IMTOD : In My Time of Dying

Different folks, different favs.

Mine? IMTOD. :thumbsup: I offer the

I shot for your judgment. :) Those who think Robert can't sing as well as he used to??? Listen.

Shot using a Sony Cybershot DSC-W200 camera. Sound is from the camera, no enhancements. Can't say enough good things about it. How do you think it did*?

If only I had a ton of batteries and another memory card...

Oh, my Jesus! Fantastic!!! IMO.

Enjoy! :hippy:

* My avatar is from one of my gig shots.

I think he sounded great from all I've heard from the various clips but there is no doubt he can't hit some of the higher notes he used too hell I know alot of singers that can't hit the notes he used to so .... But it was still pure magik to hear the 3 and Jason play so well together it truly was Led Zeppelin all over again I think the Vibe/Mojo was there in spades !!!!

Nice clip though Jasons drums are really clear as well on it, thanx dude !!!

RjK

I think he sounded great from all I've heard from the various clips but there is no doubt he can't hit some of the higher notes he used too hell I know alot of singers that can't hit the notes he used to so .... But it was still pure magik to hear the 3 and Jason play so well together it truly was Led Zeppelin all over again I think the Vibe/Mojo was there in spades !!!!

Nice clip though Jasons drums are really clear as well on it, thanx dude !!!

RjK

nice post, nice clip. thanks. they sound on the money. the boys should get back together and do what they do best - BLUES.

Has anyone noticed Plant singing,

"I hear a lot of buzzin'. Sounds like my little honeybee?" (18 sec mark.)

While doing so, Page plays right along mimicking Plants vocals, giving precious seconds for sound adjustments to reduce feedback before the crescendo of Page's punctuating slide guitar, Bonham's emphatic drumming, Jones, superlative Jonesy stuff...and Plant's absolutely wonderful, emphatic, blazing refrain of, "Oh, my Jesus" Brilliant, IMO.

Plant's cover works perfectly into the song. If you didn't listen to the words, might never know!

I shot for your judgment. :) Those who think Robert can't sing as well as he used to??? Listen.

Shot using a Sony Cybershot DSC-W200 camera. Sound is from the camera, no enhancements. Can't say enough good things about it. How do you think it did*?

Thanks !!

...and nice avatar..have you posted your photos somewhere?

out the ffffnnnnn park if ya ask me--course I don't give a rats ass if he can hit the high notes.....Its Zepplin for most part to some people to me its them john is in that boy somewhere together yeaaahhhhhhh. I recently saw Ozzy loved it and on the way home all I could think was now if only Zep will play again. That the one I have to see--more like feel--the sons of thunder

thanks for sharin'

Katy

very nice PotBound. I personally think IMTOD sounds better on the Danelectro and he should have used it.

Has anyone noticed Plant singing,

"I hear a lot of buzzin'. Sounds like my little honeybee?" (18 sec mark.)

While doing so, Page plays right along mimicking Plants vocals, giving precious seconds for sound adjustments to reduce feedback before the crescendo of Page's punctuating slide guitar, Bonham's emphatic drumming, Jones, superlative Jonesy stuff...and Plant's absolutely wonderful, emphatic, blazing refrain of, "Oh, my Jesus" Brilliant, IMO.

Plant's cover works perfectly into the song. If you didn't listen to the words, might never know!

I was so pleased to hear that at the time..loved it. "Honey Bee" (by Savoy Brown) was usually within a 1971 (usually early 1971) medley of a live performance of "Whole Lotta Love". Fantastic. Have heard this so many times on various boots, so it was great to hear this performed live after all this time. :thumbsup:

Thanks !!

...and nice avatar..have you posted your photos somewhere?

Thanks!!

Haven't gotten around posting.

Will eventually at FriendsOfZep.org, a non-profit entity I founded. Hosted a pre-gig benefit for the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund. Might keep the site as a resource. No interest in trying to be a substitute for great forums in existence.

So many ideas, so little time! :hippy:

IMTOD is definitely my fav from the show, I can't stop listening to it on the boot I have. Oh my friggin Jesus is right! It is so heavy and Robert sounds so heavenly. One of my fav songs of all time. It has to be played at my funeral, is all I have to say.

IMTOD easily, love the slide.

I was so pleased to hear that at the time..loved it. "Honey Bee" (by Savoy Brown) was usually within a 1971 (usually early 1971) medley of a live performance of "Whole Lotta Love". Fantastic. Have heard this so many times on various boots, so it was great to hear this performed live after all this time. :thumbsup:

News to me....thanks, Storm, er, Pilot, er POTS, LOL? Love learning new factoids!

That 'Honey Bee' made perfect sense in the context of Plant's direction to the sound crew ...and is a 'real' song. Well, yet another reason the man is brilliant! :hippy:

RE the post by JPZoso56: Thanks! Where might I hear IMTOD w/ the Danlectro? Always willing to listen to good music! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Dude, Honey Bee is actually a Muddy Waters tune(but I loved the Savoy Brown version, also)

Archived