The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

17 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

Rest In Peace Lee "Scratch" Perry

'The Mirror God will chop off Thatcher's head and kill the seven demons in her! As soon as this interview is out, it will happen!' said Lee Scratch Perry in 1990. 
She was gone that year - of course it was down to Lee, what else could it have been? And that's after he'd already tried killing her with his farts! Rest easy now, you crazy fuqr.

Edited by Brigante

13 hours ago, Brigante said:

'The Mirror God will chop off Thatcher's head and kill the seven demons in her! As soon as this interview is out, it will happen!' said Lee Scratch Perry in 1990. 
She was gone that year - of course it was down to Lee, what else could it have been? And that's after he'd already tried killing her with his farts! Rest easy now, you crazy fuqr.

Rest In Peace!!!🤣

Fucking hell. Omar is dead. Michael K. Williams, who created the indelible character of 'Omar' on HBO's "The Wire", has passed away…possibly to drug overdose but no confirmation yet. Y'all can rave about The Sopranos and Game of Thrones all you want, but The Wire was better than both of them. Simply one of the best tv series ever. R.I.P. Michael K. Williams.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/06/1034655290/michael-williams-omar-the-wire-hbo-dies-at-age-54

241487985_10220568189255823_5257189318678694552_n.jpg.4ffaafa6b729e3f42195e17dc151fa62.jpg

Edited by Strider

21 minutes ago, Strider said:

Fucking hell. Omar is dead. Michael K. Williams, who created the indelible character of 'Omar' on HBO's "The Wire", has passed away…possibly to drug overdose but no confirmation yet. Y'all can rave about The Sopranos and Game of Thrones all you want, but The Wire was better than both of them. Simply one of the best tv series ever. R.I.P. Michael K. Williams.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/06/1034655290/michael-williams-omar-the-wire-hbo-dies-at-age-54

241487985_10220568189255823_5257189318678694552_n.jpg.4ffaafa6b729e3f42195e17dc151fa62.jpg

Goddamnit!!! I really loved his acting. I am actually re-watching Boardwalk Empire and on season 2. His portrayal of Chalky White was fantastic.

JOE SATRIANI's Longtime Manager MICK BRIGDEN Dies After Accident On His Property

mickbridgen_638.webp.0abbe8da871877aada6f5e73cd132f02.webp

Joe Satriani's longtime manager Mick Brigden died on September 5 following an accident on his property at his home in Santa Rosa, California. He was 73.

Mick spent decades managing and road managing the likes of Humble Pie, Mountain and Peter Frampton, in addition to Van Morrison, Taj Mahal and Carlos Santana, among others. He directed tours for The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan and is perhaps best known for the last three decades managing Satriani's career.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe-satrianis-longtime-manager-mick-brigden-dies-after-accident-on-his-property/

Edited by luvlz2

Michael Constantine, who played Gus, the father of Nia Vardalos’ Toula Portokalos in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” by far the highest-grossing romantic comedy of all time, died on Aug. 31. He was 94.

Constantine’s agent confirmed the news of his death to Variety. He died of natural causes.

I never saw that movie.  I remember him from "Room 222" back in the day.