• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

He could be voting for obama just for the fact obama wants stem cell research. and not because of good judgment. I voted for Obama for senator because I thought he best served me an Union member, but the rest of his ideas i didn't like at all, it doesn't make me smart, unless smarts is picking the winner. Now since i don't have to be a union pawn, i could make other choices.

Have you said if you've made a choice yet? If so I missed it.

Interesting post, somehow I missed that you used to be in Illinois, lol <puff> :hippy:

Are you the guy that posted about being on an oil rig in the gulf?

:whistling: UB

Sullivan is still a douche. Rarely does he speak that would indicate a man of intelligence.

No,.. that'd be you you're describing. :P

Andrew Sullivan's intelligence is quite frequently on display.

..his off-the-cuff assessment of Obama's speech is a nice little example. ;)

What have you ever posted that intellectually compares? :whistling:

Answer: nada.

:beer:

No,.. that'd be you you're describing. :P

Andrew Sullivan's intelligence is quite frequently on display.

..his off-the-cuff assessment of Obama's speech is a nice little example. ;)

What have you ever posted that intellectually compares? :whistling:

Answer: nada.

:beer:

Check CNN. New Polls say Hillary is in the lead. She is the right choice. Obama seems like he is sincere. But is he really? This pastor has his mind made up doesnt he?

Check CNN. New Polls say Hillary is in the lead. She is the right choice. Obama seems like he is sincere. But is he really? This pastor has his mind made up doesnt he?

:unsure:

uhh.. what does that have to do with Andrew Sullivan?

and.. uhh.. what pastor are you referring to?

and.. why do you doubt Obama's sincerity?

and..

oh, yeah.. welcome to the debate ledzeppIV! :wave:^_^

Hillary would be a fine choice, afaic. I'm still riding with Obama though. B)

:unsure:

uhh.. what does that have to do with Andrew Sullivan?

and.. uhh.. what pastor are you referring to?

and.. why do you doubt Obama's sincerity?

and..

oh, yeah.. welcome to the debate ledzeppIV! :wave:^_^

Hillary would be a fine choice, afaic. I'm still riding with Obama though. B)

Didnt mean to use that quote thing. But my point is that CNN just released its new NATIONAL POLLS and guess who is in front? Yes Hillary. I think its quite clear that McCain is a longshot. the true battle is between Hillary and Obama. If they were smart they would go into a room and flip a coin. And whoever wins is the front runner and the other is the vice presidential candidate. that way, ther is no way we can lose. Because they would keep each other in check on major decisions and would have Billy boy in the background to help make decisions. Sure he is a cheater like Spitzer, but a brilliant leader. They should go on the same ticket. If they dont it increases the chances of a McCain upset.

Didnt mean to use that quote thing. But my point is that CNN just released its new NATIONAL POLLS and guess who is in front? Yes Hillary. I think its quite clear that McCain is a longshot. the true battle is between Hillary and Obama. If they were smart they would go into a room and flip a coin. And whoever wins is the front runner and the other is the vice presidential candidate. that way, ther is no way we can lose. Because they would keep each other in check on major decisions and would have Billy boy in the background to help make decisions. Sure he is a cheater like Spitzer, but a brilliant leader. They should go on the same ticket. If they dont it increases the chances of a McCain upset.

Yeah,.. I saw those poll results this morning. The pendulum is swinging back in Hillary's favor. But its swung back and forth several times in this campaign already,.. it'll swing again. We haven't yet seen if there'll be a swing back in Obama's favor in the aftermath of his speech the other day.

I agree with you, the dem party leaders need to get Hillary and Barack in a room and get this thing decided. McCain is gaining favor while Hillary and Obama are fighting it out. The infighting is hurting the dem party chances of winning the general election.

I'm disappointed that those with influence in the party.. Gore.. Edwards.. Kennedy.. Pelosi.. Reid.. Howard Dean.. Richardson.. Schumer.. Biden.. Kerry.. Hoyer.. Clark (Wesley).. Murtha.. Carter (Jimmy).. Leahy.. Waxman.. etc, etc.. aren't doing more to bring this thing to a close and get the attention turned to the general election. Then again, I understand that with the race being so tight, neither candidate is going to step down willingly.

Leave it to the democratic party to blow this opportunity. They're running against a repub candidate that even most repubs can hardly stomach.. and yet he's running neck and neck with both Hillary and Obama. Good golly Miss Molly! :rolleyes:

:beer: although this contest does not involve those of us who are outside of the USA, some of us find it absorbing and fascinating, nevertheless - it is after all, difficult to name a more important event in the affairs of this planet.

If I had one observation (or even criticism) of this thread to make I would say there seems to be a confusion between "Who will win" and "Whom do you WANT to win". I base that observation on the votes cast thus far.

(for what it's worth - Ladbrokes odds in the UK at the moment) .....

