If a Single of Whole Lotta Love "Beijing mix" was released:

Reggie29

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know. I'd probably buy it since it's Jimmy Page, but I didn't think the lyrics were done all that well. My mum hates Zeppelin and even she said that Leona Lewis butchered the song and she'd rather hear Robert sing it.

Probably, it's Jimmy Page. Would I listen to it? No. I don't like Britney Spears.

It's all a matter of taste. I didn't say that my opinion was the right opinion for everyone. To each their own.

We're not talking about Britney Spears (American), besides Jimmy will play with whomever and whenever Jimmy wants to! ! :blink:

I think any singer or musician would love the opportunity to play and record with him.

The whole event was to showcase London within an eight minute segment, featuring English cultural icons from different areas particularly music and sport.

If LOCOG wanted maximum exposure it would be an ideal marketing vehicle for them to promote London 2012.

Just having the record associated with the IOC would be enough, they don't need the money.

We all know Jimmy's ability as a producer, so I reckon the recorded track would have a killer sound as long as it's heard through a decent system

Perhaps the proceeds could go to Jimmy's ABC charity.

Win, win all round.

We're not talking about Britney Spears (American), besides Jimmy will play with whomever and whenever Jimmy wants to! ! :blink:

I think any singer or musician would love the opportunity to play and record with him.

The whole event was to showcase London within an eight minute segment, featuring English cultural icons from different areas particularly music and sport.

If LOCOG wanted maximum exposure it would be an ideal marketing vehicle for them to promote London 2012.

Just having the record associated with the IOC would be enough, they don't need the money.

We all know Jimmy's ability as a producer, so I reckon the recorded track would have a killer sound as long as it's heard through a decent system

Perhaps the proceeds could go to Jimmy's ABC charity.

Win, win all round.

Seconded. The sound quality on the night was frustrating, and it would be a good cause. Maybe Leona can choose a charity, too.

:huh:

What if Jimmy played with Brittany Spears, would you buy that single, too?

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Robert opt's out of a full-blown reunion tour, they should hire B-spears!

To answer the question, No to buying these singles, most of us already have the best of the best on Boot-leg!

Could you imagine what it would look like to see "Brittany" fronting LedZeppelin"?

Forget about Ozzy, Chris Cornell, Steven Tyler, Wolfmother, Jack White, Jack Black(oops, nobody mentioned him yet). Brittany all the way!

To answer the question, No to buying these singles, most of us already have the best of the best on Boot-leg!

Could you imagine what it would look like to see "Brittany" fronting LedZeppelin"?

Forget about Ozzy, Chris Cornell, Steven Tyler, Wolfmother, Jack White, Jack Black(oops, nobody mentioned him yet). Brittany all the way!

So you and the others who said no, would buy a "pirated", (most probably stolen from Jimmy) illegal bootleg but wouldn't spend five bucks or whatever to support a charity if it were made available?

Very SS of you!

As for Britney, give yourself an uppercut!

So you and the others who said no, would buy a "pirated", (most probably stolen from Jimmy) illegal bootleg but wouldn't spend five bucks or whatever to support a charity if it were made available?

Very SS of you!

As for Britney, give yourself an uppercut!

I didn't realize it would go to a charity, But as far as buying boot-legs being detrimental to Jimmy in some way? Please. " Give yourself an uppercut". I'll bet that any Zep fan who owns a bootleg already has bought Zeps whole catalog more than once. And all of the live concerts he's realeased, and all of his re-masters. And DVD's.

I didn't realize it would go to a charity, But as far as buying boot-legs being detrimental to Jimmy in some way? Please. " Give yourself an uppercut". I'll bet that any Zep fan who owns a bootleg already has bought Zeps whole catalog more than once. And all of the live concerts he's realeased, and all of his re-masters. And DVD's.

Detrimental?

It's outright piracy when money changes hands.

Jimmy has no problems with people sharing "bootlegs" for FREE, only with people profiteering from them.

Obviously you can't take a joke otherwise you wouldn't be getting all defensive.

I got the Britney response and had a laugh about it.

Nobody, even you couldn't be serious. Or could you?

Detrimental?

It's outright piracy when money changes hands.

Jimmy has no problems with people sharing "bootlegs" for FREE, only with people profiteering from them.

Obviously you can't take a joke otherwise you wouldn't be getting all defensive.

I got the Britney response and had a laugh about it.

Nobody, even you couldn't be serious. Or could you?

Yes, I can take a joke, and B-spears is a joke. And about giving myself an upper-cut that was great. All I want is for Plant to join them and tour. I think his voice was great at the Reunion. About the Bootleg industry, I have mixed feelings. W/out them we wouldn't have access to all of this stuff we have, but some of those people are making a lot of money and in some cases ripping people off. Luckily my source sales me everything for the cost of the DVRs/CDRs, and if I want them in a nice case w/a picture he charges a little extra for the cost of the ink printer.

Yes, I can take a joke, and B-spears is a joke. And about giving myself an upper-cut that was great. All I want is for Plant to join them and tour. I think his voice was great at the Reunion. About the Bootleg industry, I have mixed feelings. W/out them we wouldn't have access to all of this stuff we have, but some of those people are making a lot of money and in some cases ripping people off. Luckily my source sales me everything for the cost of the DVRs/CDRs, and if I want them in a nice case w/a picture he charges a little extra for the cost of the ink printer.

I posted this on another thread about the release of Led Zeppelin's sheet music, so it may be apt here.

This is another subtle link in a chain of events, a precurser perhaps of what has been and is to come. :)

First there was the launch of Mothership, then iPod and other downloads, followed by Ahmet's show, shortly thereafter jammin' with the Foo and of late the Wizard in the land of the Dragon! :)

Led Zeppelin is back, a big bli(m)p on the radar! :o

It bodes well for 2009 with some new material (hopefully), eventuating from JP, JPJ & JB in the form of an album. :)

While it is looking less likely that Robert would be available or keen to do anything in the short term, I would not be surprised to see and hear him wailing with the boys again.

Regardless of who is in the lineup, we all know that Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason would put on a great show.

I can see it now, ice machines, lasers, lights and of course the graphics. :D

Oh yeah I forgot, then there's the music! :o

I reckon they should play their first show in New Orleans, they deserve it!

Louisianans know how to ROCK! B)

I hope you are all safe.

Hey Alwizard03!

What's doin' mate?

All La De Da I hope! ;)

BTW, welcome to the forum. :)

I'd rather see Madonna frontin' than that whore Britney. She's such trash ! !

Archived