(partial) Minneapolis 75 SB liberated ?

duckman

The site says it contains the following. Based on the fact they are only asking US$38 for it, this doesn't seem like anything earth shattering:

superb sundboard
1CD
set list)
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
Kashmir
The Wanton Song(cut)
out takes)
The Wanton Song
The Wanton Song
The Wanton Song

37 minutes ago, Strider said:

How do we know it is Minneapolis? I remember EVSD trying to pass off 1977 MSG for June 22 '77 or vice versa.

The snippet that was teased earlier this year sounded legit.  But this thing here?  Yeah, who knows, I'm skeptical. 

So, I wonder if someone got the whole tape, and they're fucking with fans...or they only got these 4 songs. Another "teaser" ...why is Wanton partial??!! Tiresome . 

Here's pics. This guy is asking $78! 

Screenshot_20200813-061246_Gmail.thumb.jpg.986c9fa4dcfc744317d60ecb57be13b1.jpg

Screenshot_20200813-061229_Gmail.jpg

Edited by porgie66

• Administrators
1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

So, I wonder if someone got the whole tape, and they're fucking with fans...or they only got these 4 songs. Another "teaser" ...why is Wanton partial??!! Tiresome . 

Wanton Song on that original soundboard source is incomplete, only about half. 

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

Wanton Song on that original soundboard source is incomplete, only about half. 

Not even that much, probably less than a minute of music.  Same for the TSRTS snippet that was released.  My guess is, this is scam, they took the two snippets, tacked on RS and Kashmir from some other show, then added on Wanton Song rehearsals/out-takes that have been around for a long time (e.g. Alternate Graffiti, Chicago '73 rehearsals, etc.).

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Not even that much, probably less than a minute of music.  Same for the TSRTS snippet that was released.  My guess is, this is scam, they took the two snippets, tacked on RS and Kashmir from some other show, then added on Wanton Song rehearsals/out-takes that have been around for a long time (e.g. Alternate Graffiti, Chicago '73 rehearsals, etc.).

Not the samples, I mean that source doesn't have a complete Wanton Song. It's about 2 hours but Wanton is incomplete.  You're probably right about that bootleg.

Always amusing to see that the type of bullshit fuckarounds that always permeated the Led Zeppelin trading community still occur. And this Minneapolis '75 business smells like a classic LZ trader fuckaround to me. 

17 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Edited by Nutrocker

19 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Levee is intact. This is from info years ago about these tapes first being floated around. (I don't have them)
Wanton was specified as cut about half-way, likely a tape flip as these were c-120 cassettes.

Thanks Sam, still this must be a double case of Murphy's Law; 75 soundboard cassettes were flipped after Kashmir, but since Levee was replaced by (the lengthier)In My Time of Dying there should have been a couple of minutes left after Kashmir was finished. Just checked the average length on some of the familiar SB cd's and disc 1 usually varies between 51 and 56 minutes. Maybe Percy was in a very very 'plantative' mood at the Bloomington Met Center🙄 

As a bit of an aside, does anybody know what the hell's the story behind these "uncirculated" Yardbirds tapes that have popped up here, there and everywhere since yesterday?😀 I grabbed 'em, haven't listened to them yet...

1 hour ago, Nutrocker said:

As a bit of an aside, does anybody know what the hell's the story behind these "uncirculated" Yardbirds tapes that have popped up here, there and everywhere since yesterday?😀 I grabbed 'em, haven't listened to them yet...

Other than what is in the info on Dime/TTD, nope, in the dark as much as you. Maybe what's there is all there is to know.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, duckman said:

Thanks Sam, still this must be a double case of Murphy's Law; 75 soundboard cassettes were flipped after Kashmir, but since Levee was replaced by (the lengthier)In My Time of Dying there should have been a couple of minutes left after Kashmir was finished. Just checked the average length on some of the familiar SB cd's and disc 1 usually varies between 51 and 56 minutes. Maybe Percy was in a very very 'plantative' mood at the Bloomington Met Center🙄 

This was the song list given for side 1 of the soundboard tape and had a pic of the cassette,  a Maxell c-120

Rock and Roll
Sick Again
Over the Hills & Far Away
When the Levee Breaks
The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Kashmir
Wanton Song

8 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Always amusing to see that the type of bullshit fuckarounds that always permeated the Led Zeppelin trading community still occur. And this Minneapolis '75 business smells like a classic LZ trader fuckaround to me. 

Apparently, this was about $

10 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

This was the song list given for side 1 of the soundboard tape and had a pic of the cassette,  a Maxell c-120

Rock and Roll
Sick Again
Over the Hills & Far Away
When the Levee Breaks
The Song Remains the Same
The Rain Song
Kashmir
Wanton Song

Apparently, this was about $

Isn't it always?😆

Looking at that song list makes me want to cry...I've wanted an early '75 show in soundboard for years and it looks like the only way we're gonna get this one is in dribs and drabs...never ceases to annoy me, these types of tape games...

Edited by Nutrocker