Red Hot Chili Peppers to cover Led Zeppelin at the Super Bowl

slave to zep

Interesting.

could be :)

I was gonna post that but I think he was just joking. Would be too cool though, guess we'll find out Sunday night.

maybe he is. when i first read it, i thought that D&C is not the best ZEP song for the Superbowl ....

He was joking. That is why he said LIVE version.

i don't get what you are saying - there are many live versions .... but you are probably right that it is a joke. :)

Obviously Chad was joking...the "live version" remark is a giveaway that he was kidding around. The Chili Peppers don't matter to me as much as they did in the 80s or when John Frusciante was still with them, but I'll still check out their halftime show...it can't be as bad as some of the others have been.

Much like most of the other music events on television anymore, it will be both RHCP and Mars to try to get a wider audience to stay tuned. It could be good - I like them both. As Strider said, since John has left the band - again - they are not as relevant anymore.

could be :)

maybe he is. when i first read it, i thought that D&C is not the best ZEP song for the Superbowl ....

i don't get what you are saying - there are many live versions .... but you are probably right that it is a joke. :)

I think when most people refer to Dazed And Confused live version, they are speaking of the 73/75 version which could last thirty plus minutes. :)

LOL! I would rather watch the Red Hot Chili Peppers than the Superbowl; maybe someone can alert me when the halftime would be.

May I point out that the use of the word "relevant" is incorrect unless it is in relation to something, in other words, "relevant to..." maybe you mean you just don't like RHCP anymore.

They've become a parody of themselves since John's departure, that's what I mean by them not being relevant anymore. With each changing member, they have changed their musical direction somewhat. This last album was not. I still enjoy their music and look forward to the energy they will bring to the performance.

The halftime show should be around 8:00 eastern, btw (no pun intended :P).

^^^

Walter's mostly right...RHCP's days of relavancy to the music scene are slipping away. Maybe they have one more burst of creativity in them, but I think most of the people who go to see them now just want to hear the "Mother's Milk"-"Blood Sugar Sex Magic"-"Californiacation" stuff. "Just play the hits, maaaaan!"

It's just not the same without John F.

Anyone ever notice how much Chad Smith looks like Will Ferrell?

Just don't mention that to Chad...he hates that.

Any accredited reporter/writer/media person that actually thought and wrote that the Red Hot Chili Peppers were going to play "Dazed and Confused" should be summarily fired on the spot and have their credentials taken away.

I have always thought that Rush would be a great Super Bowl halftime show. They have enough mainstream music to make everyone happy and still rock out. I imagine the set would be something like Tom Sawyer, Spirit Of The Radio, Freewill and Closer To The Heart.

I have always thought that Rush would be a great Super Bowl halftime show. They have enough mainstream music to make everyone happy and still rock out. I imagine the set would be something like Tom Sawyer, Spirit Of The Radio, Freewill and Closer To The Heart.

I agree. Yet, there is something about rush that has gone over the heads of mainstream music fans. Something like this would be interesting for rush. It would be a chance to win a lot of people over. I had a new found respect for tom petty after his set, years back.

Actually, at these events, cover songs would be a good idea. I remember that story from steven tyler, where they played zeps/immigrant song at festivals in the 90s. He said, they could actually see the crowds reaction to zeps music.

Would have liked to seen paul and ringo to do an everly bros song, or buddy holly song at grammys.

Edited by middlezep