Finally, presenting...the day I met Robert Plant

Mrs. Plant

ha, I wish, I was lucky enough for just the one time....but maybe that will give me some pull....ooh what I sleaze I would be. :)

I agree, they will tour....and I will be oh-so-broke.

I need my next job and pronto....start saving....

I'm going to start a Zeppelin Tour '08 jar and take donations in the NYC subways. Might be the best damned idea I've ever had.

...So when he was done with the show, he went back into the makeup room and Gina waved me in, so I came in, and Robert Plant started undressing!!! Just his shirt, changing back into his other clothes, but still, I walked in on Robert Plant changing. And I must say, and only the girls would care about this….but he still looks good. <3

So after he got his shirt on, the make up artist started talking for me, cause she knew I couldn’t get out any words, and she just told him how much of a fan I was and how much his music meant to me, etc. She didn’t lie once…I’m obsessed. So she asked him for a picture, and he grabbed me, put his arm around d me, leaned in, and smiled! I was so happy, but then it just got even better….he said, “Thank you sweetie,” and then leaned in and kissed me on one cheek, and then went over to the other!!!! I kissed him back the second time…I was so damn giddy after that I grinned the rest of the day. I know he has kissed many many many women in his time, and I am happy to be one of them!! Haha. So then I walked them back out to their cars and they left.

Still grinning...months later.

Here's the larger pic

ashley_1.jpg

omg! i'm so jealous mrs.plant! ;) haha thanx for the wonderful story...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi Robert I wonder if you remember led zep playing the Locarno in Coventry, I think it was 69/70 me and my mate ted hid till every one had left ,and you and the band was putting your gear away. So we walk over and all of you were ever so nice to us. Jimmy said as your here you are roadies Jimmy gave my is guitar and said take to the left and stay with it ,I did all the gear down in the lift.I think you had a batted up beige Colored van .then it was falling to bits.gear in the van you gave us your autographs  and a £5 between us . And of you went back to Wolverhampton. Great gig great night and it was so nice to spend some time with the band. I still play zep 2 my favourite album. Cheers for the memories I’m 70 now.ha ha

20 hours ago, Pete Williams said:

Hi Robert I wonder if you remember led zep playing the Locarno in Coventry, I think it was 69/70 me and my mate ted hid till every one had left ,and you and the band was putting your gear away. So we walk over and all of you were ever so nice to us. Jimmy said as your here you are roadies Jimmy gave my is guitar and said take to the left and stay with it ,I did all the gear down in the lift.I think you had a batted up beige Colored van .then it was falling to bits.gear in the van you gave us your autographs  and a £5 between us . And of you went back to Wolverhampton. Great gig great night and it was so nice to spend some time with the band. I still play zep 2 my favourite album. Cheers for the memories I’m 70 now.ha ha

Locarno Ballroom - December 9, 1971 / Coventry | Led Zeppelin Official Website

On March 17, 1988 Robert performed in Coventry at the University of Warwick Arts Centre. He was interviewed by W963 Warwick University Radio. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of it but he very well may have mentioned to them that he had performed in Coventry way back in 1971.  

Edited by SteveAJones