The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Death comes so fast it literally is impossible to keep up. Today's death du jour was comedian Paul Mooney. R.I.P.

Yep. R.I.P. Paul Mooney. Not only was he a comedian / comedy writer for Richard Pryor; he also was an actor (portrayed Sam Cooke in “The Buddy Holly Story”).

R😎

C626EF1D-CFDD-45F2-97A6-26EE2ED18A30.jpeg

7 hours ago, reids said:

Yep. R.I.P. Paul Mooney. Not only was he a comedian / comedy writer for Richard Pryor; he also was an actor (portrayed Sam Cooke in “The Buddy Holly Story”).

R😎

C626EF1D-CFDD-45F2-97A6-26EE2ED18A30.jpeg

Paul Mooney was responsible for this infamous sketch.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

He died in 2004 and you are just now finding out?  😲

No...... There just happened to be an article on his death in my notifications box, and so I read it, because I like reading this stuff, whether I know it or not.

Like, 3 minutes ago I red about the 1980 KISS Tour in Australia. I've red about that so many times. 

I just like reading things, because there could always be more information (on the DD article though it was already what I knew)

RIP Mark Eaton.

Close friend of Mrs Walter’s parents and our family. They were together earlier this week for Joe West’s record breaking umpire game in Chicago. He was a really good guy when we were together. 

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

American television actor Gavin MacLeod (1931-2021)

190680986_4165077423548945_3807486300014404301_n.jpg

Said to hear of his passing. He also played a crook on an Andy Griffith episode (“Mayberry Goes Hollywood” regarding a fake tv show, Sheriff Without a Gun). 

R😎

Not sure if this was ever posted, but Johnny Crawford passed away this last April here in Los Angeles due to complications from Alzheimer's disease. He was 75.

Crawford is best remembered as playing Mark McCain in the TV series 'The Rilfleman' with Chuck Connors. Johnny was also one of the original members of  Walt Disney's The Mickey Mouse Club (first season).

RIP

spacer.png

spacer.png