2021 NFL thread. Next year's Super Bowl will be in LA at the new SoFi Stadium

LedZeppfan1977

I'm sure Rick can speak on this better than me, but thanks to PTI, I learned that today is the anniversary of that great Bills comeback game in the playoffs against the Houston Oilers when Frank Reich was the QB. 

I think I still have some vivid memories of that game & my amazement of how Houston completely collasped in the 2nd half. I think the only postseason choke-job that trumps that is (obviously), the Falcons against New England...

:wacko:

The Dolphins continue their long and storied tradition of disappointing fans 😂😂

Still love em tho. I think the defense was disgusted and demoralized with the offense last Sunday .. can't explain why else the Jekyll/Hyde performance compared with the past 7 weeks.

My original thought on Tua was - he'll never be a championship level guy, but if they stick with him and build around him AND he gets better in his second season, we have hope. I now think that he just doesn't have the mental toughness to accomplish the objectives of the org - namely, to get to the Superbowl. He beats himself with unforced errors in important games. Stepping up with great plays once you're in the fourth quarter and the game has been effectively lost is a huge indicator of a player who is mentally weak when under pressure. Tua did this a lot both last season and this season. Super nice guy, God bless him ... but the kid has got to GO.

We'll be lucky if we can hold onto Waddle, Howard and Gesicki - not holding my breath.

6 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

The Dolphins continue their long and storied tradition of disappointing fans 😂😂

The Dolphins' 17-0-0 season culminated with a 14-7 victory over the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII. It is a unique feat that has stood the test of time.

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm sure Rick can speak on this better than me, but thanks to PTI, I learned that today is the anniversary of that great Bills comeback game in the playoffs against the Houston Oilers when Frank Reich was the QB. 

I think I still have some vivid memories of that game & my amazement of how Houston completely collasped in the 2nd half. I think the only postseason choke-job that trumps that is (obviously), the Falcons against New England...

:wacko:

Jack Pardee who played foe the Rams in his career was the head coach of the Oilers, and the entire coaching staff was fired after the game.  Warren Moon of course was the QB.  Houston was not around much longer as they then became the Tennessee Titans and then led by Wade Phillips we managed to get beat in that famous "Music City Miracle" play.  That play cost Rob Johnson his career IMO.  He had appeared to led the Bills to a game winning FG after his shoe came off.  Then the nightmare of a kickoff return.  There were college professors that studied that play tirelessly and many conclusions.  Some say to this day it was a forward lateral.  It was close. I hope we get to go back there. Not the same stadium but we owe those bitch's after that game we let them have earlier this year.  34-31.  Our D was not great in that game but Josh led us to their 2 yard line and then McDermott goes for it without hesitation.  Josh slips and we lose. We could have tied the game with at FG.  The analytics tell you to kick the damn ball.  I feel he should have at least called a time out gone up to the line and tried to draw them offsides. A first down was still in play.  Beat the Jets and we win the East.  Many possible first round opponents.  I will be cheering for Sean's Raiders on Sunday.  I want K C to get Indy or NE

So after the great comeback, Frank Reich leads the Bills to a win in Pittsburgh and then Jim Kelly returns to beat the Dolphins in the title game in Miami.  I believe on the way to the 3rd straight Super Bowl?  I feel Josh is going to get us one. And I hope he gets it for Kelly, Reed, Bruce, Thurman and Scott Norwood.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

11 hours ago, redrum said:

The Dolphins' 17-0-0 season culminated with a 14-7 victory over the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII. It is a unique feat that has stood the test of time.

I am pretty sure that was before 1975NQ's time...as was most of the glory days of the Shula-Griese era of the 1970s. So, 1975NQ probably only knows playoff losses like 62-7 to Jacksonville in 1999 and the decades of playoff drought post-Marino.  

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Yeah, I'm WELL AWARE of that (as are most football fans young and old, it's kinda famous). As a kid in south Florida in the 70s, I knew the Miami Dolphins jingle by heart. They had a minor hit on the radio for a while (at least in south Florida)  after that magic season, did you know that? They sold the song as a single in stores for years and years. I was venting earlier because I was really hoping Tua would step up for the big game. And Dolphins fans have earned the right to vent, haha. It's a character-building experience. They were fun to watch in the 80s and 90s and have been a "maybe we'll have an 8-8 season" team, ever since. So, Dolphins fans have been hungering for the team to be winners for decades because we remember (or have heard the stories for younger fans) those early years. 

