Pet Peeves

Hotplant

:lol:

Spats: "I had a light bulb once but it went out on me. You have no idea how rejected I felt. Forget it, I'm not changing any light bulbs ever again. Light bulbs are too needy and clingy anyway. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've seen all the hassles my buddies go through with their light bulbs and afaic it aint worth it. Besides I've never found a light bulb that meets my standards anyway. I want a really really hot light bulb and most light bulbs just aren't hot enough for me. And if I ever did have a hot light bulb and an even hotter light bulb came along, I'd remove my hot light bulb and put in the hotter one.. in a heart beat! But like I've said.. I've been burned in the past, you know. So when I see a brand new light bulb on the shelf at the store.. the truth is that I'm just way too afraid to approach it or try to pick it up. I don't wanna risk getting burned again, ya know. Its too humiliating."

:P

Awesome!

Spats: "I had a light bulb once but it went out on me. You have no idea how rejected I felt. Forget it, I'm not changing any light bulbs ever again. Light bulbs are too needy and clingy anyway. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've seen all the hassles my buddies go through with their light bulbs and afaic it aint worth it. Besides I've never found a light bulb that meets my standards anyway. I want a really really hot light bulb and most light bulbs just aren't hot enough for me. And if I ever did have a hot light bulb and an even hotter light bulb came along, I'd remove my hot light bulb and put in the hotter one.. in a heart beat! But like I've said.. I've been burned in the past, you know. So when I see a brand new light bulb on the shelf at the store.. the truth is that I'm just way too afraid to approach it or try to pick it up. I don't wanna risk getting burned again, ya know. Its too humiliating."

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Drunken idiots shouting loud down here in front of my dorm building. Why the hell does OUR building have to host a bar?

Well, they seem to have shut up after I threw a plastic bag filled with water down there.

The same thing happens at my dorm as well. People stand out front all night smoking and drinking no matter what the weather is like.

^ Haha nice. Last year all the skateboarders used to congregate on the sidewalk right outside my room. One of my walls also bordered the stairwell. It was fun, lemme tell ya. To make the skateboarders go away I would blast older music that I knew they wouldn't like because it wasn't Green Day or any of their minions. Works like a charm to scatter most people our age. Play good music. Their ears won't be able to comprehend what's going on. They'll have to leave.

My current pet peeve is that everyone smokes right outside my window this year. But now I'm an RA so I have the power. I can tell them if they don't step 30 feet away from the building I will write them up. Not that I ever would haha. I'm also a tiny little girl who is incapable of being forceful so I have no idea why they even listen to me. It must be the RA badge. :D (well, it's really more like a name tag... but it has the power!)

You'd better be a good RA. My RA this year is crap- she's a pig and we share a bathroom with her and she throws all kinds of old food in the trash in there and never does any cleaning. My roommate and I do all the cleaning. I don't have time to be doing cleaning all the time.

:hysterical: :hysterical:

classic

When people replace the toilet paper roll and they put it on so that the roll faces the wall instead of out towards you. You know what I mean? There's two ways the toilet paper roll can be facing - one is where it unrolls towards the wall or the other is where it unrolls towards you on the toilet. Whenever it is facing the wrong way in anyones house that I go to, I always take it off and change it.

That's him! :lol:

When people replace the toilet paper roll and they put it on so that the roll faces the wall instead of out towards you. You know what I mean? There's two ways the toilet paper roll can be facing - one is where it unrolls towards the wall or the other is where it unrolls towards you on the toilet. Whenever it is facing the wrong way in anyones house that I go to, I always take it off and change it.

I can sooo relate!!! If it's not 'over' i go bonkers with irritation!!! How can these people live like this? :D I haven't actually had this problem for a while, but I have switched it it to the correct position ( :whistling:) on people in the past...hee hee

Easy to open/pour milk cartons is the peeve of the day for me. It must help sell a lot of replacement milk.

I feel your pain.

The only thing that's more annyoing in the packaging sector: cds wrapped in fingernail- and bullet-proof celophane wrappings. :rant::(

Archived