Plant being selfish again!

No offense SunChild but you don't see it as an admirable trait? I see it as a given right as a human being who can make decisions and has choices. You might not always make the correct choice but we can ALL do what we want! We might suffer consequences or we might find that we are deleiriously happy!

Can I come live on your planet? ;)

See, on my planet, I have to do things even if I don't want to, and I don't get to do other things even if I do want to. I'm not too upset by it, mind. Doing things for the sake of others is not a bad thing.

Anyway I think maybe we're talking apples and oranges. I'm not talking about artistic choices, which have to be from the heart, for sure. But the man acts like a spoiled child who doesn't care whose feelings he insults. Because he's a brain surgeon who saves lives, so get out of his face? Nope. Because he's vastly busy running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation helping poor children around the world? Nope. Because he is having fun singing pretty songs with people he enjoys, and getting paid damn well for it? Ah!

So no, for him to care only for how he feels in any given moment is not an admirable trait in my book.

He cares about others, sometimes too much. He is a very empathetic person.

I agree - it's not that he doesn't care about other's feelings. But he can't shoulder the hopes and dreams of every fan out there who wants to relive the glory days of Zeppelin.

I was not old enough to see Zeppelin Mark I. I wasn't even born. Would I love the opportunity to see them in the flesh, after all these years of listening to everything I could get? Absolutely - and I would love to take my Dad, who never had the opportunity to see them either. But am I going to begrude Robert Plant or any of the others because they don't fulfill what I want? No way.

Instead of thinking about what we might not get (a reunion) think about this. If they never play again, we are lucky for what we already have. Anything else is a bonus.

I think he is being selfish, because he would be nobody w/o Zeppelin and Zeppelin fans. If he doesnt want to be associated with Zeppelin, than he should stop taking royalties and not play Zep in his shows. but he won't why? because without Zeppelin he would be nobody. your dreaming if you thin otherwise, and Steve I don't want to hear your opinion, because you are so Plant biased its ridiculous. If Plant never played Zep songs or there was no possibility of hearing Zep, even more of his concerts wouldn't sell out. I give the guy credit for doing different stuff and growing, but i don't think a few US Zep shows for a good cause should be soooo difficult for him. A full tour i don't think is a good idea, but a few shows, record them, make a DVD and than evryone can see it!

Robert sold his rights to any royalties back in the 1980's

There are some on here who know better than me but could it be he just doesn't know what he REALLY wants to do?? Who are WE to tell him??

Robert Plant owes nobody anything. If anyone wasnts to hear and watch Zeppelin at their best put the RAH on - NOTHING peaks that. Watch them BATTER a screaming audience into submission. That, for me, is unsurpassable. Just my opinion mind. :D

I can't believe these friggin threads starting up again and again with the same circular arguments going around and around.....

A tour looks very unlikely. We may get the odd 'one-off' performance like we've had before, but let's face it, nothing's on the cards is it?

Until then, let them do their thing.

This was planned before the O2 reunion. I think Robert wants to fulfill his obligation to Allison to tour to support their album. He hasn't said he'll never sing with Jimmy, John Paul and Jason again, so it's still a possibility. If he was sure about saying "No" to Zeppelin, he'd have done it already.

Why are these threads pandering to what really is a tiny minority around here who won't let RP get on with doing this with AK? The majority of people get on with it without without bitching or insulting. You would think he'd jilted them at the alter for fucks sake. Mind you with all the bitching who would blame him. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lets face it there's really only a couple of people who keep the damn negative argument going.

Mant people seem open minded and hold out the hope that his not saying never means 'sometime'

And many seem to be able to allow him to do what he is doing and not get all premenstual about it.

Lets not give them the time or effort cos nothing is going to change their stance.

Oh the days of whine and roses. :blink:

Why are these threads pandering to what really is a tiny minority around here who won't let RP get on with doing this with AK? The majority of people get on with it without without bitching or insulting. You would think he'd jilted them at the alter for fucks sake. Mind you with all the bitching who would blame him. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lets face it there's really only a couple of people who keep the damn negative argument going.

Mant people seem open minded and hold out the hope that his not saying never means 'sometime'

And many seem to be able to allow him to do what he is doing and not get all premenstual about it.

Lets not give them the time or effort cos nothing is going to change their stance.

