All My Love

MisterMcLov1n

What do you think was the best performance of All My Love?

I personally never have heard its live renditions and I'd like to know if it was ever done justice.

it was played on the 1980 tour over europe, i thought it was very good, and i think the tour is underrated

It's on the DVD at Knebworth isnt it?

It's a nice song with interesting guitar work although Jimmy said he didn't like that song and wouldn't have continued in that direction if the band hadn't broken up.

It's a nice song with interesting guitar work

Interesting to see that probably I am the only one who distastes this song. :unsure:

Truly, I cannot stand to listen to it. Sorry, guys. Just my personal opinion.

Interesting to see that probably I am the only one who distastes this song. :unsure:

Truly, I cannot stand to listen to it. Sorry, guys. Just my personal opinion.

I don't love the song, I just like the guitar and drum parts, specifically.

It's on the DVD at Knebworth isnt it?

No, they didn't play it at Knebworth. I think it was only done on the '80 tour, but it may have been played in the warm up shows to Knebworth, but I could be wrong.

All My Love is one of my fave Zep songs, and I personally like the live versions I've heard, but I don't think it really fit in with their live show, at least at the time.

I have a boot from Brussels, I think June 20, 1980, where they did an awesome version of it. The ending was great with Jonesy's keyboard, Bonham's drumming and Plant wailing "sometimes, sometiiiiimmes.......". It was great, I HAVE to get a new turn table and cassette player as I only have it on album and tape :(

Peace.

"Art changes people, people change the world." - John Butler

Yes, I believe it was played at all shows on the 1980 tour. Except Nuremburg, I imagine (only 3 or so songs). I have soundboard of Hannover, 24 June and it also sounds a bit tinny, as someone above mentioned.

All those recordings sound a little tinny...they need an EQ and reverb job.

All those recordings sound a little tinny...they need an EQ and reverb job.

I agree. Well, from the two '80 shows that I have, anyway. I have the 18th (Cologne) and the recording is a lot, lot worse than the 24th that I have.

Frankfurt 6/30 is a good one. Jonesy usually didnt play the last part of the key solo cleanly but hits it here.

Overall the alt. studio version...the one with no solo and extended outro is the best thing I think zep ever did.

I heard this song first as a kid and immediately loved it. It was sentimental whilst not sad or depressing. I didn't know at first that it was about Robert's son. His vocals was simply superb in here - no wailing, no rocking, just singing to someone in his deep baritone - I thought to a girl at the time. It was his deep voice that I first liked, then the tune and the lyrics equally.

Only later did I learn that it was more poignant than it sounded.

Anyways, it is in my most fave songs of all artists of all time. The single being my best version.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived