If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Mudbugclub

yeah well that's debatable... it depends on the definition of "dead." Keith seems to have a category all his own, such as "semi-dead with embalmed-like skin."

I remember seeing him on the cover of Rolling Stone about 20 years ago, and his skin color looked green due to herion abuse. Seriously- green. It wasn't long after that he had a complete blood transfusion in Switzerland. So technically I'd say Keith's been "semi-dead" since the '80s...

It must have been from snorting to much of his dad's cremation ashes as well as many others. IT MUST BE SOME GREAT SHIT IF KEITH SNORTS IT! ROCK ON!

Keith seems to have a category all his own, such as "semi-dead with embalmed-like skin."

I remember seeing him on the cover of Rolling Stone about 20 years ago, and his skin color looked green due to herion abuse. Seriously- green. It wasn't long after that he had a complete blood transfusion in Switzerland.

Never happened.

....and the incident that inspired the never-ending urban legend about the blood-change happened in 1973 or so.

Keith's alleged "blood change"

....and he's been clean (of heroin) since before '88,so "about 20 yrs. ago" must mean about 30

Jaco Pastorius

John Bonham

Bob Marley

Janis Joplin

Wow, what a fucking band!!!

Still, let's not exclude:

Moon

Entwhistle

Segovia

Morrison

Rhoads

Aw fuck it! Sing it Jim Carroll!!! :beer:

Teddy sniffing glue he was 12 years old

Fell from the roof on East Two-nine

Cathy was 11 when she pulled the plug

On 26 reds and a bottle of wine

Bobby got leukemia, 14 years old

He looked like 65 when he died

He was a friend of mine

Those are people who died, died

They were all my friends, and they died

G-berg and Georgie let their gimmicks go rotten

So they died of hepatitis in upper Manhattan

Sly in Vietnam took a bullet in the head

Bobby OD'd on Drano on the night that he was wed

They were two more friends of mine

Two more friends that died / I miss 'em--they died

Mary took a dry dive from a hotel room

Bobby hung himself from a cell in the tombs

Judy jumped in front of a subway train

Eddie got slit in the jugular vein

And Eddie, I miss you more than all the others,

And I salute you brother/ This song is for you my brother

Herbie pushed Tony from the Boys' Club roof

Tony thought that his rage was just some goof

But Herbie sure gave Tony some bitchen proof

"Hey," Herbie said, "Tony, can you fly?"

But Tony couldn't fly . . . Tony died

Brian got busted on a narco rap

He beat the rap by rattin' on some bikers

He said, hey, I know it's dangerous,

but it sure beats Riker's

But the next day he got offed

by the very same bikers

John Bonham

Jimi Hendrix

Brian Jones

Django Reindardt

Andreas Sevogia

Luciano Pavorotti

Jaco Pastorious

Roy Buchanan

Freddie Mercury

Randy Rhoads

John Entwistle

Keith Moon

Jim Morrison

Elvis

George Harrison

John Lennon

and of course, Ahmet Ertegun :)

that's good for starters (and what a jam session that would be)

R B)

Jeff Buckley. Only one mention here for him so far,I think[by Tangerine] John Bonham goes without saying here so Jeff it is for me.He died young,by accident,and had only just started what may have been an astonishing career.Just sad.

I just wanted to tell you guys that John Bonham is currently winning in this poll!

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, Freddie Mercury? Or someone else?

This Day in Music are carrying out a world-wide survey to see which dead rock stars people would want to see again - for one night only!

Who would you pick? You can see a full list and vote on

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

F*c* it, BRING THEM ALL BACK in case we left some out! ROCK ON!

I'd like to see that......thanks,fellow Marylander. B)

I'd like to see it too, Hon! I've read tons of Stones info over the years, but swear I read in Bill's Stone Alone that he went to Switzerland in the 80s and spent time with Keith while he had a blood transfusion. I read that Snopes site, and it infers that Keith did get a blood treatment- in the 70s- more like an "oil change" but not a total transfusion. I do believe he underwent the "blood filtering" bit. Nevertheless, in my "research" I did come across some Zeppelin(Page)/Stones connections which I thought were interesting. I'll post those somewhere else.

I'd like to see it too, Hon! I've read tons of Stones info over the years, but swear I read in Bill's Stone Alone that he went to Switzerland in the 80s and spent time with Keith while he had a blood transfusion. I read that Snopes site, and it infers that Keith did get a blood treatment- in the 70s- more like an "oil change" but not a total transfusion. I do believe he underwent the "blood filtering" bit. Nevertheless, in my "research" I did come across some Zeppelin(Page)/Stones connections which I thought were interesting. I'll post those somewhere else.

From what I've read;Keith got the first blood treatment (filtering)in the early 70s,sometime in 1973,IIRC,and joked that he had a "blood change".Couple that with the fact the the proceedure itself is somewhat confusing to read,and you have the birth of an urban legend which will not die.As far as I know;a complete blood transfusion isn't possible,but the treatment is.It's all in the wording.

Recommended reading:

Bockris2939.jpg

It's the best one I've read;at least until the autobiography comes out.

Recommended reading:

Bockris2939.jpg

It's the best one I've read;at least until the autobiography comes out.

I'm waiting for it, too- and I hope he can get it published before he becomes the #1 rock star of this topic's title... Keef! Hurry up, man! :o

Jeff Buckley. Only one mention here for him so far,I think[by Tangerine] John Bonham goes without saying here so Jeff it is for me.He died young,by accident,and had only just started what may have been an astonishing career.Just sad.

It was such a sad incident. Jeff had such a beautiful voice and wrote wonderful songs. I'll mention him again to make it a third time!

• 2 weeks later...
Elvis - The Original ROCK star!

Thank you very much. B)

You have good taste! Could you imagine a "cleaned-up" Elvis Re-taking control of the Rock world? He did great in his time period, kept "coming-back", but w/ the right managment and the Betty Ford Clinic he could have accomplished way more than he did. Even though he accomplished way more than almost everybody.

Great Opinions, I'm going to stick w/the ones who I think had a lot more to say. Jimi Hendrix! He accomplished a lot, but imagine a few more years. John Lennon, overcame the political B.S. and finally came out w/ a fresh great album, and got assasinated? Had he been able to keep going he would have been a huge part of musical history in the 80's. And the Beatles would have reformed, even if only to rake in cash, and again break all existing records. And Kurt Cobain. He probably had a couple more albums in him. At least he pulled the plug on the 80's. Isn't that amazing? All these overproduced jerk-off's just lost their jobs with the release of one song and video.

Archived