In all honesty, even in the 80s and 90s, it was rough going. I watched a lot of those games. Make it the Superbowl, choke. Make it to the playoffs (barely), CHOKE. It was a theme. But at least they were competitive.  Watching Marino in his prime was a treat.

Edited by 1975NQ

No idea why the above poster is talking about Miami right now?  They are out, and insignificant.  But that said, I hope they show up and beat NE.  Their defense should bring that rookie back to Earth after Belecheck ran the score up on the worst team in the NFL.  But I just learned this.  In another important game in the playoff picture, Indy has not won at Jacksonville since 2014!!!!  How is that possible?  Can you imagine them upsetting Indy?  I cant. But if they do, one writer on CBS has stated that if Indy loses, a tie between the Chargers and Raiders would put them both in the playoffs!!!!  Meaning they could both agree to kneel down and let the clock run out for a 0-0 TIE.  IF THAT HAPPENED, THEY BOTH GET IN.   Can you imagine Goodell having that to watch!!!! lol.  I would love it. Sean, if you read this, which is not likely, I hope your Raiders get in. I will be cheering for them.  They can really upset the apple cart.   I want to see Indy or NE go to KC vs fat ass Andy and his trash talking Chiefs.  I want those bitch's gone from any chance of having to stomach another Super Bowl watching them getting hammered. My Bills will destroy them if they must return.  AGAIN.  I stand by my pick and have two tickets in my wallet that are $2 wagers each that would return $200 each.  All I need is  a Rams vs Bills Super Bowl.  And its damn possible. I see the Rams going into Green Bay for the title game. So Rogers will try to beat the Rams by what, throwing to Adams every time in key moments?  Do you think McVay is going to allow that to happen?  NO.  Jalen Ramsey himself can make it very hard on their go to guy.  The Rams at Packers would be a classic matchup of old NFL teams.  I am very well schooled on the history of both teams. Before the Bills were in the NFL, I liked Green Bay.  This is later 60s mind you.  I had read Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer.  A fabulous novel about training camp under Vince Lombardi.   A diary to be specific.  Lombardi did not put up with the crap that goes on now. The old Rams were lead by the Fearsom Foursome. Do you know that Deacon Jones may very well lead in all time sacks?  THEY NEVER KEPT RECORDS IN THOSE DAYS.   So we do not know.  I have wanted them to go over film and count them.  Also go back and watch film and see how many damn points Rick Barry would have had in that 70 point game he put up with NO 3 POINT LINE!!!!!!!  Back to the Fearsome Foursom.  Deacon Jones had Merlin Olson, another beast on that line and Lamar Lundy.  Roman Gabriel was the QB.  So it would not be Bart Starr and Roman Gabriel. But Rogers vs Stafford is pretty good. To me the Rams are deeper.  Green Bay has coasted through a soft schedule vs bad teams.  Remember opening day when they were pummeled by New Orleans?  A healthy New Orleans.  Ill pick the Saints to squeak in with a win over Atlanta and the Rams disposing of the 49ers.  The AFC is more complicated. Somehow Baltimore and Pittsburgh are still mathematically alive.  You know how that shit goes. Wont happen. I just cannot see Jacksonville knocking the Colts out. But I would not lay 15 on the road either.  Even after the 50-10 dismantling by Billy Belecheck up in NE after my Bills gave them a good spanking.  So I will say the final playoff teams are as follows

NFC   (Rams, Boys, Bucs, Packers, Eagles, Cardinals, Saints)

AFC   ( Bills, Bengals, Titans, Chiefs, Colts, Patriots, Raiders)

Yes.   Raiders over Chargers.  Why?   Because the San Diego Chargers have NO DEFENSE  whatsoever. They are horrible on D.

PS  Bills roll Jets to win AFC East.  

