More Info on the future PLEASE!

Hi All, I've been looking at this website for years and am thrilled for the owners that this is now the official website as they have always represented this amazing band so well on the net. However , in the light of the recent gig at the O2 Arena and rumours of more performances, there is a severe lack of info this site regarding the future. In fact I've yet see any mention of more gigs, which I read of all them time in magazines, news papers etc. So come ledzeppelin.com, do your part at this exciting time for zep fans cos we all want a ticket for that next gig!

this may sound naive but what if there just is no info to be had at the moment? I agree, there is a sort of info vacuum post-o2 and unfortunately it just gets filled by rumours,assertions and speculation,some of which some of us are all too willing to believe. a simple official statement along the lines of"no decisions regarding touring and/or recording have been taken yet"would do,wouldn't it? "nothing to say" is slightly different to "saying nothing",after all.

this may sound naive but what if there just is no info to be had at the moment? I agree, there is a sort of info vacuum post-o2 and unfortunately it just gets filled by rumours,assertions and speculation,some of which some of us are all too willing to believe. a simple official statement along the lines of"no decisions regarding touring and/or recording have been taken yet"would do,wouldn't it? "nothing to say" is slightly different to "saying nothing",after all.

I agree here.

When you click on the "news" page the latest story is STILL about the Rolling Stone cover.

This is old news by now. (and not the only magazine in the world either)

IMO this site is lacking alot. Electric Magic was much better in many ways.

It's supposed to be the same bloke from electric magic doing it right?

But since it has become official it's kind of, well, crap really.

:mellow:

bmurkin, all there is right now is rumors. Everything you read elsewhere is speculation, rumor and innuendo.

Jimmy, Robert and JPJ have not spoken. There has been no confirmation from anyone within their camp (Curbishley or HG) on any more concerts. Anything you have read about more concerts were rumors leaked by industry people (promoters, venue managers, record execs) who WANT them to tour as much as we do to save their asses.

Again, all this has been covered ad nauseum here.

The silence from The Band is Deafening can't you all hear it, nobody officially representing the band or any members has come forward to say "NO" to all the Tour/Record rumours yet. Why you ask well thats because they are talkin about it amongst themselves still which is a good thing !!!

In the past they have always been quick with a terse "NO" to any and all requests and so far nothing. I suspect details are being worked on and we will hear something Official soon enough.

Again this is just my opinion and I know nothing official, I just have a gut feeling about it and if you've seen my gut you have to listen to it too, its huge ............ lol !!!

RjK

Here's info for you on the future of LZ after the 02 gig.

1. The 02 gig was a scheduled "one off" gig from the start.

2. Robert Plant is currently promoting/getting ready for touring in support of the highly acclaimed album Raising Sand w/ Allison Krauss

3 JPJ is getting ready to head into the studio to produce Sarah Watkins' solo project.

4. Jason Bonham is returning to his regular gig...touring w/ Foriegner.

5. Everything else is just fan/industry driven rumor/speculation/hype.

seems everybody wants to skip over the threads that actually have factual information on what Zep's members ARE doing.....and only read/create threads on what they wish they were doing. :blahblah:

My advise? Stick w/ 1-4......leave 5 alone. ;)

If someone had asked me what i would have given for Zed Zeppelin to reform for just one gig back in June 07 I would have given a load for just one gig, well thats what we got folks one fantastic reunion gig, no one promised us anything more, I totally agree with Honeydripper anything beyond what is fact is pure rumor, speculation and hype.

They have worked really hard for the 10th dec gig, maybe a lot harder than any of us will know and it paid off, if that was the very last Led Zeppelin gig then for me it was an abolute blinder.

All the best friends and happy new year to you all, I hope 08 rocks just half as much as 07 did and it will be a great year.

Andy

If someone had asked me what i would have given for Zed Zeppelin to reform for just one gig back in June 07 I would have given a load for just one gig, well thats what we got folks one fantastic reunion gig, no one promised us anything more, I totally agree with Honeydripper anything beyond what is fact is pure rumor, speculation and hype.

They have worked really hard for the 10th dec gig, maybe a lot harder than any of us will know and it paid off, if that was the very last Led Zeppelin gig then for me it was an abolute blinder.

All the best friends and happy new year to you all, I hope 08 rocks just half as much as 07 did and it will be a great year.

Andy

There is no future.

Spent the afternoon listening to Planet Rock yesterday and there saying it all booked and awaitng the nod from Robert. We can but only wait and see !!!!!!!!!!

Can you really imagine it?:

'Robert, guess what we're doing? A coast to coast US tour; all the venues have been booked, all the tickets sold, all the t-shirts printed. I don't want to put any pressure on you but....will you do it? Please? Awww, go on! You know you want to!'

2. Robert Plant is currently promoting/getting ready for touring in support of the highly acclaimed album Raising Sand w/ Allison Krauss

3 JPJ is getting ready to head into the studio to produce Sarah Watkins' solo project.

seems everybody wants to skip over the threads that actually have factual information on what Zep's members ARE doing.....and only read/create threads on what they wish they were doing. :blahblah:

I couldn't agree more. Personally I'm really looking forward to the Raising Sand tour. If we get any Zeppelin dates then great, but I'll not hold my breath.

Spent the afternoon listening to Planet Rock yesterday and there saying it all booked and awaitng the nod from Robert. We can but only wait and see !!!!!!!!!!

someone should inform the folks at Planet Rock...who obviously are just another pawn in the scheme of all these unsubstatiated rumors......that there are indeed tour dates booked......just not for Led Zeppelin.

Let's get the speculation train back to station and let's stick to the facts folks. Here's the OFFICIAL website of Robert Plant and Allison Krauss....complete with REAL tour dates booked....with many many more to come!!!

http://www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com/site.php?content=tour

still need more proof??? :whistling:

and here is Foriegner's official website ...complete with tour dates (w/ Jason)

http://www.foreigneronline.com/

and on to the talented Sarah Watkins....here's her myspace page...check her blog section on the center right of the page. about A Full House- Zep ...and the reviewing of the last two shows.

http://myspace.com/sarawatkinssolo

6. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page both said a new album and tour is a possibility.

Ok. First, i will believe that they are touring only when i'll be seated in the audience with them on the stage, but, an extremely serious source, said me that a big promoter in Italy is negotiating a date in Milan next summer. Let's cross fingers....... And happy New Year to everybody ....

Don't worry dear electrophile,i'm sure lot of ppl will be able to live happily without a Zep concert. Ppl here reports only rumours, some of them serious others less. We all just hope, i suppose you too, to be able to see them again. If will happen...good, if not....no prob.

6. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page both said a new album and tour is a possibility.
show me a quote where Robert has said anything more than "anything is a possibility".

I know Page was dropping hints (he's as guilty of starting rumors as the tabloids)...saying "well I do have material ready....and I don't nessecarily have to save it for my solo career". Well to that my first reaction was....what solo career???? Zep's total career was shorter than the time off he's had between projects. Fact is, Jimmt needs Robert...Robert does'nt need Jimmy. And for Jimmy to push a nostalgia act on the eve of Roberts biggest solo success is just plain wrong!!

Sure I want to see a Zep reunion gig near me.....but I'm not buying one single rumor....and I certainly would'nt expect anything to come in the next year....if not more....if at all. I'm perfectly content with the 02 being Zep's "Rooftop show" ;)

Archived