unledded, Page & Plant.

To repeat: there is no confirmation on any of this yet, but rumors are taking increasing proportions in recent weeks, so I decided to share with you all. Personally, as a huge fan of Led,'m rooting for it to happen and that Jimmy Page return to active, showing his brilliance in another band besides Zeppelin.

Fingers crossed!

Well....not sure what to make of this, but I did hope and pray a while back that Jimmy would hook up with Joe at some point. I have no doubt those two would make great music together.

*slaps self awake*

Damn reality.

Just reading between the lines, but perhaps Joe may not be involved in this incarnation of BCC. Just seems he may not be part of this, but no confirmation regarding Joe or JP either. All rumor it seems at best for now!

Hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather see Jimmy doing something solo or starting a totally new band. If the choice was Page in BCC or nothing I'd take it without hesitation. Still, would rather see something different.

I really like BCC, but mostly for Jason and Joe. Derek is not showing much in there, his keyboards are mere fillers in their music (maybe a lilbit shame?), so I dont really consider him much and as much as I like Glen elsewhere, I dont really like him here. Neither his voice nor how he shows off. Too much EGO for such a band...

If Joe would go apart from BCC, then I would prolly rather go and see HIS concert then BCC, if I had to choose.

Ofc, when their problems revealed, there were MANY and MANY speculations about who would step in or how would they work it out.... Jimmy was one of the dreamy options of course ever since. In that case, I would give them one more chance :peace: .

Recently, I hope Jimmy would be occupied elsewhere in 2014... hint: It would involve Jason too :):bravo:

If this does happen .... CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE..out of respect for both Jimmy Page and Joe Bonamasa.

Well, I've been following Glenn's tweets the past couple of months and he has been doing his best not to spill out the beans as he did many times before :P But he did surrender at some point when he said he was starting a NEW BAND and that they are recording their debut album. He promised details on the subject to be due in one or two months...

He also said he's doing something for his SOUL MOVER INNER CHILD this year, whatever that supposed to mean... I take it it's going to be another solo Hughes album...

But anyway, back to the Jimmy joining former BCC members thing... I would really love to see that IF all of the members share their songwriting contributions to the album... Cuz let's be honest, the past 2 BCC albums could have easily been called GLENN HUGHES & HIS ALL HUGHES BAND! ;)

If they are going to do it though, it would be nice if JPJ would come along to replace Derek on keyboards too ;)

But honestly, I think Ritchie Blackmore would do a better job as an axe-man in THIS particular project/band....Jimmy should just focus on LED ZEPPELIN's new album, imho :P

I think I'd rather see him do something on his own than this.

I agree, SD!

I am not really a Glen Hughes fan, at all. :thumbdown:

I really wanted to like BCC more than I actually did, I love Joe and Jason.

I have several of Joe's solo albums... And i love his stuff.

I think Glen just tries too hard and over sings... when I try to listen to BCC I find myself wishing he would quit singing so I could enjoy the music more.

Just my opinion.

Peace

Well that's not true. And not sharing about it is also not breaking confidences.

(and I don't mean me)

I just mean those of us who are not privy to such information, which would account for most of us on this forum. Being just "fans" - again, those who are not privy to information - there is no way we can know for sure.

I agree, SD!

I am not really a Glen Hughes fan, at all. :thumbdown:

I really wanted to like BCC more than I actually did, I love Joe and Jason.

I have several of Joe's solo albums... And i love his stuff.

I think Glen just tries too hard and over sings... when I try to listen to BCC I find myself wishing he would quit singing so I could enjoy the music more.

Just my opinion.

Peace

I'm not also much of a fan of Glen. Don't really like his voice and is why I can't get into this band.

Archived