Actor Heath Ledger Dies

The Pagemeister

Actually...it could have been an accidental overdose. That happens a lot with sleeping pills...he might have taken more than he could handle, or mixed it with something else...but then again, it might have been a suicide. They didn't mention a note or anything...

I think it just might have been accidental. The man had a massage scheduled...also, they said they found him naked. If I was going to commit suicide, I would make sure I wasn't naked...but that's just me.

I expected to find Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan with this headline, not Heath Ledger. I really liked him...he was only a year older than I am...that freaks me out a little. I'm sad his daughter won't know him.

I too wondered if it was an accidental overdose vs suicide but I guess more things will come out as time goes on.

Such a tragedy. He was a wonderful actor with a wonderful future professionally and personally. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family and loved ones. :(

The story on MSN says he had been telling people he was taking Ambien two at a time to get his mind to quit racing.  I've been in similar situations when I used to tour...you know you should sleep, you've been awake for 28 hours, but you can't get the mind to switch off.

In short, I'd be surprised if they rule this a suicide.

RIP Heath Ledger.

...yawn

You don't come into a death thread and say these kinds of things. you just don't, no matter how much of an ass you are.

If you don't have anything worth posting then just move along. It's not that hard.

R.I.P.

they are pretty much confirming not suicide, and accidental in sleeping pills, also he may have had pneumonia.

I met him two years ago, he was an incredibly nice guy. He introduced himself to me, not expecting me to know who he was, which many celebs don't do. So sad to hear of his loss.

Prays to his family.

You don't come into a death thread and say these kinds of things. you just don't, no matter how much of an ass you are.

If you don't have anything worth posting then just move along. It's not that hard.

R.I.P.

You're right, i was out of line.

Edited by stonefreelee

You know what always stood out to me about Heath was his ridiculously incredible smile. It had to be the most infectious smile ever. I remember buying this issue of Vanity Fair with him on it like eight years ago and LOVING this picture. Such a cutie. How could you not adore this guy?

n52302512_30658201_4125.jpg

I have no apology to offer. I am sick to death of individuals offing themselves...Haven't we seen enough of this throughout the ages? I'm tired of feeling sorry for these "Phoneix" types...awww, poor baby, couldn't handle being a celebrity...I care about real people who are suffering and who want to LIVE. This "man" had a daughter...how could anyone do that to their own child? What a loser...

Fuck off.

I have no apology to offer. I am sick to death of individuals offing themselves...Haven't we seen enough of this throughout the ages? I'm tired of feeling sorry for these "Phoneix" types...awww, poor baby, couldn't handle being a celebrity...I care about real people who are suffering and who want to LIVE. This "man" had a daughter...how could anyone do that to their own child? What a loser...

Are you serious? What a shitty thing to say. The man is human, celebrity or not and they suffer from the same struggles non famous people do. We don't know what the cause of death was at this point but if it is suicide, well I for one DO feel sorry for him that he couldn't find a way to reach out and get some help. Suicide is complicated and it's not about doing it to hurt others. Unless you've known people who have actually killed themselves, don't try to make light of it.

Please take your heartless attitude elsewhere and allow those who are sad for this tragic loss to express themselves.

I guess you defend his actions, immature one? You think it's ok to kill yourself and leave your young child an orphan? NO, FUCK YOU!

They don't know that he committed suicide. Right now, it looks like it was accidental.

And if it was suicide...obviously you have never had to deal with depression or stress. When you are dealing with those things, you don't think clearly. You just don't think. If he did kill himself, it wasn't an act of spite towards his family, friends and fans. If it was, then I would have a problem with it. But it isn't, so the news just makes me sad and feel so sorry for those who loved him.

And his daughter isn't an orphan.

Like I said, fuck off. You obviously don't understand how death affects people, or how his death has affected his family, friends and fans alike.

They don't know that he committed suicide. Right now, it looks like it was accidental.

And if it was suicide...obviously you have never had to deal with depression or stress. When you are dealing with those things, you don't think clearly. You just don't think. If he did kill himself, it wasn't an act of spite towards his family, friends and fans. If it was, then I would have a problem with it. But it isn't, so the news just makes me sad and feel so sorry for those who loved him.

And his daughter isn't an orphan.

Like I said, fuck off. You obviously don't understand how death affects people, or how his death has affected his family, friends and fans alike.

yeah, Chris Farley was "accidental", too...if you pound on the gates of Heaven long enough, someone is gonna open the door...did you feel sorry for Kurt Cobain too? How 'bout brad delp? How about anna nicole smith? Jim Morrison, Jimi, janis? These brilliant people KILLED themselves, whether it was direct or indirect, what's the difference? They put the so called "gun" to their heads....and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them?

You obviously have no clue what i have experienced when it comes to stress, living, dying or whatever...you know NOTHING about what i have gone thru in my life...i feel for the living, not the people who threw in the towel...

yeah, Chris Farley was "accidental", too...if you pound on the gates of Heaven long enough, someone is gonna open the door...did you feel sorry for Kurt Cobain too? How 'bout brad delp? How about anna nicole smith? Jim Morrison, Jimi, janis? These brilliant people KILLED themselves, whether it was direct or indirect, what's the difference? They put the so called "gun" to their heads....and I'm supposed to feel sorry for them?

You obviously have no clue what i have experienced when it comes to stress, living, dying or whatever...you know NOTHING about what i have gone thru in my life...i feel for the living, not the people who threw in the towel...

do me a favor and off yourself.

You're wasting good posting space.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You have your opinions, I have mine. But please take your negativity somewhere else.

yeah that yawn shit is pretty cold and offensive. We should revel in how he lived and the great movies he made " First Knight " is one of my personal favorites. What you guys who loved him could do is get together with your friends who were heath fans, rent all his movies watch them together, as a celebration of his life and not his death, just an idea! :mellow:

I notice you left Bonham off that list. is Is that just on oversight, or are you selective in who you condemn?.

yeah that yawn shit is pretty cold and offensive. We should revel in how he lived and the great movies he made " First Knight " is one of my personal favorites. What you guys who loved him could do is get together with your friends who were heath fans, rent all his movies watch them together, as a celebration of his life and not his death, just an idea! :mellow:

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe one weekend when my friend comes back from Boulder, we could do something like that.

Obviously you have issues to work out and this is not about you. Nor is this the appropriate time or place to vent. You can't presume to know what any of the people you name were suffering and it's profoundly wrong to express yourself so self-righteously in this context. I'm totally offended by what you've said here.

Edited by AllisonAdler

Yet in the Janis Thread in the Other bands section, you freely talk about her without condemning her. John Henry Bonham died in what I feel will probably end up a similar scenario to Mr. Ledgers.

Face it, if the above is your true view on life and death, then your time spent on this board aptly lables you a hypocrite of the highest order.

I had typed out a long rant in response to stonefreelee, but I won't perpetuate this tactless discussion further.

I truly hate to hear this news (same goes for Brad Renfro). My roommate (Tripper) found the news article first, told me, and I didn't believe her for quite some time. Heath was such a gifted individual, and he will be greatly missed.

I'm still very upset about this. I don't know what would be worse: accidental overdose or suicide. Both are horrible in their own manner.

Heath Ledger was a wonderful actor. Mona--I also loved him in 10 Things I Hate About You. I may have even had a crush on him... ;)

It's too bad it had to end this soon. :'(

RIP Heath.