Jimmy Page's photographic autobiography to be re-released October 2014

Cookie0024

"Nothing will ever diminish for me the memories of the manner in which I received my signed copy (#664) of the original. For those who already own an original, this edition provides a more practical format for continued reading in the years ahead. For everyone else, it provides an affordable alternative to the original. "

Thanks Steve, you put that far more eloquently than I could have.

I love my original but I'll definitely get another.

I doubt a single owner of the first run of Genesis' Jimmy Page book regrets their purchase. Ten or twenty years from now it could be worth $100,000.

No freaking way. If Page had a painting he'd done or sculpture perhaps, but a printed book? No. Even Aleister Crowley's penned items are selling short.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20922/lot/110/

So thrilled this edition is becoming available-yay! I didn't hear about the first editions until after they had long sold out...tried to purchase one on ebay at the most I could possibly afford to pay at the time and was outbid by less than $100 : ( and those editions are going for so much more now there's just no way...but this new one I can do! And if I accidently dribble some Merlot on it while reading it won't be a big deal either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to remind people you ain't getting anything remotely close to the originals, just the photos and can afford to leave it on your coffee table, as for the care and detail that went into the originals makes that book an investment and worth protecting plus Jimmy touched them all….Hehe!

haha, you're right, no one would buy it but it sure did do the rounds :) even a relative of JP put it on her Facebook, hilarious

You so remind me of a budding rock singer here in Oz, appeared here on our version of The Voice, numerous Zeppelin tribute projects….

post-11164-0-02175600-1400667207_thumb.j

good luck to him, i dont really agree with the shortcut of TV talent shows, inane viewing really, flash in the pan acts with no longevity, and who the hell are these judges? products of TV and everything that's wrong with "the business"

anyway, cant wait for this book! ill glue my pic on the back page ;)

good luck to him, i dont really agree with the shortcut of TV talent shows, inane viewing really, flash in the pan acts with no longevity, and who the hell are these judges? products of TV and everything that's wrong with "the business"

anyway, cant wait for this book! ill glue my pic on the back page ;)

So I guess you're more famous than before Henry even with that photo with Jimmy! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'd read that Jimmy was working on a book for the masses back in 2011/12. I just pre-ordered my copy for $47.00 Cdn. At that price point I do not expect the quality of the Genesis publication but I look forward to it just the same. It IS a good year for Zep fans.

Agreed 54Tangerine!

I too ordered my copy of the book as soon as I learned it was available to purchase. I regret missing out on the first offering, but am thrilled something is coming from Jimmy for the rest of his many fans!

Looking forward to October - a great Zep year indeed!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered mine through Amazon some time ago but its yet to be shipped. Yesterday, nearly two weeks before Amazon's release date and I'm looking around a bookstore in Sydney. Guess what is stacked up in front of me in all its glory.

Edited by SamDimas

Ordered mine through Amazon some time ago but its yet to be shipped. Yesterday, nearly two weeks before Amazon's release date and I'm looking around a bookstore in Sydney. Guess what is stacked up in front of me in all its glory.

Hmmm...my amazon order says Not yet Shipped and doesn't even give an estimate for the ship date. Will check local book store. Thanks for the notice, SamDimas!

Just had an email from Amazon saying it will be dispatched earlier than the previous given date: 11th October!

Seems weird, but I'm happy.

I received an email from amazon stating that they now have a delivery date for me - Oct 17-21. I think it's weird, too, since I ordered it on May 8 and it seems to already be in (some) stores. Oh well, I'll be happy to have it, either way!

I also received emails from amazon stating that my SDBS of IV and HOTH will arrive earlier than expected (Oct 27 vs Oct 28). I figure this is my consolation for having to wait on the book! :)