Hypothetical Question: Would you enlist in your own army?

Bonham

Would you...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ...join the army/military?

• Yes, sir!
    • Noooo!
    • Maybe...
    • I'd remove my trigger finger by any means necessary
    • Only if my country really needed me to
    • Only if my country's cause for war was acceptable to my views
    • Other

You'd have us, the British people sent to a remote island to fight it out like savages and barbarians? Most certainly not, good day to you.

:P

Of course not!!!! You know how I feel about British people. I could sit and listen to them talk all day. They're CAN be much more intellegent then people here, not always though, but that's a two way street. We've discussed it before. I even spell things with u's because of the British. :hysterical:

Because unfortunately, that's not even remotely realistic. No matter how much we hate it, there will always be wars.

And to answer the question- I would certainly enlist if it was for an honest reason, to protect our country. Not the shit like what's going on now.

I'll just quote Rock Action, not because I'm lazy (though I am), but because I could not have said it better myself.

As for tea break, definitely. Even if we are reduced to savage tactics and animilistic brutality, we must always, always stop for tea. It's the only thing that will keep us sane out in that island. Let's just pray to god that one of the island's natural produce is tea leaves.

the British are relentless fighters, i've seen monty python: "come back you yellow bastard, i'll bite your legs off!" :P

lemme say, I dont support the War in Iraq. I do however, support the troops.

The only way I would ever enlist, is if McCain gets elected (hopefully he doesn't) and he reinstates the draft. Only because i want my choice of what branch of military and unit I want to join.

The only dwon side is, i have to shave my mair. and I love my hair. hahaha

but yes, that is the only way I would do it.

Hell NO!!!!!!!!!

If I have my own army I demand to be a defacto member! :angry:

*Enlist...., I don't know what these people are on.*

Thank you sir.

Thank you for slapping the faces of every enlisted solider and ex-enlisted veteran out there. God forbid they try to help out their country

yes wanna be drummer I agree. My dad enlisted and served in Vietnam. Does that make him a bad person because he enlisted? fuck no.

My great uncles fought in World War II. Does it make my 2 uncles that enlisted and served in the European Theater. From Normandy to Germany to stop Hitler's war machine.

Are they bad for enlisting, no

My other great uncle enlisted and served in the Pacific Theater stoping the Japanese Navy dead in its tracks through the war until his tragic death with his crew at Letye Guly 1944 aboard the U.S.S. Hoel as it sunk the Japanese heavy cruiser, Kongo. But in turn they we sunk. Are they bad for enlisting and stopping the Japanese, no.

My grandpa enlisted and served in the Korean War to stop the Communist influence in Korea and to aid the South Koreans. Is he bad for enlisting and serving his country like all my other family members? NO.

I'm apologizing if I am being an asshole. I am just upset about somethings that have happened recently. Hickory man, your post just kind of sent me off. I am sorry id I have over reacted. I just support my family that have been in the military.

The troops are living this reality. They are training for war, and have to face war. They make extreme sacrifices from day one in the military, and the stress level is extreme. When the public doesn't support the war, it causes severe damage to the troops. There is nothing worse than being in a war, risking your life, and realizing that people don't support what you are doing. Those people are a poison to the troops. There is no way to support the troops, yet be against the war.

There is no other way around it. Imagine being a soldier, and someone comes up and says to you "I support you and the troops, but I am against the war." WHAT?

The troops are living this reality. They are training for war, and have to face war. They make extreme sacrifices from day one in the military, and the stress level is extreme. When the public doesn't support the war, it causes severe damage to the troops. There is nothing worse than being in a war, risking your life, and realizing that people don't support what you are doing. Those people are a poison to the troops. There is no way to support the troops, yet be against the war.

There is no other way around it. Imagine being a soldier, and someone comes up and says to you "I support you and the troops, but I am against the war." WHAT?

I understand what you are saying. this is my last point. i dont want to agrue. I beleieve we should agree to disagree. I dont like arguing.

The ones that I have talked to agree with me and some dont even support the war at all.

