Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

And you, of course, know longdistance's whole history, right? That's pathetic. You have been rejected as a teenager (good god, who hasn't!) which bothers you to this day, and you theat it as a collosal tragedy. That's even more pathetic.

I think she said she has been dating her current boyfriend since she was 17.

To me it is. And yes it does bother me to this day. When i am out on the dating scene i still feel like that teenage guy a lot of times except i look even less good looking then back then. That stuff that happens to you when you are a kid i think forms you. I remember a kid making fun of my nose and to this day even along with the fact I broke it when i was a teen. I am still self concious about it. That sounds bonkers but it's true.

"Who hasn't" is a bit much. Back in my day teenage girls did not risk any rejection. At my school they never approached. So i think if you talked to them they wouldn't have many rejection stories.

But a lot of the advice i am getting is from women who don't do the approaching and aren't the aggressor. So how are they going to be able to relate to me? :blink:

When I was thirteen, there was this boy in my class whom I fancied a lot. I told it to my friend, and he told him before I could do anything myself. And this boy whom I fancied a lot turned me down. I was devastated.

And now the best part of the story: he rejected me because he didn't believe I was really interested in him. I learned that only a year ago. I'm engaged to this boy right now. (It's a much more complicated story, and many ridiculous things happened in the meantime, but it would be pointless to tell you everything.)

P.S. He's extremely shy, but he still thinks you're an idiot.

Alright, Tim-nice-but-dim, I was never asked out during school. Not once. From the age of 4 to 17, not one guy ever told me he liked me. Not that I'm looking, but no one expresses interest in me now. And when someone did ask me out - my boyfriend - he threw up straight after. He was drunk. Romantic, yes? I was turned down whenever one of my friends would blab that I liked so-and-so. It was always in that, 'I like you, but not in that way', kind of tone. And I - and many of my friends - had the misfortune of usually fancying the guys who were too popular for us - and, as a consequence, had girlfriend's already. I don't think any of us give two craps about those guys now, or about school. It's over. It's done. Do you see us crying in the breast milk?

And, yes, I can relate - some of that shit were factors in my breakdown.

If he doesn't pack this thread in, I'll do a number on him.

Sorry. i guess you can relate.

When I was thirteen, there was this boy in my class whom I fancied a lot. I told it to my friend, and he told him before I could do anything myself. And this boy whom I fancied a lot turned me down. I was devastated.

And now the best part of the story: he rejected me because he didn't believe I was really interested in him. I learned that only a year ago. I'm engaged to this boy right now. (It's a much more complicated story, and many ridiculous things happened in the meantime, but it would be pointless to tell you everything.)

What's his rejection record?

Wow that's quite a story. :o My rejections just lead to nothing. No twists or turns or anything. Just a thud.

I think Spats women problems all stems from his childhood. Someone in his life must have done a number on him. :wacko:

Just disaappointments and rejection with girls.

I remember there was this girl i really liked. Her name was Susy. We knew each other . i thought she was great and it thought she liked me too. She didn't like me in that way. To make matters worse. She started dating a guy who i couldn't stand !! We didn't get along at all. So for the rest of high school i had to pass them in the halls and see them in class. kissing and hugging etc,. It was horrible. it was torture.

That's just one story i tell. I already told you the story at the dance. Which was right up there with the worst.

What's his rejection record?

One of his former girlfriends got pregnant, and after he claimed all responsibility (she was 15) and willingly bore all the consequences, he learned that the unborn baby wasn't his. And that's only one example of what he has gone throught (I will say no more, otherwise I'll feel like an ungrateful bitch). So, are you still interested in his "rejection record"?

One of his former girlfriends got pregnant, and after he claimed all responsibility (she was 15) and willingly bore all the consequences, he learned that the unborn baby wasn't his. And that's only one example of what he has gone throught (I will say no more, otherwise I'll feel like an ungrateful bitch). So, are you still interested in his "rejection record"?

Wow. :o

You see Spats, your situation on the matter of love are a lot like Einstein's Theories of Relativity regarding time-travel.

Imagine a spacecraft capable of traveling 99.995% the speed of light. At this speed, the time distortion factor is approximately 100. Suppose this craft leaves earth in the year 2009 AD headed on a trip to and from Alpha-Centauri (a star approximately 4.5 light-years from earth). When it returns from its journey, it will have traveled nine light-years at near the speed of light, and the passengers will find that the year on earth upon their arrival is 2018 AD. 9 years on earth will have passed, but due to the relative time distortion, the passengers aboard the craft will have seen just 1/100th of that time span pass - only about 1 month. Their bodies will have aged just 1 month; their clocks will have moved ahead the equivalent of 1 month. Ultimately, the net effect will be that these astronauts will have traveled into the future by 8 years and 11 months.

You follow?

Because the mass of the ship increases the faster it goes, the spatial acceleration needed to produce one gravity (1g) becomes less and less. As the ship approaches the speed of light, its mass and the mass of everything aboard becomes very large. It takes much less change of velocity to create a force of 1 gravity when the objects become so much more massive. As time, seen from an external point of view, goes on, the velocity of the ship levels off as it approaches the speed of light. This results in less and less spatial acceleration, but, according to the passengers on the ship, nothing changes! Time seems to be perfectly normal, their weight and mass will seem to be the same, and their surroundings appear in perfect proportion.

