The Pros and Cons of A Zep Reunion Tour

Well, I'm sure everyone here has heard the rumors of a Zep tour so I am listing some Pros and Cons of the idea

I think it would be great, as a huge Zeppelin fan, that we get a reunion tour. We would be able to hear more live music (no matter what the cost $$$) and the guys will probably get more fans, not to mention making more money.

But in having a Zeppelin tour, the O2 Show would lose its importance: A special one-off Led Zeppelin show in aid for Ahmet. If the band goes on tour and a show like the O2 performance happens everyday, there would be no point. Again, I have NOTHING against a Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour, I'd love to see them back in the limelight and still kickin after all these years, I just dont know....

But what ever the guys do is fine by me. If they don't go on tour, I'll still be able to blast the reunion show on my iPod. If they do tour, awesome. The band would get more money and they would enjoy themselves while we, the fans, watch with our jaws dropped.

What are your opinions? What are the Pros and Cons of a Zeppelin Reunion tour? Should they go on tour? What do you think?

But in having a Zeppelin tour, the O2 Show would lose its importance: A special one-off Led Zeppelin show in aid for Ahmet. If the band goes on tour and a show like the O2 performance happens everyday, there would be no point.

Nobody thinks the O2 show was special because it was a benefit to Ahmet, it's because Zep reunited and tore the roof off the place. When it's being mentioned on the radio and TV Zep's performance is the reason why not Ahmet, no offense or disrespect to Ahmet.

I have to agree with the fact that people dont give a shit about the tribute and just wanted to see the band... But if they tour is wouldnt take away its imporance of the O2 show because it was still the first gig they played together in years and Calling it a zeppelin gig not a PnP gig. A ZEPPELIN one. and that myfriend is the magic. the essence that zep is bigger then any tribute... that guy coulda cured cancer still wouldnt make no diff.

Pro's : Led Zeppelin are a Moreish band. and now i've seen them once, i want to see tem again, and again, and again...

Con's : The amount of effort that went into the one gig, i fear that a full blown tour might not be so kind to the members of the band, and i wouldnt want them tarring what was the most spectacular night of my life.

I also, want to be able to say i was at the LAST EVER Zeppelin Gig. that'd be kinda special - but thats a selfish reason... much like me being able to say i screamed ROCK AND ROLL, and the band kicking into it... thus introducing the last ever song Zeppelin played Live....

but alas, no doubt they will play...

I'd much rather them play again though to be honest... but the selfish part of me, wants those claims to fame :P

I also, want to be able to say i was at the LAST EVER Zeppelin Gig. that'd be kinda special - but thats a selfish reason... much like me being able to say i screamed ROCK AND ROLL, and the band kicking into it... thus introducing the last ever song Zeppelin played Live....

but alas, no doubt they will play...

I'd much rather them play again though to be honest... but the selfish part of me, wants those claims to fame :P

Very honest post. You and me both brother...... :D

Con: if there is a tour, people will make threads about live DVDs

And there will be no tour in the normal Led Zeppelin sense. Robert doesn't want to do the whole repetition thing. He said he wouldn't mind playing every once and a while. That means no tour. Until he makes another comment, that's where it stands. Sorry.

Well, I'm sure everyone here has heard the rumors of a Zep tour so I am listing some Pros and Cons of the idea

I think it would be great, as a huge Zeppelin fan, that we get a reunion tour. We would be able to hear more live music (no matter what the cost $$$) and the guys will probably get more fans, not to mention making more money.

But in having a Zeppelin tour, the O2 Show would lose its importance: A special one-off Led Zeppelin show in aid for Ahmet. If the band goes on tour and a show like the O2 performance happens everyday, there would be no point. Again, I have NOTHING against a Led Zeppelin Reunion Tour, I'd love to see them back in the limelight and still kickin after all these years, I just dont know....

But what ever the guys do is fine by me. If they don't go on tour, I'll still be able to blast the reunion show on my iPod. If they do tour, awesome. The band would get more money and they would enjoy themselves while we, the fans, watch with our jaws dropped.

What are your opinions? What are the Pros and Cons of a Zeppelin Reunion tour? Should they go on tour? What do you think?

Nobody thinks the O2 show was special because it was a benefit to Ahmet, it's because Zep reunited and tore the roof off the place. When it's being mentioned on the radio and TV Zep's performance is the reason why not Ahmet, no offense or disrespect to Ahmet.

:) You do have a point there!

I have to agree with the fact that people dont give a shit about the tribute and just wanted to see the band... But if they tour is wouldnt take away its imporance of the O2 show because it was still the first gig they played together in years and Calling it a zeppelin gig not a PnP gig. A ZEPPELIN one. and that myfriend is the magic. the essence that zep is bigger then any tribute... that guy coulda cured cancer still wouldnt make no diff.

Unless part of the proceeds of the tour also went into the fund.

i think it would be a great thing to have a "sprinkling" of concerts just major city a total of maybe 12 festivals over the next year,,,televised for worldwide viewing.

this has been done by some who did not want (or couldn't) do the city to city thing around the world a la The Stones, Eagles, etc.

but the pros of the city to city grind around the world ..... all the new generations since 69 which would be a whole lotta more fans being able to witness the magic!

not ever seein them live or at the o2 concertg its only through vid clips off the tv, dvd footage etc ive " seen". To be there at a concert with that atmosphere etc would be a dream fulfilled. Albeit for my own selfish reasons. Whatever they decide i wish them all well.

