What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Chilly but not freezing and finally raining. Fall and winter in Northern CA is my fav time of year. It's typically very dry out here, and in the summer it can get a bit hot (110 and up on some days here in Sac). You get used to it, but still - f all that, I like it cooler. If it was 55 all year round, I'd be good with it.

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

@rm2551

When I say cold it's not numbing cold. We don't get that cold in the UK. It's about 3-5c. Average is 8-10c and Christmas will be mild at 13c.  To be honest I would rather it be cold so you can wrap up and set the fire than intense heat where you can't sleep and have to have AC.

The older I get Chilli, the more I am coming around to that. Summer is a younger mans game. But I have always hated the cold. Anything below 15 and I long for summer. Nowadays, in Bris Vegas, it's not too bad, winters are really short and the summer heat is usually broken up by crazy storms to cool everything down for the night.

But I'm still in the summer camp. Can't beat the beach, which was 25c water temp last Sunday with a lovely 3-4ft swell. Practically PERFECT.

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The older I get Chilli, the more I am coming around to that. Summer is a younger mans game. But I have always hated the cold. Anything below 15 and I long for summer. Nowadays, in Bris Vegas, it's not too bad, winters are really short and the summer heat is usually broken up by crazy storms to cool everything down for the night.

But I'm still in the summer camp. Can't beat the beach, which was 25c water temp last Sunday with a lovely 3-4ft swell. Practically PERFECT.

As I live in The Hills in North (ish) England, the beach is something we only visit on holidays. It's too far away for a days trip. I don't mind the beach. I lived on one of the most beautiful Thai Island beaches on and off for 3 years so I know the beach. Trouble with this country is, a hot weekend and the lemmings head for the beach. I don't particularly like people. They get right on my nerves (most of the time). So we tend to give beaches in the summer a wide berth.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:28 PM, chillumpuffer said:

As I live in The Hills in North (ish) England, the beach is something we only visit on holidays. It's too far away for a days trip. I don't mind the beach. I lived on one of the most beautiful Thai Island beaches on and off for 3 years so I know the beach. Trouble with this country is, a hot weekend and the lemmings head for the beach. I don't particularly like people. They get right on my nerves (most of the time). So we tend to give beaches in the summer a wide berth.

I'm with you, people are the worst. It's a good 1.5hrs to the beach for us, but worth every klm as it is one of the best spots in AU and no crowds.

The smallest of storms yesterday, and back to hella-heat and humidity today. Still, the garden is in full grow mode. Tomorrow (Christmas day) is 90% chance of rain. Wet, hot Christmas.