You see, it's as if you are on board the ship... you never notice what is going on around you because you're not going anywhere relative to the ship (ship = the origin of love)... we observers here on earth watching from a-far notice everything you miss while you're traveling aimlessly in the abyss of space (space = your mind)

The more time that goes on with you acting like this, the further away you get from the rest of us.. and the closer you get to ultimately accepting the fact that your love life sucks... YOU NEED TO STEP OUT OF YOUR OWN MIND AND LOOK AT IT FROM OTHER PEOPLES' VIEWPOINTS.

<puts on ultra-dorky 1950's black-framed coke-bottle spectacles held together by tape in the middle>

Also, being as well educated as we must be, one could deduce, of course, that since density=mass/volume, and, with the case described above (where the mass of the craft increases while the volume of the craft remains un-changed), it follows that the density of the craft, in kind, would increase proportionately.

The net result - Spats, like the spacecraft, is becoming increasingly dense as time meanders along.

It is so hot here today!

It's windy too! I think I might do some washing - you know perfect day for drying your clothes! I just made the most fabulous chocolate cake too! everyone really enjoyed it! So I guess the weather doesn't really stop a good time from happening... simple pleasures you know? I also have these new cups that are just like the ones Nigella Lawson uses... so I am feeling totally bourgeois-beatnik.

Anyway must go!

anyone else want to add to the change of subject?

It is so hot here today!

It's windy too! I think I might do some washing - you know perfect day for drying your clothes! I just made the most fabulous chocolate cake too! everyone really enjoyed it! So I guess the weather doesn't really stop a good time from happening... simple pleasures you know? I also have these new cups that are just like the ones Nigella Lawson uses... so I am feeling totally bourgeois-beatnik.

Anyway must go!

anyone else want to add to the change of subject?

The only problem with this is since the topic is about Spats, you are now off topic :) But i know most people feel your pain, lol.

But a lot of the advice i am getting is from women who don't do the approaching and aren't the aggressor. So how are they going to be able to relate to me?

dude... I think most of the women giving advice on here are the sort to approach men if they have to... and as for being 'aggressor' I wouldn't want anyone to be an aggressor in a relationship...

if you don't think anyone can relate to you then stop talking about it and just do whatever you want...

I mean you are too interested in what you don't want to bring to a relationship - hung up on what you don't want to do... maybe you should start thinking about what you would do to get into a relationship - and what you offer to someone...

If you can't think of anything that you can offer to a relationship (I can't think of anything you can offer at the moment) then don't even start trying to get into one because that would be mentally abusive to the other party....

AARRGGGG sucked into the vortex yet again!!!!

The only problem with this is since the topic is about Spats, you are now off topic :) But i know most people feel your pain, lol.

P.S. SOMEONE CREATED A MONSTER BY MAKING THIS THREAD!! It is like a cyber zombie takeover!!

It does showcase some seriously intelligent female Zeppelin fans though... I think I am in love ! and I'm not even a lesbian!!

Can't we just create him a website of his own, something like the Spatsification blog.

He can discuss his deep theories there bout alpha male conspiracies, evil women, the pros and contras of beeing permanently depressed, with people from around the globe. Not only Zep fans.....I think that people who dig Gothic music might dig him quite well......just lets be somber.

Once his fanclub has grown he can even start selling action figures and posters......people might want to become like him.

At least he got one Zep thing going,

he is for sure dazed and confused

(so if his fans make him president that song will become a national anthem....yeeehaaa)

I'm sure this has been mentioned several times before, but I say we all just stop posting on this thread. Let it die.... hell I'd be happy if it just ends up on page 2!

Cozmic sister, you make perfect sense to me,

So let's let him be.

For 224 pages we let him beast,

No more mindfood for this idiot's feast.

Cozmic sister, you make perfect sense to me,

So let's let him be.

For 224 pages we let him beast,

No more mindfood for this idiot's feast.

Not sure if it will work though, but we can always try.

Starting................................ NOW. :D

dude... I think most of the women giving advice on here are the sort to approach men if they have to... and as for being 'aggressor' I wouldn't want anyone to be an aggressor in a relationship...

if you don't think anyone can relate to you then stop talking about it and just do whatever you want...

I mean you are too interested in what you don't want to bring to a relationship - hung up on what you don't want to do... maybe you should start thinking about what you would do to get into a relationship - and what you offer to someone...

If you can't think of anything that you can offer to a relationship (I can't think of anything you can offer at the moment) then don't even start trying to get into one because that would be mentally abusive to the other party....

AARRGGGG sucked into the vortex yet again!!!!

Not really. They have said for the most part they are not the type to approach.

The things i can offer?

- I am a loyal friend.

- I am trustworthy.

- I am independant. I won't be clinging to them.

- I am not possessive at all.

- I don't have a bad temper

- I am not a jealous person. Unless it's of other people who are doing better than me.

- I am in pretty good shape.

- I am an animal lover

- I like to go to movies.

There is some stuff that i bring to the table.

Archived