The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

He kept the Stones' rhythm together and the driving force and backbone of this band. Can't be replaced just like Bonzo. This is a tough one. Glad I got to see the Stones with reliable and dapper Charlie who had a great sense of fashion.

I was so pissed yesterday.  All the classic rock stations here in Denver continued to play their regular (boring) set list.  I expected them to play nothing but Stones the rest of the afternoon.  I was pissed enough to fire off e-mails to three of the stations!

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I was so pissed yesterday.  All the classic rock stations here in Denver continued to play their regular (boring) set list.  I expected them to play nothing but Stones the rest of the afternoon.  I was pissed enough to fire off e-mails to three of the stations!

Classic Crock. 

On 8/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, kipper said:

Shouldn't Charlie Watts deserve his own RIP thread? This is still a ROCK AND ROLL forum is it not?  Poor Charlie has to be commemorated in the same thread where Falco is honored?

Hey now, what the hell is wrong with Falco?

You keep up that attitude and Amadeus will NOT be rocking you 😉 Austria may put out a fatwa on yo ass.

10 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Hey now, what the hell is wrong with Falco?

You keep up that attitude and Amadeus will NOT be rocking you 😉 Austria may put out a fatwa on yo ass.

Most unlikely to stumble across Falco in this RIP thread as he died in 1998 if my memory serves me well. Anyway, I completely agree with kipper.

We may put out a fatwa on someone who try to bore/torture us with SOUND OF MUSIC!

58 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Most unlikely to stumble across Falco in this RIP thread as he died in 1998 if my memory serves me well. Anyway, I completely agree with kipper.

We may put out a fatwa on someone who try to bore/torture us with SOUND OF MUSIC!

but the hills are alive with :elvis2:

15 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Andy Adams passed away. He's probably best remembered in the Led Zeppelin community for his "Early Days Latter Days" fanzine and his Celebration Daze Facebook page, which has about 25K members. Condolences to his family and friends.

Damn. I didn't know he was that old. I did not know Andy personally but I loved his facebook page and the joy and passion he curated it with daily. 

Rest in peace, Andy. Condolences to his family and loved ones. I hope there is someone to keep his page going.

ANDY ADAMS

Andy Adams of Croydon, Surrey, England, enthusiastically published the Led Zeppelin fanzine EARLY DAYS & LATTER DAYS from February 1991 to September 1993. In so doing, he provided a reliable, entertaining and informative platform that began soon after the critically acclaimed release of the first Led Zeppelin boxed set and continued until the dawn of the Page/Plant era. The individually signed and numbered full set of Early Days & Latter Days I received from Andy nearly 30 years ago serves today as a poignant reminder that time is fleeting and life is precious. Rest in peace Andy Adams.

Edited by SteveAJones

Rip ed asner. 91.

I honestly thought he died years ago.

He’s been playing Santa Claus in a few Hallmark movies the past decade I guess to keep his SAG card.

R😎

Edited by reids