Do you really believe?

Mountain Hopper

No, nothing has ever been proven and the band says there's nothing there. It was just a bunch of shit started by christain conservatives. :rolleyes:

I believe it must have been a bitch to write in the first place. Never mind backwards.

i actually played it backwards when i was a teenager, and there really streching the truth i heard what they were trying to say it was but its not coherent is the best way to describe it. Besides that did any of these dickheads play a carpenters record backwards to see if there were any messages. I think not.some people, need to get a life. B)

The thing about this piece of rumor is that you can only "hear" some kind of satanic mumble if there are captions- so basically hear it without what it's supposed to say and you hear nothing.

I think I even read something about this by some psychologist, something about the eye catching the word and making the ears hear it- self persuasion type of thing.

but it's an interesting idea- the thought that Led Zep sold their soul to Satan for fame, fortune and talent...I guess that people with less talent and drive are scared of people who do have it- so they have to make it un pure and evil to feel better about it.

Playing a record backwards mmmmm , I remember the coalition doing this and it begs the question. What were they smokin' ? I gotta tell ya,,,, we did a lot of wild and crazy things back in the day, but that weren't one of them. We found it much easier to.. just pick up the needle.. when we wanted to play a song again. :mellow::D

play any song with vocals backwards and it will sound satanic. there's a fair number of backwards messages in Pink Floyd and Roger Waters songs, there's a couple on The Wall a few on Ummagumma and one on Amused To Death, and they all sound satanic and mostly unintelligible when they are played forward. in order to get anything even remotely clear enough to understand when played backwards it would make a noticeable racket in the music when played forward. the fact that Stairway has none of this tells me there's no backwards message there. and if there was, who gives a shit? if you're worried about a rock band turning your teenager into a satanist, then there's other bands you should be worried about before you go after Zeppelin.

As Peep Solero said above, you don't hear anything unless you have the supposed words next to you and are reading it while you listen. It just sounded like a bunch of garbled crap the first time I heard it.

• 2 months later...
It works... I have done it at a friends house because I have Led Zeppelin IV on vinyl. You have to start playing it backwards after "is there a bussle in your hedgerow" verse

how do you play a vinyl backwards?????????????

ok then what is the bog secret?

It's all the power of suggestion. If someone were to listen to it for the first time backwards, without being told what to listen for, the would have a very very hard time picking out intelligible words. But once you tell them what to listen for, they will hear it.

• 11 months later...
No, nothing has ever been proven and the band says there's nothing there. It was just a bunch of shit started by christain conservatives. :rolleyes:

I'm a Christian and i'm not being rude but just to let u know it wasen't started by Christians it was started back in 1982 by rock critics. and the message is just a bunch of bull crap.

No, it wasn't start in the 80s by rock critics. She is right, a group of conservatist Christians got together in the 70s and reviewed some albums, this being one. I'm not saying this to stereotype Christians. In every religion there are bad representatives of it, it isn't anything against Christians.

• 2 months later...
Playing a record backwards mmmmm , I remember the coalition doing this and it begs the question. What were they smokin' ? I gotta tell ya,,,, we did a lot of wild and crazy things back in the day, but that weren't one of them. We found it much easier to.. just pick up the needle.. when we wanted to play a song again. :mellow::D

Totally relate. Never wanted to play the records backwards. To awesome forward:-)

Archived