What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Another appalling week of (summer) weather slips away. It's been cold and grey and often wet. I have never, ever known a summer as bad as this. We have sat out, in the evening, only once this summer and apparently tomorrow will be just OK but with a risk of a frost and Sunday will be like November. What is happening? Whilst most of Europe has the sun, we on the other hand have permanent cloud and absolutely no sign of the sun. :depressed:

Fucking 'orrible. In fact yesterday and today would merit not a bad day for January. Non stop rain and drizzle and a leaden sky to boot. This is the summer that never was. Worse still the sooth Sayers, who are usually wrong ( I hope) have said that no warm or dry weather in the foreseeable future.

I almost put the heating on yesterday and fired up the woodburner IT WAS THAT BAD

• 2 weeks later...

Another very poor summers day. Started OK but the rain clouds are looming once again. The worst summer I can remember ever. It has been cloudy cool and wet for nearly all of June July and August. Worryingly, I have a big finals golf day on Sunday and the forecast is for " a potentially disruptive storm system" which will bring heavy rain and strong winds all day.

• 1 month later...

Even though it is hot and humid today, the weather in Central Florida is getting better.  A front moving through should have the temps in low to mid 80's for a high and mid 60's for a low beginning Sunday night.   Finally my a/c will be getting a break for the first time since May!  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

We just got pelted with rain here in the Glendale/Phoenix area, started as hail, and then quickly started pouring unlike anything I can remember recently, the power went off very quickly. It's gone now and the power is back on.

• 4 weeks later...