What's the weather like where you are?

madison

17 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thanks, but not so beautiful when you have to shovel it!  It was heavy, wet snow and each shovel full weighed about 12 pounds!  Add to the fact that the piles got so high you had to walk the shovel full over to an un-piled area, damn I was sore by noon on Monday!

Well, on the bright side you got a fabulous workout.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thanks, but not so beautiful when you have to shovel it!  It was heavy, wet snow and each shovel full weighed about 12 pounds!  Add to the fact that the piles got so high you had to walk the shovel full over to an un-piled area, damn I was sore by noon on Monday!

Just saying they were nice photos.

13 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Just saying they were nice photos.

Thank you...very kind of you to say!  It was horrible to go through though.  The city didn't even run a plow through our street till Tuesday morning at 0150AM!!   And even then, it was only one swath so if cars are coming from opposite directions, one of them is screwed.  I also lost 4 HUGE tree branches due to the heavy snow (each over 20 feet long) and so when/if the snow melts enough, I have that work to do too!

To make matters worse, next week we can expect rain/snow from Sunday night through Wed morning and temps at 15 to 20 degrees below normal!

And people wonder why I can't wait for that global warming to kick in.......

39 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thank you...very kind of you to say!  It was horrible to go through though.  The city didn't even run a plow through our street till Tuesday morning at 0150AM!!   And even then, it was only one swath so if cars are coming from opposite directions, one of them is screwed.  I also lost 4 HUGE tree branches due to the heavy snow (each over 20 feet long) and so when/if the snow melts enough, I have that work to do too!

To make matters worse, next week we can expect rain/snow from Sunday night through Wed morning and temps at 15 to 20 degrees below normal!

And people wonder why I can't wait for that global warming to kick in.......

I feel you Stryder, I remember back in the 90's I forget exactly what year in the 90's it was, but I still remember the month and day April 20th we got a blizzard here in Jersey where they had to shutdown the major highways, the Turnpike and Garden State Parkway and I was traveling on the Parkway when they made the decision to shut it down, it was hell getting home and my heart was in my hands, we are talking a blizzard in spring, cars were buried you couldn't even see them, Unbelievable.

We got lucky last night.  It snowed for six hours, but the streets and sidewalks were warm enough that only a trace accumulated.  We have two more chances for snow this week.  

Spent the weekend shoveling and cutting broken tree/ tree branches from last weekend's storm.

20210319_102853.jpg

20210320_111807.jpg

Non stop rain for 3 days. Just got another alert (sms) that this arvo thunderstorms are expected. The front and back yards are flooded, the carport has rivulettes running through it. Drainage is struggling to cope, and all the doors are hard to close for being swollen by the moisture.

....and it continues...

It's absolutely vile, here. It's March. It should be cloudy, cold and raining. But no, the sun's out in a bright blue, cloudless sky.
It's 20 degrees and threatening to be higher tomorrow. WTF?!
Every asshole in a five-minute radius is out in their garden making a goddamned racket and I'm sat in with the windows shut and a killing tension headache from listening to em. October can't come soon enough.