Obama Evens favourite

McCain 6/4

Clinton 7/2

Gore 50/1

Root 66/1

Nader 250/1

Paul 500/1

If I had one observation (or even criticism) of this thread to make I would say there seems to be a confusion between "Who will win" and "Whom do you WANT to win". I base that observation on the votes cast thus far.

For the record, I voted that I thought McCain would win when this poll was 1st posted, according to the recent polls I've seen that seems like a decent bet, but November is a long way off. The Dems seem to be intent on losing what should have been a shoo in election this year.

Personally, I wish we had better choices.

:hippy:

UB

For the record, I voted that I thought McCain would win when this poll was 1st posted, according to the recent polls I've seen that seems like a decent bet, but November is a long way off. The Dems seem to be intent on losing what should have been a shoo in election this year.

Personally, I wish we had better choices.

:hippy:

UB

:beer: fair points, Bill - a week is a long time in politics, so 7 months is an absolute eternity. It just could be that Hilary and Barak will cut each others throats, leaving McCain as the freshest horse in the race as the winning post looms.

:beer: fair points, Bill - a week is a long time in politics, so 7 months is an absolute eternity. It just could be that Hilary and Barak will cut each others throats, leaving McCain as the freshest horse in the race as the winning post looms.

That's what I'm thinking might happen.

it looks like Obama stirred up a bustle in Geraldine Ferraro's hedgerow

Ferraro slams Obama for comparing her to preacher

"To equate what I said with what this racist bigot has said from the pulpit is unbelievable," Ferraro told the Daily Breeze in an interview. "(Obama) gave a very good speech on race relations, but he did not address the fact that this man is up there spewing hatred."

I'm no fan of hers but I don't think I'd want her for an enemy either. This sort of thing appears to be fracturing the Democratic Party

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...049092020080320

It's interesting that Obama chided his white grandma for stereotyping blacks during his speech the other day, then today he called her a "typical white person". How is that not the same thing? I've seen the campaign try double talk their way out of it with the usual "what he meant to say" type crap, but I'm not buying it. I admit I'm skeptical by nature. :whistling:

UB B)

I would support Pol Pot over another Clinton or Bush. We have more than two family's in this country give someone new a chance eh.

Ha. What planet did you arrive from? Another that thinks they have all the answers. How can you compare Clinton with Bush for Gods sake man? Get freakin real.

To all you women in America. Here is your chance. Womens rights. Give women equal standing for all time. These words coming from a man. Be you black or be you white or other. Give Hillary the chance. She deserves the chance. Dont buy into the false BS of McCain or Obama's promises he cannot deliver. It is time for a woman to run this country. Give her a chance. Ask yourself, when will you have another chance in your lifetime to have a woman this intelligent and this close?

Ha. What planet did you arrive from? Another that thinks they have all the answers. How can you compare Clinton with Bush for Gods sake man? Get freakin real.

Ok, I'll make another attempt that hopefully won't upset you as much:

I would support Pol Pot over Hillary Clinton.

To all you women in America. Here is your chance. Womens rights. Give women equal standing for all time. These words coming from a man. Be you black or be you white or other. Give Hillary the chance. She deserves the chance. Dont buy into the false BS of McCain or Obama's promises he cannot deliver. It is time for a woman to run this country. Give her a chance. Ask yourself, when will you have another chance in your lifetime to have a woman this intelligent and this close?

She's not as intelligent as some of the other candidates I've seen. And why make her President just because she's a woman? Don't you think their political standing is more important?

Hi all,

Ok, I'll make another attempt that hopefully won't upset you as much:

I would support Pol Pot over Hillary Clinton.

Is that a bad joke? :blink: I would not vote for the women,I do not agree with her and in my humble opinion,......she could and still might be our president and then I will support her,not agree but she could be our 'leader' and whether one likes it or not the leader of the world.

Read up on Pol Pot,then try to make statements that fall in line with reason:

Murder

KB

Hi all,

Is that a bad joke? :blink: I would not vote for the women,I do not agree with her and in my humble opinion,......she could and still might be our president and then I will support her,not agree but she could be our 'leader' and whether one likes it or not the leader of the world.

Read up on Pol Pot,then try to make statements that fall in line with reason:

Murder

KB

I guess you've never heard of exaggeration to make a point? The fact that he's dead should have been a clue I wasn't serious. Some people take things too literal :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I guess you've never heard of exaggeration to make a point? The fact that he's dead should have been a clue I wasn't serious. Some people take things too literal :rolleyes:

Sorry Uncle Bill,....your right.It was just that was a hell of an exaggeration! :lol:

When typing over the internet,one can not always know of 'intent',right?

Still if you,who I do not know and only from your posts here,would you have the same reaction,or just get bent out of shape like I did? B)

Then again,lots of people take thing -too- literally,.........and then some,...

KB

Archived