What's the weather like where you are?

madison

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Baking yesterday at 30c. Hotter today at 33c. Weekend? Shite 18c and rain. Welcome to the summer in the UK

I'll swap ya. Nights here are now down to 4 or 5c. Screw that! At least the arvo's are still warm when in the sun.

Vile - 30C, FFS. Clothes literally soaked through with sweat, eyes blathered up with sweat running down me face, gagging for breath cos of the heat an a bastd headache from screwing my eyes up against the glare. WTF is good about any of that? You can shove summer - roll on October...   

Cold. Our seasons have changed dramatically in the last few years. We had the wettest Winter, the driest Spring and after the 3 days of heat the other week, it has been like Autumn. Non stop wind, cloud and rain. I even lit the fire the other evening and it's non too warm outside.

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Seriously, when are you guys going to adopt celcius. Water freezes at zero and boils at 100. So damn easy!!!! 😝

Completely agree. Metric system is so much easier to use and makes much better sense. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Completely agree. Metric system is so much easier to use and makes much better sense. 

For me, although I think metric is better for most things, it's not as good for the temperature range in which humans live. I saw a humorous post a while ago that illustrates the point, but can't find it so I'll paraphrase:

Celsius:

0 - Chilly

25 - Nice

50 - Dead

75 - Really Dead

100 - Really, Really Dead

Fahrenheit:

0 - Too cold to snow

25 - Snowing

50 - At least it's not snowing 

75 - Time to put the snow shovel away

100 - I wish it was snowing

Edited by SteveZ98

The skies opened up and the rains poured down. Completely unexpected and desperately needed, what a great storm. Me and the wife were sitting outside on the patio at Josephine's Restaurant right around 1pm (practicing proper social distancing of course) when the sky broke open, absolutely glorious! We walked around a few miles enjoying the rain. Temp was a cool 61 degrees. Just love days like today.