What's the weather like where you are?

madison

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Hot and humid morning - nothing new.

Hope @ebk is doing alright! Nasty weather in her area....

Thanks for thinking of me!  It rained a lot here overnight and this morning, but not too windy.  And by noon, it had all blown out and the sun was shining.  And now, hot and humid again!  A weird storm.  Fortunately, we got the new a/c on Friday, so the house is cool again.  Yay!

Hope you're all doing well!!

5 minutes ago, ebk said:

Thanks for thinking of me!  It rained a lot here overnight and this morning, but not too windy.  And by noon, it had all blown out and the sun was shining.  And now, hot and humid again!  A weird storm.  Fortunately, we got the new a/c on Friday, so the house is cool again.  Yay!

Hope you're all doing well!!

Perfect and yes, we are. 😘

Swelteringly hot. 32 degrees and has been for a week. Yes I love the sunshine but 32 and 90% humidity - no thanks. @Walter Unlike you my friend, we have no air con and we had the most amazing tropical storm last night which was like a rave at 1 am. It is building again this afternoon for another light show tonight. 

Appalling. 30 degrees C, massive humidity, no breeze. You can feel the mugginess all around you like lukewarm piss (er, I imagine!).
Only on Monday, the useless Met. Office promised four days of unceasing siling rain and thunderstorms. We had a storm for an hour at 3.00 a.m. this  morning, that's it.
They just make this stuff up.

4 minutes ago, JTM said:

Hot and sticky, two/three showers a day weather.

Thankfully we live in an old stone cottage . We have Plantation shutters and I forgot to close them and the window in our bedroom yesterday. It was like a kiln last night. Fortunately all closed today and the bedroom is as cool as a salad vegetable. Just been out in the garden and was thinking of mowing the lawn. No chance. A south facing garden is no joy in this heat. Gonna make a hot and spicy Butter Chicken for dinner. Coupled with a cold beer , a fat bifta of Blue Cheese, I could be in India.:veryhot:

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thankfully we live in an old stone cottage . We have Plantation shutters and I forgot to close them and the window in our bedroom yesterday. It was like a kiln last night. Fortunately all closed today and the bedroom is as cool as a salad vegetable. Just been out in the garden and was thinking of mowing the lawn. No chance. A south facing garden is no joy in this heat. Gonna make a hot and spicy Butter Chicken for dinner. Coupled with a cold beer , a fat bifta of Blue Cheese, I could be in India.:veryhot:

My  house, a 1980 built Wimpey box has a  North Westerly facing front living room so in hot weather it can be fairly cool and comfortable. Interesting that you use the term "Bifta", around these parts a "Bifta" is a normal cigarette. Joint, Spliff maybe Doobie is what you'll here up here.

25 minutes ago, JTM said:

My  house, a 1980 built Wimpey box has a  North Westerly facing front living room so in hot weather it can be fairly cool and comfortable. Interesting that you use the term "Bifta", around these parts a "Bifta" is a normal cigarette. Joint, Spliff maybe Doobie is what you'll here up here.

eeemmmm interesting. Doobie of course or a number. Hate the word Spliff. Joint is perfectly acceptable. Whichever we use, I will be having one with a cold one after my shower. Still too hot outside

6 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

eeemmmm interesting. Doobie of course or a number. Hate the word Spliff. Joint is perfectly acceptable. Whichever we use, I will be having one with a cold one after my shower. Still too hot outside

I'm jealous (slightly), I ran out last night, "Waiting on the Man". Got the Nicorette spray out to stem the nicotine craving, f'ked if I'm rolling a straight.

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Swelteringly hot. 32 degrees and has been for a week. Yes I love the sunshine but 32 and 90% humidity - no thanks. @Walter Unlike you my friend, we have no air con and we had the most amazing tropical storm last night which was like a rave at 1 am. It is building again this afternoon for another light show tonight. 

Sorry to hear that brotha. No a/c in times like that really sucks! That storm barely grazed us - but seems to be doing a number on everyone else. I was in my buddies insurance office the day it hit NYC. Knocked out the power immediately up at that office so everyone was calling down here for claim info - they were losing their f’in minds! 

Another day of hot, hot, hot....the months with an “r” will be here soon and then some relief. Putting in a pool this fall so it’ll be ready for next spring! :suntan: