GUNS N' ROSES' Chinese Democracy

The Pagemeister

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Finally Has A Release Date

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date. The CD will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS manager Andy Gould reportedly told 900 Best Buy employees at "vendor convention" held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10. That news was confirmed online at film web sites whose representatives had attended a press screening of the flick. "If The World" will not appear on the film's soundtrack album.

"If The World" features the guitar work of Robin Finck and Buckethead, who have both since departed GUNS N' ROSES.

Another new GN'R song, called "Shackler's Revenge", appears on the Rock Band 2 video game.

"Chinese Democracy" has been more than 13 years in the making, with every original member of GUNS N' ROSES except for frontman Axl Rose long since gone from the lineup.

Yeah I was somewhat excited for this album and then I heard Shackler's Revenge and there is no way that I am buying that. If Axl is gonna take 14 years on this, he should at least make it good.

Haha haven't heard the cd yet... sounds like that's a fair statement though.

I'm VERY excited about this album, from the leaks on YouTube you can see it is going to be one of the best rock albums of all time.

However, I'll wait for an official announcement and even then Id still be wary, remember at the end of '06 when Axl said it was coming out in March '07.

Really? I've heard several leaks, and in no way does this sound like even one of the best GNR albums ever, much less one of the best rock albums. The only people overly stoked or enjoying this shit are the super hardcore GNR fans, and they'd like an album with nothing but Axl burping obscenities while Guitarist #15 farts on a snare drum.

I will buy it and listen to it but this cd is already 13 years old My God the idiot started not long after they split up in the early 90's either it will be the greatest lp ever done or the final nail in the coffin of a guy who I really liked in the late 80's early 90's.He needs some Therapy or something.

Well I guess maybe I could use some too but He had it all and just does not seem to be able to keep it together.

• 4 weeks later...

PRESS RELEASE

Best Buy to Host Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy Los Angeles Listening Event in Advance of Sunday Release

Last update: 3:10 p.m. EST Nov. 14, 2008

Nov 14, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Best Buy:

Attention Guns N' Roses fans! Be the

first to hear Guns N' Roses'

latest release -- Chinese Democracy --

at Best Buy's free listening party on

November 18. The event is open to the public, first come first

served. Consumers who have pre-ordered Chinese Democracy

should bring their receipt as proof of pre-order for front of the

line access. Attendees with pre-order receipts will receive a free Chinese

Democracy t-shirt while supplies last.

One of the most highly anticipated albums of all time, Guns N'

Roses' Chinese Democracy, will be available

beginning Nov. 23 at Best Buy and BestBuy.com on CD, vinyl, and

digital downloads. Chinese Democracy is the first

album of new material from one of rock's most influential bands

since the 1991 simultaneous releases of Use Your Illusion I

and Use Your Illusion II. Pre-orders can now be placed at

www.BestBuy.com/chinesedemocracy.

When: Tuesday, November 18

9:00 p.m. PST

All ages welcome

Where: THE ROXY

9009 West Sunset Blvd.,

West Hollywood, CA 90069

Visuals/ TV Crews and Photographers Welcome!

Interviews: Eager fans are expected to line up for a chance to hear Chinese

Democracy before it launches November 23

SOURCE: Best Buy

I think this will sell. It doesn't matter if the songs are good or bad, it's Axl.

But to me, G'n'R is not about r'n'r anymore. Everything what G'n'R was about disappeared with the Use Your Illusion albums and it is even more evident with this new album. But on the other hand, I'm not interested in that kind of music anymore either, so I couldn't care less.

I am proud to say I hated GnR from day one :).

Yes... isn't it Wonderful to Hate a Band from Day One !

That doesn't apply to me for GNR though, because I have LOVED GNR from day one ! !

But .... ohhhh there are other bands that I have had disdain for from day one ! For Sure !

Archived