Couple of questions about Jimmy Page

DanielTA

• 4 weeks later...
Sushi.

And yes, it's Ernie Ball Super Slinkys and Herco Flex 73mm picks.

I have one of his picks stashed somewhere...I think it's a herco flex .75 but it might be a 73

lol I have to hide picks I want to save from myself because if I leave them laying around I'll use them and lose them

edit: I just found it..it's a 75

i was just woundering do you think jimmys wife appreciates him for who he is and what hes done,

I doubt she appreciates him, they are only married with 3 kids - they probably hate each other by now :unsure:

I doubt she would have even heard of Zeppelin

I don't believe he has ever passed his driving test.

Truth be told i wouldn't drive myself anywhere if I had his range of choices.

I read somewhere he wanted to get his license, but it was at the same time he working on the Death Wish II soundtrack, so it was something like he had to finish his score instead of taking his driving test. I don't know about recently.

i was just woundering do you think jimmys wife appreciates him for who he is and what hes done,

:huh:

What else would she appreciate him for?

I'm always bemused by people who say things like "She wouldn't love him if he was a milkman". If he was a milkman, he wouldn't be who he is.

So far as I know he never had pets, ever. He was really into butterflies around 1983.

Tsk, tsk, Steve.

'It is a house with the same sort of balance as Led Zeppelin: at once cheerful and eerie, light balanced with shade, tight but loose. No mess, however, balances the neat. Nary a dustball nor hint of cat hair besmirches the environs, summoning the image of a maid following his Persian and Siamese with a vacuum cleaner.' (Jimmy Page's True Will', interview by Charles M. Young, Musician, July 1988).

I always thought he used 10's. I am also pretty sure he used standard g string for the d, so he had 4 unwound strings.

He only used that setup to get an octave effect on one track. It's Slinkys 9-42. I'm positive. I have a guitar player friend who worked as a rigger at the LA Forum in the 70s. He had a long conversation with Jimmy's guitar tech backstage in 1977. He even got to play Jimmy's Number 1 through the practice amp! Bastard! :lol:

But yeah, he sat and talked with the guy while he was stringing up the guitars and tuning them. Jimmy's always advocated lighter strings. Furthermore, using a G string for a D would be looser, the opposite of going up to 10s, and it would never intonate properly. It would be totally unbalanced having a 10 for an E and a 24 for a D.

Tsk, tsk, Steve.

'It is a house with the same sort of balance as Led Zeppelin: at once cheerful and eerie, light balanced with shade, tight but loose. No mess, however, balances the neat. Nary a dustball nor hint of cat hair besmirches the environs, summoning the image of a maid following his Persian and Siamese with a vacuum cleaner.' (Jimmy Page's True Will', interview by Charles M. Young, Musician, July 1988).

Good catch, Otto. I can accept I'd forgotten he had two cats 20 years ago (and just assume they were his and not then-wife Patricia's).

Archived