Oh the days of whine and roses. :blink:

I wish you the best of luck getting people to stop spending time and effort on this. I can't think of anything that would improve this place more than if they'd just let it go, now and again.

In case you haven't noticed, there's also a minority here whose main reason for being on this site is to defend Robert from those who maybe don't find him the most charming human being on earth.

Although these kind, generous and lovely folks (and I mean that, honestly) can "allow" Plant to do what he is doing and feel what he is feeling and say literally whatever silly thing pops into his head out loud in front of reporters, what they can NOT do is allow Zeppeliin fans to have anything but a positive response to Plant. They will ignore any valid point, beat any horse gasping its last, in order to make sure Robert is given his due, never mind if other people honestly think he deserves it, or not.

Although there's an official Plant website, an official RPAK website, a fan run solo Plant site, and a private mailing list on which they can wax freely about their shared passion, they are here, poised to swoop in like a well-rehearsed tag team to gently but inexorably batter anyone whose opinion is not to their liking into submission.

It certainly is the most frustrating aspect of this board.

I wish you the best of luck getting people to stop spending time and effort on this. I can't think of anything that would improve this place more than if they'd just let it go, now and again.

In case you haven't noticed, there's also a minority here whose main reason for being on this site is to defend Robert from those who maybe don't find him the most charming human being on earth.

Although these kind, generous and lovely folks (and I mean that, honestly) can "allow" Plant to do what he is doing and feel what he is feeling and say literally whatever silly thing pops into his head out loud in front of reporters, what they can NOT do is allow Zeppeliin fans to have anything but a positive response to Plant. They will ignore any valid point, beat any horse gasping its last, in order to make sure Robert is given his due, never mind if other people honestly think he deserves it, or not.

Although there's an official Plant website, an official RPAK website, a fan run solo Plant site, and a private mailing list on which they can wax freely about their shared passion, they are here, poised to swoop in like a well-rehearsed tag team to gently but inexorably batter anyone whose opinion is not to their liking into submission.

I am a solo wrestler its just the opponents never seem to change :D

I always find people who see the positive in aspects of life - including in Robert Plant and the things he says - to be much more fun to be around than those who are continually looking for, trying to emphasise and droning on and on about anything they think of as negative. THAT is the single most depressing aspect of this forum.

I'm a Led Zeppelin fan - Robert Plant was a member of Led Zeppelin. As a fan of his and of the other three members, I have every right to hang around here as often as I like- and I will. :chickeddance:

I have been labelled an "apologist" by a certain flipper called scs who, thankfully isn't posting anymore.

My main gripe is all those persisting with insulting him for wanting to follow his own instincts and making his own career choices.

He seems to be damned if does or damned if he doesn't give a positive answer to THE question.

Nothing anyone says can change that.

Many have opined that Zep is no more, so to them I ask what is your problem?

It doesn't make any difference whether he is playing with Alison and T Bone or The Mormon Tabernacle Choir for that matter, Zep won't play again anyway.

Others have expressed that they often do things they don't like, to them I ask why?

You have the capacity to change, sure there may be consequences good and bad but

for fuck sake take a chance.

Some of them say Robert is holding the others back, to them I ask how?

JP, JPJ & JB are grown adults and if reports of them rehearsing are true they are either preparing for something or just having fun.

Why don't the media persist in hounding JP or JPJ the same question?

Accesibility.

Robert is on stage performing and putting it out there the rest are not, simple.

Life in the free world is about choices, freedom of expression, speech and thought.

If being selfish is looking out for one's own interests then so be it.

I do and make no apologies for it, as myself and my family always comes first, even before Led Zeppelin.

So Robert Plant has an ego, so what, it was we the fans (geez I hate that term), built it up in the first place.

It certainly wasn't the press in the early days, though they've jumped on the Zeppelin "bandwagon" since December last year.

I digress, we all have (opinionated) egos, just read most of the posts on this forum.

Battering people into submission inexorably or otherwise is not my go.

However, some people (even myself at times), do deserve a clip across the ear to snap them out of it.

I do reserve the right to defend whomever I choose worthy and that includes people who may not always agree with me.

That is certainly the most frustrating aspect of this board and the similar threads therein.

Now if I can only get to the corner, this figure four leg lock is killing me.

Hand stretched, yes, tagged again.

