Page/Jones/Bonham/Coverdale

chunga

Planty most likely will never tour with Jones and Page. Accept it. He rather play North African blues and/or bluegrass, or whatever his daughter is currently listening to.

(okay, I'm gonna lie down now and take a rest...)

:thumbdown::angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::burp::watchingyou:

Well ya better WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

(okay, now I'm gunna lie down and rest) :D

Instead of Coverdale, who once I needed hearing aids, might do an acceptable job. Let's think out side the box the box for a few. Why not get Ann wilson of Heart to do the job? For that matter include her sister Nancy. I've seen Heart do LZ songs live and loved it. Can you imagine what those two would bring to the table? At least there would be a respect for the music. I'm thinking it's a no brainer.

:notworthy:

That is thee best choice I've heard so far. In my opinion anyway.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that Heart

and Zeppelin are two of my all time favorites.

It would be pretty cool to see them on stage together.

WOW...

saw whitesnake the other night, shite coverdale singing, hes past it believe me.

Saw Coverdale in '78 & '87. Very good in '78. not so good in '87.

But without Plant, why bother! :rolleyes:

B)

If Jimmy proceeds with Coverdale, would you go see it?

Yes, I would. In my opinion, if Jimmy were to go with Coverdale, it would be as if Jimmy were slapping Robert right in the face. LED ZEPPELIN, at this point, can only consist of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham, enough said.

If P,J, & B want to play together and Robert insists on sticking to bluegrass, why not? They don't need his permission to go out and tour together. I would be ecstatic to go see them play even if it was with David Coverdale. I hope Plant comes around and does at least a smattering of dates for an entire generation of fans that have never really had the opportunity to see them in concert (Most of us did not win the O2 lottery for one of 18,000 tickets), but if not, tour away.

I can't see Page, Jones, and Bonham doing anything without Plant. There would be too much pressure on them to call it Zeppelin which of course would never happen. No Plant, no Zeppelin. IMO Of course I would be thrilled to see PJ+B record new music and tour with or without Plant, I just don't think without Robert they would do it.

Well it wouldn't have to be called Led Zeppelin, all three can at least do something if they're up for it. Foreigner is still touring well into October so we wouldn't know if JB would be available until then.

"I hear the horses' thunder

Down in the valley below,

I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon,

Waiting for the eastern glow."

I can't see Page, Jones, and Bonham doing anything without Plant. There would be too much pressure on them to call it Zeppelin which of course would never happen. No Plant, no Zeppelin. IMO Of course I would be thrilled to see PJ+B record new music and tour with or without Plant, I just don't think without Robert they would do it.

Since when are Page And Jones touring, or does the "guest appearance" count as the start of a concert tour?

The trouble with a lot of people on this forum is they are too one dimensional and don't try to appreciate other forms of music.

Talk about discrimination.

I think there's the false assumption that DC would want anything to do with it. He and Jimmy are very good friends (to the point where I think Jimmy has seen every Whitesnake tour of England since 1994) but I think David would decline the offer. His voice has been...for lack of a better description...crap on this most recent tour. I spoke briefly with him a couple weeks ago and, while the latest Whitesnake album has done very well (outside of the States) he sounds like he's had it with the screaming. He's voice has been torn to shreds on this most recent tour and he knows it. When David sings mid range and higher mid range he has one of the most brilliant voices of any rock singer on the planet, and that includes Robert Plant. When he screams.....thats a different story.

David's been doing a couple acoustic numbers on the most recent tour and he still sounds great on them. I wonder if that's the direction he's going. For visual evidence here's Aint Gonna Cry No More from the just completed British tour

Jeff

QUOTE (reids @ Jul 17 2008, 06:00 PM)

I would go see "An Evening of Led Zeppelin music" with the 3 Js if they wanted to perform instrumental pieces of Zeppelin songs. I'm sure others would, too. It'd be a great way to warm up the 3Js and get them out there to the fans. Plant can tag along for the one-offs when he's not on the road or studio with Alison or Strange Sensation.

Hells Bells- I suggested the same thing months ago and got stoned at the wall!

:'(

Seriously, David Coverdale doesn't have the voice or the moves anymore.

And like I said months ago, too- ask Steven Tyler to come on board and I'll buy a ticket pdq.

I think Seal would be good.

He just needs a long curly blonde hair wig and he's all set! ROCK ON!

:lol:

Really though... Coverdale? Not for this Zep addict. Not now, not ever.

I definitely like the idea of Jimmy, JP and Jason doing some gigs sans Robert. But instrumental Zeppelin just wouldn't seem the same without Percy up there on stage. I'd still go though. But I'd most certainly be pining for some vocals.

I think that's one of the reasons they quit when Bonzo died. With Led Zeppelin you can't have one without the other. Like or not they're either a complete package or just a band playing Led Zeppelin songs with some other singer.

Archived