What's the weather like where you are?

madison

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Same here in upstate NY.  Hey Esther, I will be at the Baltimore International Airport on August 4th en route to Vegas.  If you are in the area stop in for a drink.  I think around noonish?  I have to check.  Two hours in Baltimore.  Wish I had time to visit the harbor again.  I really had a blast there.  And at that restaurant.  i look forward to trying the beer out west.  I want to see if the Coors out there is like it was in the old days?  I mean, better out there than the crap they send us?

If you were flying through Dulles, I'd come say hi. But since I work in The 7th Circle of Hell (aka Tysons Corner), I won't be able to meet you on a Tuesday afternoon.  Besides, since you're through security and I can't get through security, we really couldn't do much other than wave over the line... 

No sun here. Even worse than yesterday. Thoroughly wet and dark. I am supposed to play golf today - no fucking chance. It has been raining since 8.00am and it is only going to get heavier and throw in a gale to boot. Forecast for the next few weeks? Same 

11 hours ago, ebk said:

If you were flying through Dulles, I'd come say hi. But since I work in The 7th Circle of Hell (aka Tysons Corner), I won't be able to meet you on a Tuesday afternoon.  Besides, since you're through security and I can't get through security, we really couldn't do much other than wave over the line... 

Ah yes   I forgot about security.  Quite the hassle.  And its a Thurs, at least I hope  Two days in Vegas  I hope I get a good car.  There is a sports book and poker rooms right at my hotel.  Yikes.   Anyway, I hope to come back to Baltimore one of these years.  For sure

Hot with a nice breeze... Chilling at the pool listening to a little 70's play list...Donna Summer's Bad Girls is flowing through my ear buds currently.... Oh wait.. Just cross-faded into Taste of Honey's Boggie Oggie Oggie. ;)

2016-07-11-18-44-29.png

Btw, June was the hottest in Orlando, ever, not by .5 degrees, not by 1degree, not by 1.5 degrees, not by 2 degrees, not by 2.5 degrees, not be 3 degrees, not by 3.25 degrees - but by 3.3 degrees F!  What an unbelievable jump in all-time averages for a month that's very predictable.  I fear July will be the same.  I've never felt consistently, extremely hot temperatures here as this summer.  Over 105 heat index everyday with, no relief.  We're used to hot and humid, but this is unprecedented.

On 7/8/2016 at 9:34 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

i look forward to trying the beer out west.  I want to see if the Coors out there is like it was in the old days?  I mean, better out there than the crap they send us?

Good grief, man. All the great beer out here and you want to drink Coors? :rolleyes: 

I am not taking you to a pub just so you can order a Coors. They are just as piss-watery here as they are back east.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Good grief, man. All the great beer out here and you want to drink Coors? :rolleyes: 

I am not taking you to a pub just so you can order a Coors. They are just as piss-watery here as they are back east.

Thank you.  Someone had to say it... :)

Weather here - hot and humid.  And did I mention humid?  

Looking forward to San Francisco next week where the high will be in the 60s.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Its from Colorado.  I am sure somewhere in Colorado they have some special reserve of the old stuff that had no preservatives.  It was great back then until they ruined it.  It does suck now.  But they had the stuff without the preservatives then.  And now I am sure in Colorado a few with connections can get the old stuff.  It was a great beer then.  So what is good now out there?  Certainly not Sierra Nevada? I cant stand the Pale Ale.  Its too bitter.  If i want bitter I will go with Becks.

^^^God no...not Sierra Nevada. Not Becks. Not any of that corporate swill. Trust Uncle Strider...I will take you out of your beer purgatory. I can also take you to an awesome Tiki bar where we can get hammered on Zombies and Mai Tais.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^God no...not Sierra Nevada. Not Becks. Not any of that corporate swill. Trust Uncle Strider...I will take you out of your beer purgatory. I can also take you to an awesome Tiki bar where we can get hammered on Zombies and Mai Tais.

Damn.  I wish I could be there to witness that! :D 

18 hours ago, Strider said:

Thanks but I am not into those girlie drinks.  I am not into Becks any more.  But its ok on tap.  I do not understand this craze for IPA beer?  And I know, we are not on the Bier thread.  Someone needs to resurrect it.  I tell you the old Coors from Co was great.  It was far different.  No preservatives.  Just like when we had the old Gennesse Brewery here.  Named for the river that runs through here in Rochester, supposedly one of only two in the world that run North.   The other is the Nile

There is a weird look to outside. The sky is a blue colour and there is a soft light in the sky. There will be many children who may have never witnessed such an event. Folk are staring and pointing - and shorts are being worn. 32 degrees C not F. Pity it is only going to last one day, but hey small mercies?