Rock fashion: now and then

No matter, 'cause I ain't looking at the button that much anyway... did Jimmy or Robert EVER wear underpants?? :D

2353327162_081ef56580_bc.jpg

There is a picture of Robert playing soccer in an orange shirt and underwear. Other than that, probably at home. I've heard not on stage, but I don't really know. :lol:

and I was also a little child at that time- Jimmy could only read a fairy tale for me... :lol::lol:

:lol: I so understand you!!

I was myself only a character0099.gif character00100.gif when they came to Milan, Italy in 1971!! the only thing I was interested back then was sucking my feeding bottle, forget about Jimmy!!

When you are as famous as Robert is then you should know people will take pictures. I guess if he didn't want those pictures out he should of thought of that before hand. I feel no pity for him. What is he complaining about? Tons of chicks love those photos.

When you are as famous as Robert is then you should know people will take pictures. I guess if he didn't want those pictures out he should of thought of that before hand. I feel no pity for him. What is he complaining about? Tons of chicks love those photos.

Oh yeah - especially when he's wearing a speedo :lol:

This one makes me laugh.. :lol: what kind of a pose is that?

Let's just say that only Jimmy can wear a fur coat like no one else!

Ah the 70's... :rolleyes: Mind you, his shoes are simply gorgeous.

furryjimmy.jpg

This one makes me laugh.. :lol: what kind of a pose is that?

Let's just say that only Jimmy can wear a fur coat like no one else!

Ah the 70's... :rolleyes: Mind you, his shoes are simply gorgeous.

furryjimmy.jpg

You got that right! ;) Great picture of Jimmy!

:thanku:

I'm with you on this! Think about it- if a girl took this picture, do you think he'd be so pissed off? NO way! He'd start posing and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to get her past the goal post, know what I'm sayin'? :shifty:

Still, I do dig that look. I'm not a big football/soccer fan but jeeze, if teams started wearing Speedos, even I'd start watching the games...!

I had no idea about the story behind the pic. Interesting!!

Roxie, where did you find that hillarious avatar pic of Robert? :o

av-5728.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

(and your signature pic is looking mighty fine n' fashionable as usual...)

Roxie, where did you find that hillarious avatar pic of Robert? :o

(and your signature pic is looking mighty fine n' fashionable as usual...)

Thanks!! It's from a video clip HERE

of Plant/Krauss doing "Black Dog". Screencap provided by Sunray!

Thanks!! It's from a video clip HERE

of Plant/Krauss doing "Black Dog". Screencap provided by Sunray!

I....I....um....that was Black Dog? Bonzo, RIP, must be rolling in his grave! No time signatures whatsoever like the original, and it's very mooooody. Alison's job looks suspiciously easy.

Thanks, Roxie- the intro was funny but I still can't help wonder why he stuck his finger in his mouth. Sweet jelly roll perhaps? :P

av-5728.jpgRobert-Plant.jpg

When I first saw this photo, I thought that Bonzo was purposely dressed in a coat similar to those worn by old-fashioned race car drivers. Now, when I look at it, I'm not so sure.

And there are Jimmy and Robert, as usual, with their "Come hither, my fair maiden" stares.

LZbwscan.jpg

When I first saw this photo, I thought that Bonzo was purposely dressed in a coat similar to those worn by old-fashioned race car drivers. Now, when I look at it, I'm not so sure.

And there are Jimmy and Robert, as usual, with their "Come hither, my fair maiden" stares.

LZbwscan.jpg

Yep and that definitely would have worked on me! :lol: In fact, I'm sure that early on in my Zep days, those type of stares are what really drew me into them deeper (me and millions of other girls back then ;)) .

Ladies- do you still like the long haired look on guys, or do you think it would look ridiculous these days?

I still love it- especially when the guy has curly/wavy hair. :) About 4 years ago, I convinced my husband (who has curly hair like Brian May of Queen) to grow it long. It looked great, but he finally cut it 6 months ago because it was a hassle to take care of. I have long hair myself so I know what he meant.

ive always loved long hair on a guy, especially if its curly or wavy, like jimmys and roberts. long, dead straight hair is nice on a girl, but on guys...........dave gilmour only looked hot when he was young. guys, GROW YOUR HAIR! we like to have something to run our fingers through, too! i mean just look how much better jimmy is looking these days with a bit of length. i wasnt a fan of his short, dark hair of a few years ago.

Yep and that definitely would have worked on me! :lol: In fact, I'm sure that early on in my Zep days, those type of stares are what really drew me into them deeper (me and millions of other girls back then ;)) .

:lol: Worked on me too. Early in my Zep days, like so many other girls, I certainly succumbed to those stares. ;)

Back to fashion: Jimmy is probably one of the few people who could get away with wearing this combo and look great doing so:

JP75shirtdragonpants.jpg

Ladies- do you still like the long haired look on guys, or do you think it would look ridiculous these days?

I still love it- especially when the guy has curly/wavy hair. :) About 4 years ago, I convinced my husband (who has curly hair like Brian May of Queen) to grow it long. It looked great, but he finally cut it 6 months ago because it was a hassle to take care of. I have long hair myself so I know what he meant.

I still like that look too - especially if it is wavy and clean. I hate seeing anyone - male or female - with stringy, greasy, unkempt hair. <shudder>

ive always loved long hair on a guy, especially if its curly or wavy, like jimmys and roberts. long, dead straight hair is nice on a girl, but on guys...........dave gilmour only looked hot when he was young. guys, GROW YOUR HAIR! we like to have something to run our fingers through, too! i mean just look how much better jimmy is looking these days with a bit of length. i wasnt a fan of his short, dark hair of a few years ago.

:lol: My husband and I were the opposite: I have long wavy hair and when he was younger and wore his hair long, my husband's hair was straight.

I love long hair on a guy. Although sometimes their hair can be more attractive than mine (*cough* Plant *cough*) and it makes me feel inadequate. :P

All I have to say is that 70s rock star fashion is WAY better than all the "rock stars" today with their emo haircuts and manliner. I mean, come on. They probably use more gel and makeup than their girlfriends, and that is just not right. Guys shouldn't take longer than their girls to get ready. My generation makes me sad.

I love long hair on a guy. Although sometimes their hair can be more attractive than mine (*cough* Plant *cough*) and it makes me feel inadequate. :P

All I have to say is that 70s rock star fashion is WAY better than all the "rock stars" today with their emo haircuts and manliner. I mean, come on. They probably use more gel and makeup than their girlfriends, and that is just not right. Guys shouldn't take longer than their girls to get ready. My generation makes me sad.

i understand what you are saying, but it can go the other way too. i appreciate that the zep guys took pride in their appearance. agreed though, they were going on stage to perform to a cash paying public. i wouldnt really dig a guy who preened himself for an hour just to go get the mail! the stars of today need to take a leaf out of zeps book.....i mean look at the way the foos were dressed for their "night of their lives......." bloody awful. they let a 64 yo outdress them. jimmy looked sooooooo much cooler than his younger counterparts!

Archived