Couple of questions about Jimmy Page

DanielTA

Just wondering if anyone knows this :D

Do you know what thickness Jimmy Page used on his strings and for his pick? :rolleyes:

Well, he loves to talk about how light strings are easier for bending, so I'm guessing he uses 9s. I've got no idea what thickness his pick is.

Well, he loves to talk about how light strings are easier for bending, so I'm guessing he uses 9s. I've got no idea what thickness his pick is.

One story is told that in his college days he once went into a London music store to purchase pics and told the cashier "I'm a student, give me ten for a quid".

When refused, he walked out.

Just wondering if anyone knows this :D

Do you know what thickness Jimmy Page used on his strings and for his pick? :rolleyes:

I think he's said before that he uses quite thick Herco picks and as far as strings go, I seem to remember his saying that in the past, he combined packs with super light top strings with slightly heavier bottoms, but now there are packs just like this so no need to waste the heavier top ones. I can't find the place I read this, though, sorry!

One story is told that in his college days he once went into a London music store to purchase pics and told the cashier "I'm a student, give me ten for a quid".

:lol: That never does work. At least movie theaters give students a break if you have an ID.

You guys are amazing, I couldn't have found out things like that for the world :D

Is there anything you DON'T know about Page? :huh::D

This isn't that exotic information. He's mentioned it a few times in the many guitar magazine interviews he's done.

This isn't that exotic information. He's mentioned it a few times in the many guitar magazine interviews he's done.

Exactly--I just couldn't find the specific ones! But as for the other questions, my guesses would be purple and cats. ( :lol: ) ( :rolleyes: )

So far as I know he never had pets, ever. He was really into butterflies around 1983.

But he talks about having cats in at least two interviews that I've read...maybe they belonged to someone else? It was in a series of questions about Boleskine.

Peter Grant had two Siamese cats.

That probably explains it then, especially as others have said that Jimmy himself always had Siamese--perhaps it was just Peter Grant all along. Someone on the old board once also claimed that Jimmy had a Maltese, which strikes one as rather unlikely!

That probably explains it then, especially as others have said that Jimmy himself always had Siamese--perhaps it was just Peter Grant all along. Someone on the old board once also claimed that Jimmy had a Maltese, which strikes one as rather unlikely!

I'm not saying he never had pets. I am saying so far as I recall, so far as I know he

did not. I do know for a fact Peter Grant had two Siamese cats.

HEH HEH.

what is Nobu? what kind of food?

As Ev says, sushi, but a lot of other very fab Japanese and some interesting fusion cuisine as well. The one in Malibu is great, but the (original Park Lane) one in London is much nicer in terms of setting. When I was there last month, I had some marvelous crab and shrimp tacos, edamame, miso, then a great beef tenderloin with teriyaki. Very, very good. :)

one more question, has jimmy ever drove, are has he alwas had someone driving him?

I don't believe he has ever passed his driving test.

Truth be told i wouldn't drive myself anywhere if I had his range of choices.

Archived