What would you do to be 20 and be at MSG in '73?

LedZep1969

I wouldn't want to be 20 then, the guys wouldn't have taken a second look! :lol: J/K!!!!!

I was 17, almost 18 on the 73 tour. Almost legal :shifty::D

How about a toddler??? That was way too young even for Jimmy .... :lol::lol: That's how old I was in '73...

Jokes aside, I guess it would have been great to be a teenager back then, not only to experience LZ live but also to live the 70's. But I wouldn't do anything to be 20 in '73. Maybe I would have had the chance to be at MSG but then I might have not been here now or had a different path in life, who knows....still, it's nice to dream about it.

My 'almost' Zeppelin story . . .

I was a graduated Senior from High School in the Summer of 1973. I was 17. And I had my tickets to see led Zeppelin at MSG. YES, you actually could order tickets officially by mail back then. This was before TICKETBASTARD came on the scene with it's royal penis to screw everyone.... Anyways, I had the tickets, two of them, one for each night that I planned on seeing the world's gratest band! I had already seen them in Dallas in May, 3rd row back, stage left...

But.... I just could not get the logistics together to drvie and stay in the Big Apple at 17 years of age. There was no great internet then, to hook up with like minded fans back then.....

And so, sadly, I returned the tickets, and got my little refund.

If only I had just kept the MSG tickets ! !

Little did I know that such unused tickets would be worths $100's of dollars, 30 years later !!!

I was fortunate enough to see two nights back to back on the first leg of the '73 American tour. I'd already seen them in 1969 and 1971 but these shows were an epiphany to me, definitely a life-changing event. Decades later I got bootleg soundboard recordings of those two nights, it's a little like being able to go back (and I was 20.) The tapes sound good, but lame compared to the visceral live effect of each room.

If I could cherrypick three nights to see on the 1973 tour however then Los Angeles 5-31 & 6-3 and Seattle 7-17 would be the ones. Those shows sound so great on tape they'd have to be a revelation to eyewitness with my own ears.

I'd walk into the Westboro Baptist Church fully naked waving a pride flag, and then go up to Fred Phelps and ask him if I could stick it into his pooper, although it might just cost me my life.

• 1 year later...

Oh wow, old thread ive not seen.

What would I do to go back in time and see my fav Zeppelin show(s)? Almost anything, as long as I could go back knowing what I know now or at least that I have to pay attention as this will be the best show ever, maybe not know the setlist. I also would have to be able to remember it in detail.

In reality, in 73 I was 15 and my parents wouldn't let me go to concerts yet. I had to wait another year.

But this thread lends itself to an alternate reality universe. The question is "What would you do to be 20 and be a MSG in 73?" Sounds like a Klondike bar commercial but the action should be a bit better than standing on one's head.

Hmmm.... I would ride a mechanical bull in a bikini whilst balancing a platter of Jack Daniels shots. Yeah...that should do it.

I'm transported back in time to 20 years old and I'm at MSG in the front row enjoying every second of the music and the great view of Robert.

God I had a great time.

Snap out of it.. :rolleyes: But its fun to dream.

Archived