The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I probably shouldn't say this, but any time a wrestler passes away, I'm left to wonder if "Substance abuse" was somehow involved. RIP Mr. Orndorff...

I think that sort of life in general is not conducive to a longevity. Yes the "sport" is mostly acting and is completely scripted, however one has to be very, very good to pull it off realistically and not get seriously hurt. Even the best miss a cue, slip, whatever and serious injury results. These guys on top of that are exploited by the system and people like Vince McMahon, no health insurance, no pension, just "here's a few bucks sucker, now off ya go." The lucky ones like Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin make their money on marketing and swag, endorsements, but the majority of even the very popular wrestling stars typically wind up broke, living in continuous pain, and dead by 60 due to the battered body just giving up.

These guys and women never get the true credit, or the true payment they are deserved. Rest in peace Paul - Mr. Wonderful.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, paul carruthers said:

^^ I probably shouldn't say this, but any time a wrestler passes away, I'm left to wonder if "Substance abuse" was somehow involved. RIP Mr. Orndorff...

The guys at work used to call me Mr. Wonderful. 

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Jeff made it to 58?! That too is shocking.

Yes, indeed. Keifer lives in Nashville, too. 
Fifteen or so years ago I saw a boat load of his guitars for sale at Gruhn’s guitars.

R😎

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Jeff made it to 58?! That too is shocking.

I understand most people think Cinderella as a silly hair band but they had some damn good, blues based songs. The guitar solo in Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) is excellent with some really good phrasing. Bad Seamstress Blues is kinda their take on In My Time of Dying and pretty good.

RIP Jeff

Edited by BobDobbs

"The members of the band KANSAS, past and present, wish to express our deepest sorrow over the death of our bandmate and friend, Robby Steinhardt.
Robby will always be in our souls, in our minds, and in our music.
What he brought to us as bandmates, to the fans who attended our concerts, and to the sound of KANSAS, will always be heartfelt.
We love him and will miss him always."

KANSAS