I am against the war and I want our buys and girls home. Where it is safe from the fighting, the killing, the blood shed, the horrors of dealing with what they are going though.

But they are doing their jobs and i support them.

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

I understand what you are saying. this is my last point. i dont want to agrue. I beleieve we should agree to disagree. I dont like arguing.

The ones that I have talked to agree with me and some dont even support the war at all.

I am against the war and I want our buys and girls home. Where it is safe from the fighting, the killing, the blood shed, the horrors of dealing with what they are going though.

But they are doing their jobs and i support them.

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Well, I don't know who you talked to, what branch of service they are in, and what jobs they have. Those are significant details. Not all troops are equal. Believe it or not, about 1/5 of troops in the combat zone are doing anything. The rest of them are sitting in secure compounds, and some of those venture pout, occasionally.

Unfortunately, a lot of them are made so insecure about how they should feel about the wars and their service, that they will either genuinely agree with those opinions, or just say they do because it is easier than exactly speaking their minds. Usually it is the latter.

Their job is to fight wars. These are not civilians. They are not regular people, by choice. Saying you want to "bring them home" sounds like you are talking about bringing your mom, or your dog home. Their job is to fight, and they are prepared, and expect to do that. Believe it or not, these people don't want to be "safe from the fighting". They had an idea what they were getting into when the first got involved in the first place. So, let's please stop feeling sorry for them.

By not supporting what they are doing, you are hurting them. Trying to "bring them home" is a great idea. If you want to bring them home, you'll support the cause. Supporting the war will bring them home more quickly.

Their job is to fight wars. These are not civilians. They are not regular people, by choice. Saying you want to "bring them home" sounds like you are talking about bringing your mom, or your dog home. Their job is to fight, and they are prepared, and expect to do that. Believe it or not, these people don't want to be "safe from the fighting". They had an idea what they were getting into when the first got involved in the first place. So, let's please stop feeling sorry for them.

oh I'm sorry for wanting the troops home. Just because I dont want any more Americans killed. that doesnt make me un-American.

i'm not going to argue about this. Arguing is a waste of time. I have my opinion you have your's. lets leave it at that.

Americans will have to die to preserve what is America.

There will probably not be a time in the foreseeable future where Americans will not die.

Unfortunately, this is just one of the realities of the world. The faster you accept this, the better off you'll be.

I apologize. I had no idea. God, I feel like an ass now.

Wow, I am really sorry.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic right now. I hope not.

If you aren't, then don't worry about it. I expect you to feel the way you do. A lot of people do. I just wish more people would listen, and understand the kinds of things I talked about.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic right now. I hope not.

If you aren't, then don't worry about it. I expect you to feel the way you do. A lot of people do. I just wish more people would listen, and understand the kinds of things I talked about.

no i'm not.

I'm being straight up here. I support all troops and all vets of all wars.

I would never be sarcastic with them.

I am not being sarcastic. i just didnt know.

yes wanna be drummer I agree. My dad enlisted and served in Vietnam. Does that make him a bad person because he enlisted? fuck no.

My great uncles fought in World War II. Does it make my 2 uncles that enlisted and served in the European Theater. From Normandy to Germany to stop Hitler's war machine.

Are they bad for enlisting, no

My other great uncle enlisted and served in the Pacific Theater stoping the Japanese Navy dead in its tracks through the war until his tragic death with his crew at Letye Guly 1944 aboard the U.S.S. Hoel as it sunk the Japanese heavy cruiser, Kongo. But in turn they we sunk. Are they bad for enlisting and stopping the Japanese, no.

My grandpa enlisted and served in the Korean War to stop the Communist influence in Korea and to aid the South Koreans. Is he bad for enlisting and serving his country like all my other family members? NO.

I'm apologizing if I am being an asshole. I am just upset about somethings that have happened recently. Hickory man, your post just kind of sent me off. I am sorry id I have over reacted. I just support my family that have been in the military.

*Sigh* go back and read my post again...the whole post....just as WBD had to do. Maybe you too can comprehend the humor the 2nd time.

*Crosses fingers* :)

Archived