What's the weather like where you are?

madison

34 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

In the morning here and I am able to have all the windows and doors wide open and the air is nice, I very much enjoy the fresh air while having breakfast, but it starts getting warm fast and I'll close the doors and windows and turn on the air conditioner soon enough.

In the morning I HAVE to have all the windows and doors closed. Due to the incessant cold and rain. As the cold gets worse I turn on the heating soon enough ;) Wanna swap?

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

In the morning I HAVE to have all the windows and doors closed. Due to the incessant cold and rain. As the cold gets worse I turn on the heating soon enough ;) Wanna swap?

A friend of mine in Germany emailed me today and asked me if I wanted to trade weather also, said it hasn't been as cold there in thirty years.

7am it was glorious, cloud free and bright sunshine, 8.30am the same, 9am the black clouds are rolling in,. looks like rain, again. The temperature has dropped too, think I'll put a jumper on grrrrr.

It rained all day yesterday...which then turned into snow about 1500 hours.  Snowed all night and I woke up to 3 inches of snow on the back deck and yard.  It is now officially in the Top 5 longest winter seasons (first snow event in Sept) in Colorado history.

Thank God the streets were just wet as the temp only dropped down to 33 degrees last night!

We expect a rain/snow mix all day today and a high temp of just 41 degrees.

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Same as @JTM. Glorious this morning. On went the Golf attire. By 9 o'clock it was off. Still warmish but I can see the impending clouds coming over the hill. Another shite summer me thinks? 

The rain has just been lashing it down, thunder and lightning too, spring my arse it's more like late autumn. 

On 9/7/2020 at 7:57 AM, kipper said:

I know a guy who is roofing contractor and according to him you don't want some fly by night company coming out and installing solar panels on your roof. They'll damage your roof, create leaks, and if you need to maintain your roof you have the damn solar panels in the way.

He recommends only putting solar panels on outbuildings, patio covers, or garages that aren't attached to your house. If new construction then that is different. He says they engineer the area where the solar panels will go so as to not be a problem with future roof maintenance.   What is the point of saving a few bucks on electricity and spend thousands on water or ice damage due to shoddy solar panel installation.  Out here in California those solar panel companies all offer "lifetime guarantees" on their work.... then they go out of business in 6 months faster than a mattress store like which can give you queen rv mattresses in a strip mall.

Mountain lions are beautiful and NASTY creatures.  We have plenty around here, they love to eat people's dogs, but have attacked several hikers and mountain bikers too.

I have no problem with drilling for oil. Here in SoCal 100 years ago the entire landscape was covered in oil wells. California was a major oil producer long before Texas or the middle east.  We had a gold rush here in 1849 that put us on the map and made us a state, but it was the oil boom that really made southern California and especially Los Angeles a boom town.  There are still some wells here in areas, and still some refineries that the state hasn't shut down. Lots of good jobs in that industry, a great part of our tax base.  And where there used to be old wells along the beach area, there are now 10 million dollar homes. Seem the planet isn't offended by oil production. The planet made oil--- it is one it's children.  Too me oil wells are beautiful. It is the windmills I hate. Those things kill more birds than oil wells kill other wildlife.

take care

Leave the things on its own and leave Alaska the hell alone. Bad enough how the Gulf of Mexico look.

20 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Oh my God....I will remember you guys in my prayers!

Don't worry man, we're use to it.

Climate change has royally fucked the weather in the UK up immeasurably. When I was growing up summers were long and warm, winters cold and snowy. My early years we would be in the garden or out and about in the summertime.

Now it's grey and wet all year. Never too cold though which is only a small blessing. As I always say the ONLY difference between the seasons is that in the summer you can enjoy the grey for longer as the (sun) sets later. 

On 5/17/2021 at 3:57 AM, redrum said:

Gorgeous here in the mid 70's. 

Secluded Equestrian Property on Nearly Ten Acres in Enumclaw, WA | Enumclaw,  King County, Washington | HorseProperties.net

Absolutely beautiful redrum, lovely and green. Is that a drone showing your neck of the woods?

Here is pleasant when the sun is out, but mornings, nights, and when it's overcast = COLD. Freakin COOOOLD. Thank fuck the winter here is relatively short.