Robert Plant is one of the original four members of Led Zeppelin. This is the Led Zeppelin official website. It is perfectly reasonable and understandable that those of us who admire Robert Plant come here.

I first saw Led Zeppelin with Robert Plant perform live in the summer of 1969. Nothing that anyone can say will erase that memory, as it is part of the actual life I have lived.

Can I come live on your planet? ;)

See, on my planet, I have to do things even if I don't want to, and I don't get to do other things even if I do want to. I'm not too upset by it, mind. Doing things for the sake of others is not a bad thing.

Anyway I think maybe we're talking apples and oranges. I'm not talking about artistic choices, which have to be from the heart, for sure. But the man acts like a spoiled child who doesn't care whose feelings he insults. Because he's a brain surgeon who saves lives, so get out of his face? Nope. Because he's vastly busy running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation helping poor children around the world? Nope. Because he is having fun singing pretty songs with people he enjoys, and getting paid damn well for it? Ah!

So no, for him to care only for how he feels in any given moment is not an admirable trait in my book.

Sure Honey! Plenty of room here...

Welcome to my nightmare,

I think you're gonna like it

I think you're gonna feel like you belong

A nocturnal vacation

Unnecessary sedation

You want to feel at home 'cause you belong

:banana:

Yeah, I certainly understand your point, I do lots of things I dont' want to also...

However, I deal with it by understanding that I don't HAVE to go to work....but I do choose to go to work because of the fear that if I dont' I'll lose my job and my home, etc, etc. On the other hand...it COULD be the best thing I ever decided not to do. Maybe my dream job would come along, new opportunites, or maybe I would just learn from a mistake.

I COULD, if I chose to, buy a one way ticket to Greece, and go on an adventure, it could very well turn out to be one of the best decisions I've made in life or.....I may have to call my Dad and ask for airfare home.

I could walk out the door, jump in my car with a credit car and make a run for it! Aahahah!!

I do get some pleasure in knowing that I CAN do anything I want. We hold back from doing many things we want to out of fear. Take fear out of the equation and see where it takes us in life!

Shanti and Namaste

Is it me or is Robert Plant being extremely selfish refusing to do a reunion?? After all it was Zeppelin that made him who he is today, and after 28 years would a 6 month tour really prohibit him from finishing all the other projects he wants to do? The other members are willing to commit and give the fans what they want. Thoughts anyone?

As the saying goes, ONLY LOVE CAN BRING LED ZEPPELIN TOGETHER! The band doesn't need the money.

QUOTE (Rorer714 @ Jul 19 2008, 08:23 PM)

Damn if there ain't some whining ass bitches on this board,get over yourselves already and enjoy what's given to you,FFS.Wah,wah,wah,wah, WAH.

Robert gives you love and you bitches give him shit.Shut de fuck up already.You're not helping your case whatsoever.

I am a purist Zep fan.If they never get back together(which they CAN'T cuz John is not here and won't ever be here)I'm okay with that.

You whining ass bitches are the ones that are selfish.The song will NEVER remain the same.

Robert owes you nothing.Robert gives you love and you foresake it.Fuck you!

I'll bump this to this thread as well Sunshine,because your name evokes such happiness.Wah,Wah,Wah,Wah!!! YOU act like spoiled sunCHILD...tsk tsk.

The bump is on.

I always find people who see the positive in aspects of life - including in Robert Plant and the things he says - to be much more fun to be around than those who are continually looking for, trying to emphasise and droning on and on about anything they think of as negative. THAT is the single most depressing aspect of this forum.

I'm a Led Zeppelin fan - Robert Plant was a member of Led Zeppelin. As a fan of his and of the other three members, I have every right to hang around here as often as I like- and I will. :chickeddance:

Good for you. I really think Jimmy's the problem, those off the wall flippant things he's says to reporter's.........Sometimes I just don't know where his head is. :blink:

Shit posts like these are probably what makes him NOT want to tour.

Why the fuck is Robert the "Led Zeppelin Forum Scape-goat"? Maybe its the other members' fault for not moving on to other things.

I give credit to Robert for letting Zeppelin die gracefully, unlike the 'Stones, who basically ruined themselves by endlessly touring even though they're all 70 years old. Is that what you want to see? I sure as hell don't.