First of all it depends what you define as a tour as I doubt that they'd go out for two years almost non stop as with the Rolling Stones (I'd love to be proved wrong). Taking the word touring meaning a full two year stint here are my views.

The pros:

They're all a lot older, its now or never. They cant put it off for another 27 years.

Lots of youngsters (including myself), as well as older fans who have been onto Zep havent had the chance of seeing them

They will make all other bands look like ants.

LED ZEPPELIN will be flying once more with the best man for the job behind the drum kit.

There is certainly a great deal of musical chemistry between all four of them, from what I've heard of the gig and they enjoyed working together, take the time tha Plant was joking with Jason and made him sing.

Plant can say that he finally did give the fans what they wanted and go and do what he wants, be it with Alison Krauss or the Strange Sensation and not be made to look like the Grinch of Led Zeppelin.

Zeppelin have never made a bad song in my opinion and all fans seem to cherish their whole back catalogue, therefore they have enough songs to make all the nights different and special in their own way and not have to play the same set EVERY night.

The cons:

Some people will expect Zeppelin as they were in their prime with 3+ hour shows, 15 minute long versions of No Quarter, 30+ minute versions of Dazed and Confused, all the songs in the original key. There have been some gripes about the length of Page's solo at the O2 for example.

Although they are likely to be playing stadiums, maybe for more than one night they will not satisfy all the demand and leave a lot of people upset and if they are touring as a 'farewell tour' then this truly would be the last time.

It seems as though Harvey "passcode" Goldsmith is promoting it, judging that venues such as the Malenium Stadium in Cardiff have said that theyve spoken to Harvey Goldsmith, whos now the band's manager. Expect ballot, passcode trouble and lack of arse from elbow knowledge as before. My opinion is however, he must have learnt from his previous mistakes.

Obviously, Led Zep cannot do a full world tour because of Plant and the possibility of vocal stress as well as everyone getting burned out and tired too quickly. I believe a select number of dates in Europe and the US after the Allison Krause tour would be a good plan. A 2008 - 2009 tour consisting of 6 Euro and 6 US dates would to me be the best for all concerned. This way Zep could serve up 12 great shows. They could try some new material out during the process. Then put out a CD and DVD with all new Zep material as well as great renditions of the past stuff. Jimmmy obviously has new song ideas so why not.

As to the O2 show, it is obvious to me now that Plant knows he must agree with the critics. It is still possible to deliver the goods. He just needs to let it happen now. For those that don't realize it by now, Plant is the key. He will make or break what hapens next. Jimmy has worked hard to get Plant's confidence in him back and O2 did that.

No matter what happens next, can there be any denying that Zep is the Greatest Rock Band ever!!!

Ummmm... Pro: Led Zeppelin LIVE

CON: No Led Zeppelin Live...

fairly obvious I think.

I dont care if they play covers of nursery rhymes with puff daddy while JPJ uses a turn table with rhine stone cowboy playing on it.

i dont think the O2 Ahmet show will ever lose its importance. Its going down in the history books. This was the first TRUE Zeppelin reunion ever. Yes, Page, Plant, Jones, and Jason have played together at the Atlantic reunion and at Jason's wedding, but this was the first time they really put on a show. This was the first reunion for Zep that was in true Zeppelin nature and form in many, many ways.

Obviously, Led Zep cannot do a full world tour because of Plant and the possibility of vocal stress as well as everyone getting burned out and tired too quickly.

Considering Robert's 2005 tour was 50+ dates and the 2006 and 2007 tours were around 20 dates each I doubt this is a valid concern. Robert's 2005 tour was longer than some Zep tours.

Personally, I would LOVE a chance to see them live...never had the opportunity in the day and I didn't win tix to the O2 however.....I don't necessarily want them to tour a la the Police or the Stones. I wouldn't mind them performing a few shows in the US, Europe and other countries then let the chips fall where they may....it would be up to them to decide whether they want to put out new material as LZ or just end it and go on with their individual projects.

Considering Robert's 2005 tour was 50+ dates and the 2006 and 2007 tours were around 20 dates each I doubt this is a valid concern. Robert's 2005 tour was longer than some Zep tours.

Plant's solo material is a lot lower intensity than a full Zep set.

i def think led zep should tour, but maybe not a long, gruelling 100 date tour. they will never satisfy deamnd. but i think they should play up to about 20 shows at big, prestigious venues such as Wembley Stadium, Madison Sq Garden etc. that will still make each show 'special'.

If keeping the O2 show 'special' is a genuine issue, then there's a simple, stark solution that would enable the band to play some more shows with that one preserved as unique in their history. It' s this...'retire' Stairway to Heaven and maybe,just maybe, one or two of Rock'n' roll, Whole Lotta love and Black Dog too. Announce it, then do it. If it's only 'Stairway..' that's never played in public again, that'll be enough to mark the O2 show out forever as special. Make some sort of break,rk it and continue as they see fit. Done.

Archived