re; Great News Led Zeppelin second to the Spice Girls

euro

:rolleyes: Way to go

Spice Girls beat Led Zeppelin to win Vodafone music award for reunion of the year

The Spice Girls won an award for the best music reunion of the year, beating Led Zeppelin in the process.

By Chris Irvine

Last Updated: 12:33PM BST 19 Sep 2008

Emma-Bunton-award_981096f.jpg Emma Bunton: 'a bit shocked' The girl group, Ginger, Baby, Sport, Scary and Posh, was honoured at the Vodafone Live Music Awards after getting back together for their world tour.

They defeated Led Zeppelin's one-off comeback, as well as the Verve and James.

The show took place at Brixton Academy, known for its rock gigs.

Performers included indie groups Glasvegas, The Automatic and Primal Scream.

They were joined however by some more established pop acts such The Pussycat Dolls, Will Young and James Morrison for the ceremony.

Primal Scream, who have been together for 25 years, closed the show with three songs, culminating in 1994 indie classic Rocks.

Baby spice Emma Bunton was the only Spice Girl present, admitted she was "a bit shocked" to beat such an established act as Led Zeppelin.

She said of the comeback tour, which cancelled dates in Asia, South America, Africa and Australia: "We had a great time. So I just feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to do it again."

She added: "The thing is, when you go to a gig, you go for fun and entertainment and a night out.

"And that's exactly what we did and I think that's why people enjoyed it so much."

Other winners included Mark Ronson, who was named best live male, with Kate Nash winning best female.

Take That's latest shows earned them the trophy for tour of the year, while Kings of Leon were named best international live act.

Sorry it is the Spice Girls dont know how to edit the header

Edited by euro

• 2 weeks later...
The Spice Girls actually had a reunion, unlike Led Zeppelin

What a ridiculous comment. If Page, Plant Jones and Bonham junior called it a reunion, that's exactly what it was. Who are you to argue with them about LED ZEPPELIN?

haha well keep in mind that zeppelin limited the one off so a few thousand, i mean if they had a bigger one off the numbers would be a little different. And zeppelins come back wasnt really a come back more like a one off celebration.

What a ridiculous comment. If Page, Plant Jones and Bonham junior called it a reunion, that's exactly what it was. Who are you to argue with them about LED ZEPPELIN?

I'm simply referring to who had the better reunion. When a band reunites, you think tour, album, etc.

We got one concert. Would the Spice Girls won had they done one show? Think not.

I also think Zep had the better reunion. But the Spice Girls winning was a reality check. Get on tour, record something, but please do more than a one night stand.

I also think Zep had the better reunion. But the Spice Girls winning was a reality check. Get on tour, record something, but please do more than a one night stand.

The father of time seems to not be using his time so wisely as he might have us think. But he is busy with a lot and what a lot of what zep but what unexpected so why would it be any different now they may have still a few tricks up their sleeves.

The father of time seems to not be using his time so wisely as he might have us think. But he is busy with a lot and what a lot of what zep but what unexpected so why would it be any different now they may have still a few tricks up their sleeves.

:huh: Come again?

lol what iv ment by it is that time is an issue here regardless the more the wait the worse it is and they have already let the bootleggers cash out with the 02. and its been a year i know hes busy and everything doing smaller things here and there. The spice girls came back in time to make money and i know thats not an issue for zep, But if it isnt we should be seeing something at least.

Plus we all think we know what they are up to... not really we know what they want us to know. So who really knows what they are planning in terms of a come back or not. doesnt mean they have to tour though. A come back can be a couple one offs here and there.

Just saying it might be a wake up call to do something if not anything together.

Edited by Olipticle