Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I was just thinking about albums from the 70s, and how I thought Dark Side of the Moon was always overrated. Then again, I never considered myself a Floyd fanatic, outside of those 3 or 4 albums from 73-79. And after wasting time with The Final Cut, I totally lost interest.... 

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...you aren't alone my friend!

Couldn't agree more. I even started losing interest before "The Final Cut". Their concerts were some of the most static, play-by-the-numbers shows I have ever seen. Not a moment of spontaneity and Roger Waters was a total douchebag of a front man. Retire the inflatable pig already.

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

Couldn't agree more. I even started losing interest before "The Final Cut". Their concerts were some of the most static, play-by-the-numbers shows I have ever seen. Not a moment of spontaneity and Roger Waters was a total douchebag of a front man. Retire the inflatable pig already.

But the music, THE MUSIC...the lyrics....my God, I  love them.

Each to their own though.

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Like I said earlier, for those few albums from the late 70s--especially Animals & The Wall--Floyd was pretty good. But after that, meh. And then I forgot to mention my complete disdain for Syd Barrett and anyone who ever labeled him a "musical genius"....

:thumbdown:

Have to agree about Syd.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

There are not enough profane words in my vocabulary to express how angry I am that Biden and the liberals negotiated a deal with the Russians to release the "Merchant of Death" for a black, gay basketball player - WHO PLEAD GUILTY FOR HER CRIME!  

And she'll probably still take a knee to the National Anthem upon her return to American soil. 

:thumbdown:

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

There are not enough profane words in my vocabulary to express how angry I am that Biden and the liberals negotiated a deal with the Russians to release the "Merchant of Death" for a black, gay basketball player - WHO PLEAD GUILTY FOR HER CRIME!  

She'll run for president. 😄

11 hours ago, shnflacwav said:

1Capture.JPG

I think leaving the Taliban more than $2BILLION of military grade weapons and equipment settled that.

As a by the way, you may recall the four GITMO detainees Obama exchanged for the release of deserter/traitor Sgt Bowe Bergdahl all accepted senior positions with the Taliban.    

Big white guy walks into my work today wearing a grey sweatshirt that says "Black Trans Lives Matter". C'mon, dude...give me a break. You're neither black nor a trans, so who are you posing for? Besides, if black lives matter, wouldn't black trans lives fall under the same category? Or are you trying to say that black trans lives matter more than black heterosexual lives? I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him and say "Who the fuck cares?"

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Big white guy walks into my work today wearing a grey sweatshirt that says "Black Trans Lives Matter". C'mon, dude...give me a break. You're neither black nor a trans, so who are you posing for? Besides, if black lives matter, wouldn't black trans lives fall under the same category? Or are you trying to say that black trans lives matter more than black heterosexual lives? I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him and say "Who the fuck cares?"

For him it's self-rightious virtue signalling. For blacks and black trans it's about who claims higher status in the Hierarchy of Victimhood. 

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Land rights for gay whales!

I think that saying was my first introduction to a counter-culture kind of vibe to all the "causes" that seemed to be becoming normalised - and everywhere. I yelled that out a few times to lighten the mood among stupid conversations back in the day to great effect.

But that's going back 25 or more years!

That's what should be yelled to that BTLM shirt wearing clown.