Keith Richards comments on Zep reunion gig

dpat

From "The Led Zeppelin Biography" by Ritchie Yorke:

Keith Richards (on Zep)- "I played their first album quite a lot when I first got it, but then the guy's voice started to get on my nerves for some reason. I dunno why. I imagine it was just a bit too acrobatic for me. Jimmy Page is a great guitar player and I've known him for years...before he was with The Yardbirds. He's always been a very respected player."

Hmmm... I think Keith is the last person who should be criticizing other people's singing...

(BTW I love Keith & the Stones- just adding another quote of his to this thread)

From "The Led Zeppelin Biography" by Ritchie Yorke:

Keith Richards (on Zep)- "I played their first album quite a lot when I first got it, but then the guy's voice started to get on my nerves for some reason. I dunno why. I imagine it was just a bit too acrobatic for me. Jimmy Page is a great guitar player and I've known him for years...before he was with The Yardbirds. He's always been a very respected player."

Hmmm... I think Keith is the last person who should be criticizing other people's singing...

(BTW I love Keith & the Stones- just adding another quote of his to this thread)

Actually.I would have once agreed with you,except I think that on the the last Stones studio album that Keith was actually singing better than he has done since the Queens Coronation!

Who would have thought that the "walking cadaver" would rediscover his pure, if not quite angelic singing voice!.

At this rate who knows?

Perhaps he has a plan that on the next album he will sing better than Robert and Play the guitar better than Jimmy! :D

If not, then you can put it all down to professional jealousy.

• 3 months later...
In an interview with Uncut, Keith Richards also belittled Led Zeppelin's December one-off reunion gig, saying:

"They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant). F**k off. Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby."

Keith also went on to say if he had to do it over, he would have stayed off drugs, and said Mick Jagger is a vain control freak, saying vanity can't carry a band, but a band could carry vanity.

Wanton Man says: Ruby Tuesday don't make it for me, baby

Keith Richard's, the what drugs can do to you poster child. What a pathetic mess. He only wishes that he could have written a song as classic as Stairway.

Let it fucking be! This articles half a year old! Who gives a shit if Keith doesn't like Stairway?

Let it fucking be! This articles half a year old! Who gives a shit if Keith doesn't like Stairway?

Come off it. It's not about not liking Stairway.

Saying "fuck off" to the Zep reunion is the point.

At least The Who and Sir Paul had more class.

In an interview with Uncut, Keith Richards also belittled Led Zeppelin's December one-off reunion gig, saying:

"They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant). F**k off. Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby."

Keith also went on to say if he had to do it over, he would have stayed off drugs, and said Mick Jagger is a vain control freak, saying vanity can't carry a band, but a band could carry vanity.

I am now on lunch (Thank god!) I just have to respond on this one. I love Keith Richards dearly but there is no way that he could ever stay off drugs. In my opinion, when Keith made the statement about the ZEPPELIN reunion, he must had snorted some more of his dad's ashes. That must be some strong shit! ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
The Stones are still together? Well done Kieth and Mick... Fuck off... The Stones don't make it for me baby! WHAT AN IDIOT! The Rolling Stones Suck! always have always will!

YES! :D Sir, I salute you! WTF is Keef's problem with a Zep reunion??? :angry: Sheesh!

keith is a shit talker of the highest order. whenever asked about the who or led zeppelin, he always says this shit (and he's asked ALL the time).

usually he says "zeppelin is about one person-jimmy page. i don't care for bands with screaming blonde singers. sorry who fans."

must have missed his "wheaties" this day......

I see he's still pissed about that fight in the parking lot between the Stones and the Beatles…which Led Zeppelin won.

Nice one! :lol:

It should be;it's a old quote from a magazine,possibly Creem.I remember reading it a looooong time ago,and I think I even posted it on the board at one time.

I think the 'gramps' comments are funny;especially considering Jimmy and Keith are practically the same age.

It should be;it's a old quote from a magazine,possibly Creem.I remember reading it a looooong time ago,and I think I even posted it on the board at one time.

Yeah, I remembered it. I was just enjoying seeing it quoted.

And y'know what's funny? I came THIS close to adding "Don't kill me '59" in my post! :hysterical:

Archived