Page Plant Falling Out?

Dandu

I've been reading something similar in other "respectable" new sites where they're blaming Jimmy for putting the brakes on a tour due to his comments at the MoJo awards. Maybe, but at least Jimmy isn't entertaining this miserable will they-won't they courtship with the press. Not to worry- there's another slew of Zeppelin nominations for Classic Rock awards coming up this year. Maybe Robert will get a thank you then, or better yet, SHOW UP at one of these ceremonies? :whistling:

BBC NEWS/Entertainment

Since Robert didn't show up for the Lifetime achievement awards at the Grammy's in 2008, maybe Jimmy figured Robert didn't care this time and just left him out as to not point out his absence again.

It is rare to have all 3 of them in one place at the same time, it has only happened a handful of times in the last 25 years so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I agree with you Knebby!

That's The Sun for ya :rolleyes:

"Respectable" Sites and the media in general, are now, too, involved in tabloid exploitation in order to increase their younger viewers, which equates to increased ratings (ie money).

In other words, don't trust any of 'em.

Wait until it's officially posted.

R:)

Edited by reids

Guess that will depend on if he is off doing more Rock-A-Billy, Sitar influenced Jazz, Country & Western, Egyptian folk, West Indies Blue Grass, Alpine yodle Rock, Etc., Etc., Etc., You know, anything but "Real" Led Zeppelin.

Now, sit back and watch the bashing I get for telling the truth. You will hear things like:

Robert has the right to do what he want's

Robert needs to express himself and grow musically

Anyone that questions Robert about LZ is selfish

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

You've just described the music Jimmy's into.

Good for you! :rolleyes:

Guess that will depend on if he is off doing more Rock-A-Billy, Sitar influenced Jazz, Country & Western, Egyptian folk, West Indies Blue Grass, Alpine yodle Rock, Etc., Etc., Etc., You know, anything but "Real" Led Zeppelin.

Now, sit back and watch the bashing I get for telling the truth. You will hear things like:

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

:lol:

QUOTE (Planet 51 @ Jul 25 2008, 08:59 AM) post_snapback.gifGuess that will depend on if he is off doing more Rock-A-Billy, Sitar influenced Jazz, Country & Western, Egyptian folk, West Indies Blue Grass, Alpine yodle Rock, Etc., Etc., Etc., You know, anything but "Real" Led Zeppelin.

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

:lol:

You're right it is laughable. :blink:

QUOTE (Planet 51 @ Jul 25 2008, 08:59 AM) post_snapback.gifGuess that will depend on if he is off doing more Rock-A-Billy, Sitar influenced Jazz, Country & Western, Egyptian folk, West Indies Blue Grass, Alpine yodle Rock, Etc., Etc., Etc., You know, anything but "Real" Led Zeppelin.

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

You're right it is laughable. :blink:

Well actually I was laughing at the bashing part and the Alpine yodel rock...funny stuff considering the circumstances. B)

A source said: “Robert was really disappointed that he didn’t merit a mention. The award was for the band’s performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked.”

Uh-huh, this source most likely is some grumpy copy editor who has never even heard of Robert Plant.

ANd when did recipients of awards start thanking themselves instead of thanking the presenting body? Is this a recent trend?

F'n drivel.

OH COME ON ROBERT! After all of these years, after everything you went through! Its a hell of a lot more than that. ROCK ON!

Etc., Etc., Etc.,

wow, poor planet's post is gone? poor planet......poor us!

another 'name' bites the dust....

Edited by beatbo

wow, poor planet's post is gone? poor planet......poor us!

another 'name' bites the dust....

Are you kidding me?!!

That is enough to get one banned from the site?!! I may not agree with the guy, but come on, soon people who say they don't like the live version of rock and roll as much as the original will be banned. It is not a "discussion" if alternate points of view are not welcome. I certainly didn't think the post was offensive. Belaboured, perhaps, but no more so than those of some others on the site.

Are you kidding me?!!

That is enough to get one banned from the site?!! I may not agree with the guy, but come on, soon people who say they don't like the live version of rock and roll as much as the original will be banned. It is not a "discussion" if alternate points of view are not welcome. I certainly didn't think the post was offensive. Belaboured, perhaps, but no more so than those of some others on the site.

