Red Hot Chili Peppers to cover Led Zeppelin at the Super Bowl

slave to zep

I wouldn't be surprised if the RHCP just throw in a bit of Dazed during their set, due to this.

I agree. I think that this "tease" by Chad Smith is actually a real possibility. Granted, if it really does happen, it will be only about one (maybe) two minutes in duration.

So RHCP didn't play LZ but as previously stated Good TImes Bad TImes was playing on the commercial return. Hearing so much more Zep on TV and movies seems odd to me. From what I understand Jimmy has a tight hold on ALL of their songs, images, etc. He has rarely released the rights to their songs in the past. Now they are Spotify and I'm hearing them a lot more often. So what has changed? Any ideas?

LZ music is so timeless, maybe a realization that there is a whole new generation of fans, many just waiting to discover their music. I, too, am somewhat surprised, but always thrilled, to hear LZ in unexpected places...like when the Ole Miss band plays Kashmir at the football games...so cool!!

Your right they played "When the Levee Breaks" while Russell starting talking about the Broncos right before the game began.

I heard "When the Levee Breaks" in the background as Kurt Russell was talking about the teams just before the game began.

I think the Broncos's entrance song was WTLB, so that would explain it.

And i've seen NFL telecasts use Rock and Roll and Immigrant Song on many occasions for the little bumps and highlight videos over the years. Not to mention the stadiums play em all the time. Just pleasing the crowd i suppose :)

I think the Broncos's entrance song was WTLB, so that would explain it.

And i've seen NFL telecasts use Rock and Roll and Immigrant Song on many occasions for the little bumps and highlight videos over the years. Not to mention the stadiums play em all the time. Just pleasing the crowd i suppose :)

Kashmir is played a lot at sporting games here in Australia :)

Watching the show I was thinking that Bruno Mars would be a good choice should they ever do a James Brown bio-pic.

Much like the Ray Charles or Johnny Cash ones from a few years ago. Anybody agree/disagree? Thanks!

I know there is currently a James Brown biopic filming with Mick Jagger as one of the producers of the film. I think there was an article in the online edition of Rolling Stone regarding this film the last day or two.

I saw the RHCP last August and they put on a decent show. Not mind blowing, but boy do Smith and Flea know how to rumble. So I know what they're capable of. That being said, I cannot take Flea's reasoning for miming seriously. You cannot tell me that they couldn't sound check before hand, then have all their equipment set up with the stage in the 10 minutes between the 2nd Quarter and the show. This the Superbowl for christ's sake, there's practically money leaking on to the field. How is there no way to get a proper sound?

You know, why can't they just get Prince to do every half time show. He's by far been the best in recent memory.

Well, being the Super Bowl, perhaps there is reason to mime, not that it's the way to do it.

Even members of Led Zeppelin have done that on occasion in their performances...well at least one time.

When Jimmy played Whole Lotta love in Beijing at the closing ceremonies in 2008 with Leona Lewis his guitar part was prerecorded. Not his style, but it's just one of those things unfortunately! He still looked so cool!!

Archived