What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Hoping for the best to you, Walter, and to others on the forum affected by Hurricane Matthew.  Coming from a hurricane prone area, I know all you can do is prepare as well as possible, get the heck out of there if needed, and then just wait it out.  The first responders and utility workers will be there quickly to restore what is able to be restored, and then the clean up begins.  You have likely been through all of this many times before, but it doesn't make it less traumatic, you just learn each time how to be a little more prepared.  

Let us know how you fare.

p.s. I hate to even say this, but did I hear that the storm may circle back for round 2?  Geesh.  Stay hunkered down. 

45 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Hoping for the best to you, Walter, and to others on the forum affected by Hurricane Matthew.  Coming from a hurricane prone area, I know all you can do is prepare as well as possible, get the heck out of there if needed, and then just wait it out.  The first responders and utility workers will be there quickly to restore what is able to be restored, and then the clean up begins.  You have likely been through all of this many times before, but it doesn't make it less traumatic, you just learn each time how to be a little more prepared.  

Let us know how you fare.

p.s. I hate to even say this, but did I hear that the storm may circle back for round 2?  Geesh.  Stay hunkered down. 

Yes, we're well versed on the storm protocol.  We're about 60 miles from the east coast, so we're still hoping for an off the coast storm.  It will be Hell at the coast, for many hours.   As far as circling around, not even thinking that far ahead....   I'll be checking in from time to time - at various states of inebriation. ? ? ?

Yes, thank you to all.  Junior and Mrs W are asleep on the couch while I watch the football game and empty water from the pool.  The rain has been intense, but the high winds won't be until the early morning hours.  

Paul, I worry more for you my friend.  I hope you aren't too close to the water up there.  That's the bad place to be for this storm.  They're calling for 120-130 mph winds at the coast in Volusia and Flagler counties.  Jacksonville is just north of that.  

Thanks again everyone, I have a feeling I'll be up most of the night tonight....

5 hours ago, ebk said:

Take care of yourselves Walter.  And you too paul.  And anyone else in the area.

I want to send my same sentiments to both you Walter and Paul and anyone else on this Forum that may be in the path of this seemingly destructive storm.  I cannot fathom what it would be like it if this Hurricane Matthew is as powerful and destructive as the media is projecting that it may be. 

Be prepared and stay safe...

3 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I want to send my same sentiments to both you Walter and Paul and anyone else on this Forum that may be in the path of this seemingly destructive storm.  I cannot fathom what it would be like it if this Hurricane Matthew is as powerful and destructive as the media is projecting that it may be. 

Be prepared and stay safe...

Luckily for us (so far) it has stayed off the coast.  Here is my current radar:

With that said, the coastline is getting wrecked as it looks.  Hope Paul is inland as well!

image.jpg

Edited by Walter

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Luckily for us (so far) it has stayed off the coast.  Here is my current radar:

With that said, the coastline is getting wrecked as it looks.  Hope Paul is inland as well!

image.jpg

I heard 600,000 have lost power?  Not sure where.  Disney World is closed!!!  It takes an act of God to shut down Disney.

Yeah, yesterday was only the 4th time in history they closed early.  We have a county wide curfew until tomorrow.  Our power is still going, thankfully!  It is extremely humid.  Lots of tree debris.  Sunday is supposed to be very nice.

We're good, Paul!  Glad to hear you are!  Eye is just south of you....be safe my friend.

We've started drinking to celebrate the end of it - with really no damage at all.  I worked on the fence for two hours yesterday to make sure that sucker didn't fall and it didn't move much at all.  The dog isn't sure what to think of this....he was trying to take a dump earlier and a blade of grass blowing quickly made him jump a foot! ?  Then he was walking back in and a gust of wind about lifted his arse off the ground! :hysterical:  He's a whole 6.5 lbs of fury!

Walter and Paul, it sounds like you fared pretty well in Hurricane Matthew.  Hoping everything is well on its way to normal.  Thank goodness! :) 

Strider, such a lovely pic, I love a pink and purple sunset...and those trees! ❤️

We are enjoying the best weather month on the Mississippi gulf coast.  This morning is a sunny and crisp 68°F.  

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Walter and Paul, it sounds like you fared pretty well in Hurricane Matthew.  Hoping everything is well on its way to normal.  Thank goodness! :) 

Strider, such a lovely pic, I love a pink and purple sunset...and those trees! ❤️

We are enjoying the best weather month on the Mississippi gulf coast.  This morning is a sunny and crisp 68°F.  

image.jpeg

Thanks Dd!  We definitely dodged a bullet.  50 miles to the west and we'd been in trouble.  Central Floridas coast is a mess.  Crazy pictures.  People are only being allowed out there if they can prove they in fact live there.

We are having a spectacular day today also!  Finally fall is here!  Junior and I drove into downtown with the top down in the Camaro this morning.  Glad you're having terrific weather also!  Thank you for the well wishes! ✌?️

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Thanks Dd!  We definitely dodged a bullet.  50 miles to the west and we'd been in trouble.  Central Floridas coast is a mess.  Crazy pictures.  People are only being allowed out there if they can prove they in fact live there.

We are having a spectacular day today also!  Finally fall is here!  Junior and I drove into downtown with the top down in the Camaro this morning.  Glad you're having terrific weather also!  Thank you for the well wishes! ✌?️

You bet! Yeah, I've seen pics of the flooding and know several folks who have traveled to Georgia to help with restoration. That was one massive storm! 

Perfect weather for riding with the top down!! Enjoy!!

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Here's more of those trees you like, Dd...in the early morning sunshine.

20161010_072727.jpg

Yes, that is an awesome view!! :) 

• 3 weeks later...