Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I loathe Christmas songs, regardless of performer. "Have a holly, jolly Christmas..." Oh, get bent. 

I know you are just playing your usual curmudgeonly role, because I find it hard to believe you are such a misanthrope that you can't find any Christmas song to like.

Is it just me? Watching and listening to TSRTS is vastly different to just listening to it (even if an identical version).

TSRTS - listening only easily wins. I think this is down to me listening to that album and wearing it out before really getting into the film, and mostly listening to it over watching it for a LONG time, but I'd love to hear others views.

RAH - watching and listening easily wins.

Knebworth - not sure....

I think if there was ever a release of pure concert footage of MSG '73, watching + listening most likely wins, but that's pure speculation and unlikely to occur, sadly.

Edited by rm2551

15 hours ago, Strider said:

I know you are just playing your usual curmudgeonly role, because I find it hard to believe you are such a misanthrope that you can't find any Christmas song to like.

Maybe Steve's not a drinker. I don't set many rules at home, but the wife knows - absolutely no Christmas music until I've had a few...

Love it, Jimmie ray! But, man, if drinking makes you more amenable to Christmas songs, I'm glad I've been sober my entire life! 😄
The best Xmas I've ever had was the first time my parents went away and left me in the house by myself - I ignored Xmas altogether that year and I've been replicating it ever since. Hard to recapture the magic of the first time, though, eh...! 😏

Edited by Brigante

On 12/22/2022 at 8:02 PM, Brigante said:

Love it, Jimmie ray! But, man, if drinking makes you more amenable to Christmas songs, I'm glad I've been sober my entire life! 😄
The best Xmas I've ever had was the first time my parents went away and left me in the house by myself - I ignored Xmas altogether that year and I've been replicating it ever since. Hard to recapture the magic of the first time, though, eh...! 😏

There were years that I would have preferred that - like being an older teen that wasn't allowed even one sip with the adults. There's definitely a correlation...

After watching this site degrade over the last 20 years...it's pitiful....a mere shadow of what once was.

Unbelievable all the right wing schpew being posted. The band would be, well....are if they ever read this, ashamed.

A great band....a once great website gone to hell.

Signed,

Ghost of the past

Edited by Josemanno
Spell

3 hours ago, Josemanno said:

After watching this site degrade over the last 20 years...it's pitiful....a mere shadow of what once was.

Unbelievable all the right wing schpew being posted. The band would be, well....are if they ever read this, ashamed.

A great band....a once great website gone to hell.

Signed,

Ghost of the past

No, it's "the left" that's degraded over the past years. Funny how you always want to censor other's opinions if they don't agree with yours.