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No idea why the above poster is talking about Miami right now?  They are out, and insignificant.  But that said, I hope they show up and beat NE.  Their defense should bring that rookie back to Earth after Belecheck ran the score up on the worst team in the NFL.  But I just learned this.  In another important game in the playoff picture, Indy has not won at Jacksonville since 2014!!!!  How is that possible?  Can you imagine them upsetting Indy?  I cant. But if they do, one writer on CBS has stated that if Indy loses, a tie between the Chargers and Raiders would put them both in the playoffs!!!!  Meaning they could both agree to kneel down and let the clock run out for a 0-0 TIE.  IF THAT HAPPENED, THEY BOTH GET IN.   Can you imagine Goodell having that to watch!!!! lol.  I would love it. Sean, if you read this, which is not likely, I hope your Raiders get in. I will be cheering for them.  They can really upset the apple cart.   I want to see Indy or NE go to KC vs fat ass Andy and his trash talking Chiefs.  I want those bitch's gone from any chance of having to stomach another Super Bowl watching them getting hammered. My Bills will destroy them if they must return.  AGAIN.  I stand by my pick and have two tickets in my wallet that are $2 wagers each that would return $200 each.  All I need is  a Rams vs Bills Super Bowl.  And its damn possible. I see the Rams going into Green Bay for the title game. So Rogers will try to beat the Rams by what, throwing to Adams every time in key moments?  Do you think McVay is going to allow that to happen?  NO.  Jalen Ramsey himself can make it very hard on their go to guy.  The Rams at Packers would be a classic matchup of old NFL teams.  I am very well schooled on the history of both teams. Before the Bills were in the NFL, I liked Green Bay.  This is later 60s mind you.  I had read Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer.  A fabulous novel about training camp under Vince Lombardi.   A diary to be specific.  Lombardi did not put up with the crap that goes on now. The old Rams were lead by the Fearsom Foursome. Do you know that Deacon Jones may very well lead in all time sacks?  THEY NEVER KEPT RECORDS IN THOSE DAYS.   So we do not know.  I have wanted them to go over film and count them.  Also go back and watch film and see how many damn points Rick Barry would have had in that 70 point game he put up with NO 3 POINT LINE!!!!!!!  Back to the Fearsome Foursom.  Deacon Jones had Merlin Olson, another beast on that line and Lamar Lundy.  Roman Gabriel was the QB.  So it would not be Bart Starr and Roman Gabriel. But Rogers vs Stafford is pretty good. To me the Rams are deeper.  Green Bay has coasted through a soft schedule vs bad teams.  Remember opening day when they were pummeled by New Orleans?  A healthy New Orleans.  Ill pick the Saints to squeak in with a win over Atlanta and the Rams disposing of the 49ers.  The AFC is more complicated. Somehow Baltimore and Pittsburgh are still mathematically alive.  You know how that shit goes. Wont happen. I just cannot see Jacksonville knocking the Colts out. But I would not lay 15 on the road either.  Even after the 50-10 dismantling by Billy Belecheck up in NE after my Bills gave them a good spanking.  So I will say the final playoff teams are as follows

Yes.   Raiders over Chargers.  Why?   Because the San Diego Chargers have NO DEFENSE  whatsoever. They are horrible on D.

Gimme a break, dude. People go on this thread to talk/complain/brag about their favorite teams all the time. You do it the most, I've noticed. If a team loses a game and are knocked out of contention, they then become off limits to talk about on this thread? Who made that rule up? You? Just now?

I shouldn't have to explain this, but I'm going to anyway. I was responding to someone's reply to my own post, venting about Tua and the Dolphins' loss. That's allowed. And you either know that's allowed and are trying to bully me (good luck with that), or your critical thinking skills are severely limited.

Having said that, I'm jumping off this thread anyway - because as you say the Dolphins are out. I only comment on teams who I've actually watched play, and this year it's just been the Dolphins and their opponents. I'm also adding you to my ignore list because quite frankly - and I'm going off of other posts you've made on other threads where you've tried (unsuccessfully) bullying other forum members - you're a fucking idiot.

Edited by 1975NQ

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Gimme a break, dude. People go on this thread to talk/complain/brag about their favorite teams all the time. You do it the most, I've noticed. If a team loses a game and are knocked out of contention, they then become off limits to talk about on this thread? Who made that rule up? You? Just now?

