1972.02.27 SYDNEY AUD SOURCE 3 - THE DOGS OF DOOM LIBERATION SERIES VOL. 5

goldenretreiver157

I’m happy to announce, It’s the 49th anniversary of this amazing show, and the Dogs of Doom have recently uncovered a brand new audience recording of Zep’s only performance in Sydney that contains previously missing songs -Immigrant song, Heartbreaker, Since I’ve Been loving you, and Celebration day (which cuts out near the end). 

Special thanks to the original taper (who wishes to remain anonymous), myself for facilitating contact with him, Ian Spokes for transferring, and Ed and ledzepfilm  for revising and creating the merge and liberation. The Merge (will be) available on Led Zeppelin Boot’s account on youtube. You can find the merge or raw revised version on TTD, or PM me and I’ll get you a copy

Edited by goldenretreiver157

1 hour ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

I’m happy to announce, It’s the 49th anniversary of this amazing show, and the Dogs of Doom have recently uncovered a brand new audience recording of Zep’s only performance in Sydney that contains previously missing songs -Immigrant song, Heartbreaker, Since I’ve Been loving you, and Celebration day (which cuts out near the end). 

Special thanks to the original taper (who wishes to remain anonymous), myself for facilitating contact with him, Ian Spokes for transferring, and Ed and ledzepfilm  for revising and creating the merge and liberation. The Merge (will be) available on Led Zeppelin Boot’s account on youtube. You can find the merge or raw revised version on TTD, or PM me and I’ll get you a copy

Yay!

This is such an important find. Hearing SIBLY from this show is just mind blowing...a superb rendition. Jimmy's on fire throughout this show , especially Heartbreaker, Black Dog , SIBLY and Dazed. Thanks so much to all involved in bringing this source to light. 👍🏻👏🏼

On 3/1/2021 at 2:49 AM, Strider said:

What were the seat locations for each of the three sources? 

Either that was a bad patch job or Robert really bollocksed up "Going to California". I've never heard him butcher it that bad before.

Rob fucks up just about every Going to California on this tour lol. There might be one or two where he sings it properly. 

• 7 months later...

Hi all, 

Tried the search function without success. 

I may be late to the party on this. Apparently Graf Zeppelin released a new source of this a few months ago (Source 3). I've done a few comparisons on Black Beauty, and it doesn't seem to be that different to Source 2. Is it? Both titles are classed as 'No Longer Down Under'. 

For whatever reason, I am unable to access DIME. If anyone can provide me with a link to Source 3, I'd appreciate it. 

Finally, if you look at the BB webside, it states the GZ 'No Longer Down Under Version' version of Source 2 is a SBD and AUD merge. I didn't realise there was a SBD for this show. Is that correct?

Appreciate any help. 

Cheers 

Neil  

2 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Hi all, 

Tried the search function without success. 

I may be late to the party on this. Apparently Graf Zeppelin released a new source of this a few months ago (Source 3). I've done a few comparisons on Black Beauty, and it doesn't seem to be that different to Source 2. Is it? Both titles are classed as 'No Longer Down Under'. 

For whatever reason, I am unable to access DIME. If anyone can provide me with a link to Source 3, I'd appreciate it. 

Finally, if you look at the BB webside, it states the GZ 'No Longer Down Under Version' version of Source 2 is a SBD and AUD merge. I didn't realise there was a SBD for this show. Is that correct?

Appreciate any help. 

Cheers 

Neil  

All of Graf Z.´s releases concerning the 72 Aus/N.Z. tour are named "No Longer Down Under". No SB, it´s partly a merge of video-aud and aud source. 

Agreed, don´t think Source 3 is an impressive upgrade in soundquality, I think the 27th Feb show is by far the weakest sounding of all the G.Z. releases of that tour.

The Dogs of Doom found, transferred, and freely liberated the third source for Sydney for the 49th anniversary of the show, and it was inevitably picked up by the bootleg labels as it typically goes. The third source includes the four missing songs from the other two sources (Immigrant Song, Heartbreaker, Since I've Been Loving You, and Celebration Day) as well as filling in some other minor gaps. 

There is no known soundboard from this show.

Edited by ledzepfilm