THANK YOU ROBERT.

I don't post much but I had to vent. Excellent point just as I was thinking. Rob is not being selfish he is HAPPY!!!!! I could careless if they do a another show. If they do heck I will try to be there (I have seen them already on June 26, 1977, L.A. Forum), but I have to agree with Rob when he says he would feel like a fool calling themselfs Led Zeppelin and touring with the old songs, I have recently heard Jimmy say the samething. Look at Kiss, The Stones, and the new Journey etc... it really is sad. I think Robert is happy doing what he is doing now and I am happy for him.

I have thought long and hard and I totally believe the reason Rob hates the touring with Jimmy is because Jimmy has to have these big elaborate arena concerts everynight and Rob is tired of that shit! That is just my conclusion and from what he says in interviews.

As far as Rob ever getting where he is today, Who knows??? We could say too would Jimmy be where he is today if it was not for The Yardbirds, I have often wondered that. I love all 3 remaining members dearly(and the late Bonham too, of course), this band has been in my life a very long time, 36 years I have been listening to them almost everyday. I want them to happy and healthy!!!

Lanni

Good for you. I really think Jimmy's the problem, those off the wall flippant things he's says to reporter's.........Sometimes I just don't know where his head is. :blink:

Can you give some examples? As far as I have seen, during the 70s and present day, most of what Jimmy has said seemed to be very considered...

Can you give some examples? As far as I have seen, during the 70s and present day, most of what Jimmy has said seemed to be very considered...
I think Levee was having a laugh Cactus - though I personally thought Jimmy's comment about how Robert could have at least showed up at the Grammys was ill-considered (yet somehow unnoticed by those who love to bash).

Here's why I still have a gut feeling they will get back together:

1) Last year when Robert said "there wouldn't be enough doctors to support" a Zeppelin show, many here took it as a gospel truth denial. I pointed out at the time that when Robert has wanted to deny any Zep-related activity, he does it in no uncertain terms. In my opinion the fake snoring when reporters ask about Zeppelin, etc., is in the same spirit: a non-denial denial.

2) Jimmy seems much more accepting of what's going on than he has in the past. When Robert has impeded a Zeppelin reunion, or pulled out of the Walking Into Everywhere tour, Jimmy has never been shy about airing his side of things. Almost as if he wanted Zeppelin fans to know that he wants what many of us want and we shouldn't blame him for it not happening. I thought at the Classic Rock Awards when he said it's not his job to convince anybody and O2 was from the goodness of their hearts (or words to that effect), it showed that the possibility is still there, even if nothing has been planned yet.

I don't think anything is in writing yet. But I do think they went into last December's show with a spirit of "if this goes well and we enjoy it, we could do more." By all accounts that's what happened.

That's why I haven't said Plant is selfish in any of my threads. I loved Allison Krauss before I ever heard of them collaborating, saw her live twice. Saw Raising Sand front row center in NYC and loved it. I hope they do another album with T bone at some point. But to be honest, I would find it disappointing if Robert is moved to do more Strange Sensation stuff rather than work with the J's when this tour is over. It would seem unnatural after the success and goodwill that went down in '07.

Just my $.02...

^ He's not going back to the Sensations when this tour is over - he's doing a second album with AK.

I just mentioned the Sensations because I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'd be disappointed if he did that instead of something new with the Zeps. This of course got me painted with the "Plant is selfish" brush, which was not what I said or meant!

I've never doubted that they'll do "Raising Sand II." It makes sense, they should. But Allison mentioned that she's looking forward to playing with Union Station again next year and even T Bone said Plant could do that and work with Page, Jones, and Bonham. Even said he'd like to see Robert do that. Time will tell!...

• 3 weeks later...
Question: what would a reunion tour with a replacement drummer for the deceased John Bonham possibbly do for the legacy of Led Zeppelin?

Answer: absolutely fucking nothing. I think Robert Plant is quite aware of this and I'm glad to see that he is a man of integrity, thats INTEGRITY - look it up.

I think you suffer from a flacid penis. You should look into different medical remedies to fix this malady. Jason Bonham is an excellent "SIT IN". AC/DC replaced Bon Scott with Brian Johnson and had a HUGE career with him. He introduced a different yet similar influence on the band. Take your Viagra and shut up. You limp dick MoFo.

Archived