No it's not. And if he's banned, it's for something other than criticizing Robert.

No it's not. And if he's banned, it's for something other than criticizing Robert.

Absolutely, just shows the board is getting more round the clock coverage. The 'banned' like to hang in the wee hours....

Half the board would be gone otherwise! :D It was for a lot more than that.

I can't say that I read every post on the board, but I didn't see anything offensive posted by Planet. Sure the guy/gal kept singing the same tune over and over, but I thought he/she did so in a respectful and often humorous way. Maybe I missed the post that led to the banning, but it seems that those who regularly voice a negative opinion about Robert Plant are dropping like flies.

Note: this negative view of Robert is not a view that I share, see my post about the Toronto RP/AK show in the pre/post zep forum.

**Edited for clarity...

Edited by Dandu

I can't say that I read every post on the board, but I didn't see anything offensive posted by Planet. Sure the guy/gal kept singing the same tune over and over, but I thought he/she did so in a respectful and often humorous way. Maybe I missed the post that led to the banning, but it seems that those who regularly voice a negative opinion about Robert Plant are dropping like flies.

Note: this negative view of Robert is not a view that I share, see my post about the Toronto RP/AK show in the pre/post zep forum.

**Edited for clarity...

I didn't see any bad ones by him either. I don't think one would get banned for Robert bashing unless you were totally belligerant about it but of course I could be wrong.

Some of the antics that have been pulled in the twighlight hours were pretty despicable though...I can only guess he/she pulled an antic. People were creating user names that in themselves were direct insults to others on the board..how pathetic is that! Hide behind a user name knowing you're going to be a dumb shit and get banned but not even care becuase you had a few moments of letting all your aggressions out....

Everyone who is a long standing citizen of this board should be proud. It proves you can disagree and do so amicably without being insulting to others.

Of course, some good natured teasing never hurt anyone :) and rather builds the community instead of separating the community...

I didn't see any bad ones by him either. I don't think one would get banned for Robert bashing unless you were totally belligerant about it but of course I could be wrong.

Some of the antics that have been pulled in the twighlight hours were pretty despicable though...I can only guess he/she pulled an antic. People were creating user names that in themselves were direct insults to others on the board..how pathetic is that! Hide behind a user name knowing you're going to be a dumb shit and get banned but not even care becuase you had a few moments of letting all your aggressions out....

Everyone who is a long standing citizen of this board should be proud. It proves you can disagree and do so amicably without being insulting to others.

Of course, some good natured teasing never hurt anyone :) and rather builds the community instead of separating the community...

Wow! Never saw any of that stuff. Pretty childish. Hopefully that was the case here and not someone being silenced for expressing an opinion.

This rumor must be why the other rumor didn't happen. :whistling: You know, the press conference Jimmy & Robert were going to have, until this happened! :rolleyes:

:hysterical:

I still say it's a conspiracy... :lol: The guys are working together to work their fans into an absolute frenzy! Just think when those tix finally go on sale.... :D

We all know that thick, thin, sober, not sober...these guys are brothers! There will always be a bond that is stronger than any negative reporting can ever undo!

it's obvious from the length of time he was allowed to post that his content wasn't the problem. there are those who, if they chose, could certainly give harrowing detail about some very ignorant behaviour, especially the way PM's are used. some of these repeat trolls are easy (for me and others) to spot by the way they post that you can't help but let them know you recognize them-it speeds the process up.

i don't have any idea what planet finally did but it wasn't the post on this thread, i'm sure. when you are banned, all your posts get pulled. (unless you're quoted)

i have found from my experience on this forum that the admin and mods are both cautious and decisive, and have been very good at protecting this online community from lengthy personal attacks. it is very hard to do and be fair about.

admin pulled a post of mine linking to a bootleg zeppelin studio outtake. they were absolutely right to do so. but they did allow me to question them about it and that was very cool. they could have just told me to go get stuffed.

as for any anti-robert post: go ahead, fire away. it won't change a damn thing reunion-wise and might even hurt a little, for all we know.

and if i don't get any jimmy page onstage or in the studio SOON, i'm gonna boycott whitesnake....