I shouldn't have to explain this, but I'm going to anyway. I was responding to someone's reply to my own post, venting about Tua and the Dolphins' loss. That's allowed. And you either know that's allowed and are trying to bully me (good luck with that), or your critical thinking skills are severely limited.

Having said that, I'm jumping off this thread anyway - because as you say the Dolphins are out. I only comment on teams who I've actually watched play, and this year it's just been the Dolphins and their opponents. I'm also adding you to my ignore list because quite frankly - and I'm going off of other posts you've made on other threads where you've tried (unsuccessfully) bullying other forum members - you're a fucking idiot.

Bingo! 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:49 PM, 1975NQ said:

I am a fucking idiot?  Consider yourself reported .   And do not ever talk to me again.  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am a fucking idiot?  Consider yourself reported .   And do not ever talk to me again.  

Hug it out. With each passing day fewer people even care about the NFL.

I want to mention why is the Antonio Brown coverage censored?

They never show what he did after he took off his uniform on the field.

Antonio Brown.jpg

FFS. Let people talk about whatever teams they want to talk about, whether they've been eliminated from playoff contention or not. This is supposed to be a fun thread. Go Pack Go and all that jazz. I'm glad to hear Matt LaFleur is playing the starters Sunday instead of sitting them. I don't think they should play the whole game, but they should at least play the first half. You don't want to go into the Divisional Round game, three weeks later, with all your starters showing three works worth of rust.

52 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

FFS. Let people talk about whatever teams they want to talk about, whether they've been eliminated from playoff contention or not. This is supposed to be a fun thread. Go Pack Go and all that jazz. I'm glad to hear Matt LaFleur is playing the starters Sunday instead of sitting them. I don't think they should play the whole game, but they should at least play the first half. You don't want to go into the Divisional Round game, three weeks later, with all your starters showing three works worth of rust.

Thank-you.  If it was any other way, I wouldn't be able to comment past week 3 on pretty much an annual basis!  :hysterical:

Heading into this Sunday, I think the only thing up for grabs are a few division titles & of course, the 3 wild cards. I'm not sure who wins the NFC West if the Rams and Cardinals finish with the same record, but I haven't watched much of the sports shows this week.

Anyhow, ATH & PTI will be on shortly, so I'm sure I'll get my answer...

45 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Heading into this Sunday, I think the only thing up for grabs are a few division titles & of course, the 3 wild cards. I'm not sure who wins the NFC West if the Rams and Cardinals finish with the same record, but I haven't watched much of the sports shows this week.

Anyhow, ATH & PTI will be on shortly, so I'm sure I'll get my answer...

Maybe the Niners can pull off a wild card Super Bowl win like the Raiders did long ago in a galaxy far, far away. 

Your better off playing football than freezing your butt off in Buffalo.  The Bills game will be 23 degrees and snow.  Maybe lots of snow

OMG!  45 minute until ZERO HOUR!!!  Legalized online wagering in NY state!!!!! Zippidy doo da!!!!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 1/5/2022 at 6:47 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

60 minutes of football Rick.  There's no mercy rule in professional sports... That worst team in the NFL just kicked the crap out of the Colts.. Any Given Sunday..

Besides, did you call out the Bills for running up the score against the Texans 40-0?  or the Jets 45-17?    

oh and Happy New Year  

Edited by the chase

4 hours ago, the chase said:

60 minutes of football Rick.  There's no mercy rule in professional sports... That worst team in the NFL just kicked the crap out of the Colts.. Any Given Sunday..

Besides, did you call out the Bills for running up the score against the Texans 40-0?  or the Jets 45-17?    

oh and Happy New Year  

Happy New Year.  I hear if Raiders win NE comes to Buffalo.  Otherwise Chargers.  It all seems strange.  KC sort of lucked out getting Pittsburgh IMO even though in past history Pittsburgh has been a thorn in their side.  We shall see

Great way to end the season.  Those Rams/49ers games have been very entertaining.  If Philly can make it, why not the 49ers?  Even the meaningless Packer/Lions game was fun to watch.  I wish the Rams were playing anyone but the Cardinals. :'( 

Looking forward to next weekend.