What's the weather like where you are?

madison

First time in weeks I haven't woken up to fresh snow on the streets.  Supposed to get a rain/snow mixture this afternoon here in Colorado and then a hint of that global warming this weekend with highs in the low 60's and sunshine!  Woo hoo!

Rain, sun, rain, sun. Rinse and repeat. Not too humid though as temps are maxing out at 30c or just below. The 3 violent storms this season all missed us by literally only a klm or two. So we've been lucky there.

But my word, how the gardens and lawns grow!!

Our snow storm this weekend is now being called an historic storm. Snow forecasts now have us getting 32 INCHES of snow over Saturday and Sunday!  We had the same thing back in 2006, and that caused roofs to collapse!

And have you ever tried shoveling your driveway when the piles of snow on either side are already 6 foot high from the earlier shoveling?

The Denver NBC affiliate has us getting 12.6 inches of snow through Sunday night.

The Denver FOX affiliate has us getting 12 to 32 inches by Sunday night. These are the same experts that predict that the earth's temperature will rise 2 degrees 50 years from now due to global warming...oops, climate change! 

High temps through next Wednesday in the low 30's so that snow ain't goin' anywhere either!

Getting snow, temp around 28 f. Where I live we used to get, every winter, a shit-ton of snow, was like that up until 2007 and then it started warming up and drying up. Now instead of snow, snow, snow from November to April we get two large (2-3') snow events between December and February and a few small events (1-6") and then nothing after mid-March.

Yep, that global warming MUST be a hoax! They are soooooo good at pulling the wool over our eyes that they somehow have caused a drought in the SW which has not happened for over 800 years plus the hottest years on record consistently since 2014.

Yep, just a hoax, nothing to see hear, move along :3stooges:

We are still getting cool weather in the Phoenix area and I'm enjoying it as It's normally usually hot by now this time of year. It's sprinkling outside right now and supposed to rain tomorrow as well.

14 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

We are still getting cool weather in the Phoenix area and I'm enjoying it as It's normally usually hot by now this time of year. It's sprinkling outside right now and supposed to rain tomorrow as well.

Hey there my friend, a little moisture is always a good thing in the Valley. We got about a foot of snow so far with more on the way. I almost popped a nut shoveling. Jesus Christ!

On 3/12/2021 at 5:56 PM, BobDobbs said:

Hey there my friend, a little moisture is always a good thing in the Valley. We got about a foot of snow so far with more on the way. I almost popped a nut shoveling. Jesus Christ!

That's a rare thing around where I live, last time I had to shovel snow was winter 2012/13.

Edited by JTM

On 3/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, BobDobbs said:

Oh yeah, we'll take any rain we can get. I'm loving that the temperatures are still cool. Enjoy the cool while it lasts!

We got SLAMMED over the weekend.  Denver got 27 inches but I measured 32 inches of heavy white snow by Monday morning.  Half my trees are split because of the weight of the snow on branches.  A plow made one path through our street this morning at 0150 hours - and basically just pushed the snow from the middle of the street to the side leaving the piles where I had already cleared the driveway and sidewalk.  Had to shovel 4 times.  Denver airport closed for 24 hours. Sunday had sustained winds of 35 mph and gusts to 50!

This was the 4th largest snowstorm in Colorado history.

PLEASE increase your carbon footprint like Al Gore so we can get that global warming thing started!

RAIN. Most of last week, all of this week, and forecast for the next 7 days. Inland is flooding, thankfully not around Brisbane.

Night temps are still low 20's which is nice, but days are only a few degrees above the lows. I miss summer already!

@Stryder1978. Lovely snaps my friend. Thankfully we don't get anything like that.

Lovely day today. We had a cracking forest walk today in The Peaks. About 5 miles and it was wonderful to smell the Spring air. Loads of walkers and cyclists about. This evening,  a few glasses of Red, a good joint and a Chicken Curry.:suntan:

7 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

That's beautiful Stryder1978.

Thanks, but not so beautiful when you have to shovel it!  It was heavy, wet snow and each shovel full weighed about 12 pounds!  Add to the fact that the piles got so high you had to walk the shovel full over to an un-piled area, damn I was sore by noon on Monday!

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@Stryder1978. Lovely snaps my friend. Thankfully we don't get anything like that.

Lovely day today. We had a cracking forest walk today in The Peaks. About 5 miles and it was wonderful to smell the Spring air. Loads of walkers and cyclists about. This evening,  a few glasses of Red, a good joint and a Chicken Curry.:suntan:

Thank you chillumpuffer!  I'm soooooo jealous of you right now!